The YA Book Club discussion

Realistic Fiction > Fangirl

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments What are your thoughts on this book? Did you like it?

message 2: by Habiba (new)

Habiba | 327 comments I don't like that book at all, I just think that it's an empty book nothing happens literally nothing.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) I was planning on reading it, but was it just the lack of plot that made it so bad or something else? I loved Carry On and I wanted to read Fangirl, the book it was stemmed off of.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samisverylame) I read so many positive reviews about this book and so many of my friends had recommended it to me but when I actually got round to reading it it was highly dissapointed. I wasn't much fan of the limited plotline or the simple characterisation. However, maybe that's just me? I like mt characters quirky and deep and passionate and unpredictable.

For many of my friends, however this books is still their favourite. its just seemed a little too fanfiction-esque to me but I am very interested to hear other people's opinions on the matter?

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samisverylame) There is so many typos in that last comment, its terrible. I really do apologise

message 6: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 46 comments I really enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I'm a huge fangirl, I don't know. But I really liked it.

message 7: by Delores (new)

Delores (deloresstariana) | 5 comments I disliked the book a whole lot.

message 8: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 46 comments Rachel wrote: "I really like the plot and characters, despite the simplicity of the book as a whole. The only thing I didn't like was the snippets from the Carry On book, they just annoyed me :')"

Yes, I agree. That snippets were a little bit annoying. And when the story was more interestig, that parts of Carry On were everywhere. It stressed me a little bit at some point º^º

message 9: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn | 6 comments I loved that book!

message 10: by Nola (new)

Nola Byrum | 35 comments We should read this book!