Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about End of Watch
Archive - Group Reads > End of Watch - July & August 2016

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new) - added it

Chava | 2788 comments This is the discussion for July and August for End of watch by Stephen King. Your moderator is Walter

Mary | 10 comments I ripped through this trilogy, I can't wait to read what others thought of it.

message 4: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Dietrich (katd59) Absolutely loved the trilogy. Mind you, I am a big Stephen King fan. But this was different than his usual mix -- he has been stepping out of his comfort zone. I think he did a great job. As always, his characters are real. I love how the relationship between Holly and Bill develops.

message 5: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments I stopped reading Stephen King books a long time ago.

Olivia "So many books--so little time."" | 679 comments Marion wrote: "I stopped reading Stephen King books a long time ago."

You're missing a lot. This trilogy is excellent.

message 7: by Chava (new) - added it

Chava | 2788 comments Olivia wrote: "Marion wrote: "I stopped reading Stephen King books a long time ago."

You're missing a lot. This trilogy is excellent."

I'm currently reading the 2nd book in the trilogy. I'm not enjoying it as much as the first. I hope that the 3rd is better than the 2nd

message 8: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments Chava wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Marion wrote: "I stopped reading Stephen King books a long time ago."

You're missing a lot. This trilogy is excellent."

I'm currently reading the 2nd book in the trilogy. I'm not e..."

Still.....

Tammy (prouxt) | 10 comments I truly enjoyed this trilogy!

Summer (paradisecity) | 37 comments I really enjoyed the first two books in the trilogy, but found EOW thematically out of step with the other books. For folks who aren't typical SK fans, I'd recommend the first two and skip the last one.

Msjodi777 | 11 comments So, now I'm down to this book in this month's BOM.... and I have a problem.... First of all, I had to put End of Watch on hold at my library.... I'm second in line for it, so I'm hoping that I can get it before the month is over. And then, I am one of those who likes to collect all the books in a trilogy before starting the first one, which means that I haven't read the first two books in this trilogy yet. I do have them, so I am going to start at the beginning and read thru the first two fully expecting EOW to be available when I get to it. (This will also break one of my "rules" for reading series - I try not to read them back to back... ah well.... ) My last problem with this book, is that I do not like horror books, so I have pretty much stayed away from Stephen King's books. However, I did read Rose Madder and 11/22/63 and liked them both; and people have told me that this series is not so much horror as thriller, so I guess I'm gonna give it a try.

So first thing in the morning, I will start listening to Mr. Mercedes and go on from there. <><

Msjodi777 | 11 comments Have finished up Mr. Mercedes, and all I can say is "WoW!" .... Mr. King may change my opinion of him before I finish this trilogy.... On to Finders Keepers... what in the world am I going to do if those other two people reading End of Watch don't hurry up and finish the book? go into withdrawal?.... <><

Msjodi777 | 11 comments So, I finished Finders Keepers a few minutes ago. I mostly liked it, except for the fact that nearly every major character in the story said: "It's all my fault!" at least once in the book. Good grief!

I did like this one, but think I liked the first one better. And I do have to wonder about what this one was hinting at in that final chapter. Sounds like Mr. King is getting ready to go back into his "horror" genre.... don't think I will like that... ah well, guess I'll just have to wait till that other person finished up with the book so I can get my hold. <><

Msjodi777 | 11 comments My hold came thru yesterday, so I spent the day yesterday and today listening to the actual book for this month. While I liked this book, it was just a bit too unbelievable for me. But I did enjoy the writing, and Will Patton did an excellent job with the narration. Glad I read it. <><

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) | 1947 comments This was my least favourite of the three books.

Summer (paradisecity) | 37 comments Msjodi777 wrote: "...and Will Patton did an excellent job with the narration."

I don't think I've ever heard Will Patton as a narrator. I'll have to keep a eye out for him!

Msjodi777 | 11 comments @Summer - Will Patton reads several of James Lee Burke's books as well as several of King's other books; he also reads Maggie Stiefvater Raven Cycle books... He's pretty good... <><