YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Starstruck By Brenda Hiatt - Starting July 11th 2016

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Nerdy astronomy geek Marsha, M to her few friends, has never been anybody special. Orphaned as an infant and reluctantly raised by an overly-strict “aunt,” she’s not even sure who she is. M’s dream of someday escaping tiny Jewel, Indiana and making her mark in the world seems impossibly distant until hot new quarterback Rigel inexplicably befriends her. As Rigel turns his back on fawning cheerleaders to spend time with M, strange things start to happen: her acne clears up, her eyesight improves to the point she can ditch her thick glasses, and when they touch, sparks fly—literally! When M digs for a reason, she discovers deep secrets that will change her formerly humdrum life forever . . . and expose her to perils she never dreamed of. Yes, the middle of nowhere just got a lot more interesting!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments We still doing this?

message 3: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Sure! It just may take me a while to get through it,I'm in a bit of a slump.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments That's fine. We've all been there.

message 5: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I've just started it and I may actually finish it quite quickly!It may be just what I need. I can already tell it's going to be cheesy, cliché, nothing mind blowing, but the writing style is light and easy enough that I'm getting through it pretty well!

message 6: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Apologies for the lack of updates but I just decided to sit and try to read it in one sitting-which I've accomplished! It was much as I suspected, predictable, cardboard cutout characters (naive, stupid main character and 'perfect' love interest, who isn't all that perfect), quite cheesy and cliche, but credit where it's due, the writing style was so engrossing and I didn't want to put it down! A solid 3 star read for me, a fun, light read that really brightened my mood.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm glad you liked it overall. I have started it and I will update soon.

message 8: by Ashley W (new)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5007 comments I am only at 10% and I don't know if I can go on. It's every single trope. (view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments Ashley wrote: "I am only at 10% and I don't know if I can go on. It's every single trope. [spoilers removed]"

I noticed that too.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm up to Chapter 5.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm up to Chapter 14.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm finished.

(view spoiler)