Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Leaving
This topic is about The Leaving
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Leaving by Tara Altebrando → Start Date: July 13th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 28, 2016 10:13AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments Megan, Vicki, Nicole and I
Feel free to join us!

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments I'm joining I can't wait to read this

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments Yay! Welcome Nicole!

message 4: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks for making this thread for us, Trisha!

Megan | 52 comments I'm about 150 pages in and not sure how I feel. Hopefully Altebrando can turn things around!

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments I'll be starting later tonight
I'm so excited!

Does that mean you're liking it?? Or no?

Megan | 52 comments I wasn't sure at first, but I seem to be sold idly in the 'ughh' camp at this point. The writing is extremely fast paced and the mysteries have really sucked me in, but the characters are pretty lackluster. Though it's dual perspective each chapter feels like it's by the exact same character (a character I'm not so fond of in the first place). Now I'm exactly 50% in and the story is stuck in neutral. I get the vibe this will be one of those books where the ending is resolved in the last ten pages.

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments OMG I"m so late
and I'm so sorry! I've had a mini crisis at the house and it's thrown the whole week off (and now I've started another day camp)

but I"m FINALLY starting now :)

I'll post soon

but I see your 1 star so I'm hoping I like it more.
yikes

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments Well....I've read Day zero and day one
But my internet went down and I lost all my spoilers and comments. So I'll just update letting you know I like it so far. I'm okay with the characters so far and - like you - I'm finding the pace really easy to read and the mystery intriguing!

message 10: by Megan (new) - rated it 1 star

Megan | 52 comments Glad things have calmed down at your house! I typically give 2 stars to books I just didn't enjoy, but the ending of this one left me so frustrated. It's anticlimactic and open ended in a way that just wasn't fitting for all the unanswered questions I still had. There's some more stuff I'll elaborate on when everyone else gets further along, but that was my main issue.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments I'm through Day 3 and I just can't imagine what really happened

and now(view spoiler)

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31447 comments I'm finally done
and I agree - the ending was a little lack luster - especially for the adventure it took to get there (view spoiler)