CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

Halfway Celebration Threads > Day 2- Favorite Book so Far This Year

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 749 comments Mod
Welcome to Day 2 of our Halfway Celebration.

In this thread, I'm wondering... what has been your favorite book you've read this year?

Honestly, I had a hard time picking. I've read quite a few really good books this year. I managed to narrow it down to three: Star Wars: Bloodline, The Fellowship: The Literary Lives of the Inklings, and Uprooted. All were exceptionally well written, thoroughly engrossing, and they left distinct impressions in my mind. I would happily reread them over again.

So what has been your favorite?

Bloodline (Star Wars) by Claudia Gray The Fellowship The Literary Lives of the Inklings J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams by Philip Zaleski Uprooted by Naomi Novik

message 2: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
Scan by Walter Jury Scan (Scan, #1) by Walter Jury

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 475 comments I narrowed it down to three as well: The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King, Murder in Morningside Heights by Victoria Thompson, and Rising Strong by Brene Brown.
The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #14) by Laurie R. King Murder in Morningside Heights (Gaslight Mystery, #19) by Victoria Thompson Rising Strong by Brené Brown

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn | 53 comments so far this year,the one book,is An Amish Cradle by Beth Wiseman

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nmillerche) | 28 comments So far this year, my favorite has been The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments I'd have to call mind a trilogy that just blew me away, in fact I want to read it again already! The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown.Red Rising

Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown

Seriously, these are AMAZING reads!

message 7: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 749 comments Mod
So many good books! The Red Rising trilogy is very high on my list of books to read. I've heard such great things about it.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments Joanna wrote: "So many good books! The Red Rising trilogy is very high on my list of books to read. I've heard such great things about it."

Do not pass go, do not read any other books, seriously, GO READ THEM NOW! And if you like audio books I HIGHLY recommend these on audio, the narrator is fantastic!

message 9: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I just realized I haven't read any epic books this year. Although I am really enjoying The Magicians. I just finished listening to CRANK on CD & it was scary how realistic the drug addiction descriptions were! I don't know from experience, but felt like I knew a lot more at the end. Drugs were seductive & so hard to resist.