Play Book Tag discussion

End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about End of Watch
Archive: Other Books > End of Watch - 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ladyslott | 1880 comments End of Watch is the final book in the Bill Hodges trilogy where everything comes to an end in more ways than one.

The series itself is a little hard to define since all three books have very different tones, yet they are held together by the characters we have come to care about over the last two years. Book one was a true detective novel reminiscent of the old Mickey Spillane books. The second book is amore of a bridge book; while there is a case to solve the book is more about character development and growth and book three melds the detective story with a full on supernatural - horror story. The story is very fast paced and does make a point about video games and the possibility of mind control through a game. All the main characters are back but the main focus is on the Bill Hodges relationship with his partner Holly Gibney, the one character who has changed the most and for the better. The ending is bittersweet as is presaged by the title but overall this was was a great series and I am sorry to see it come to an end, although with King you can never be sure that anything comes to an end.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy I just finished Mr Mercedes (Book 1). I am so glad that there are two more books to go!