Classical Obsessions discussion

Favorite period drama couple

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Do you have a favorite romantic couple from period drama and/or classic literature? I bet we all have at least one . . . but more than one is okay, too ;-)

My top favorite is definitely Colonel Brandon and Marianne Dashwood (especially as portrayed in the 2008 movie). I'm also a HUGE fan of Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth's romance from "Persuasion."

message 2: by Elline Pelline (new)

Elline Pelline | 46 comments Mod
Lady Sybil and Tom Branson, no doubt!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Miss ℰlaine ℭarringtion wrote: "Lady Sybil and Tom Branson, no doubt!"

They are such a lovely pair :-) So sad what happens later on, though . . .

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 28, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

So mean of you! (Just kidding ;-D)
Hmmm.. Let me think...
From classic literature I'd have to say Owen Ford and Leslie Moore. Or Kilmeny Gordon and Eric Marshall. Or Emma and Mr Knightley. Or Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester. I don't know!
From period dramas maybe Anne and Gilbert. Or Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.

message 5: by Elsabet (new)

Elsabet Does LotR count as a classic? I always count it as one. I love Eowyn and Faramir.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Felicity wrote: "So mean of you! (Just kidding ;-D)
Hmmm.. Let me think...
From classic literature I'd have to say Owen Ford and Leslie Moore. Or Kilmeny Gordon and Eric Marshall. Or Emma and Mr Knightley. Or Jane ..."

Haha, it's okay, I can't pick *just* one either :-) Emma and Mr. Knightley are awesomeness, though.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Elsabet wrote: "Does LotR count as a classic? I always count it as one. I love Eowyn and Faramir."

I think LotR is definitely a classic! I mean, I guess there are all different ways to define the genre; but I'd definitely count J.R.R. Tolkein's works as classic literature. C.S. Lewis', too.

message 8: by Έλλη (new)

Έλλη (ellietolia) | 10 comments I love very classic couples: Darcy-Elizabeth, Aragorn-Arwen etc I love Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth too! And from Marian and Elinor I would choose the Elinor-Edward romance!

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Έλλη wrote: "I love very classic couples: Darcy-Elizabeth, Aragorn-Arwen etc I love Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth too! And from Marian and Elinor I would choose the Elinor-Edward romance!"

Elinor and Edward are lovely too :-) I'm just a HUGE fan of Colonel Brandon and that's why I like the Brandon/Marianne part of the story so much . . .