What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > SciFi Book, Family finds new Planet, Girl Adopted by Alien

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HerrIdefix (new)

HerrIdefix | 5 comments I'm looking for a book series, I think it is a pretty recent.

A Family, together with a Alien, finds a new Planet, the Parents die on this Planet, so the Alien Adopted the Girl. With the finding of this Planet they get very rich, but get Problems with the earth Goverment. and with human prejudices around them.

thank you

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Author male or female? Author of what nationality? Remember the cover(s)?

message 3: by HerrIdefix (new)

HerrIdefix | 5 comments I'm not sure, although I suspect that the author was male but only because it's SciFi. I read it in English.
I know that there were 3 parts, at the time. I could go on describing the story. (but i dont think this will help)

... after the death of the parents, the girl and the alien go to the native planet of the alien, to the primitive native village (homevillage of the alien) to make the adoption legal. They have some luck with a bad banker, so the Bank gets no money from the New Planet.

Later they go to the Earth Moon, there they break the News form the new planet and the universe goes crazy because it's an so important found.

Earth government and the situation on earth are described as very bad all the time. for example the Girl goes to Prison for self defence and gets lots of Problems from a xenophobia government official. This escalates to nearly a war with the aliens.

(sorry english is not my mother tongue)

message 4: by HerrIdefix (new)

HerrIdefix | 5 comments bump
... ty

message 5: by HerrIdefix (new)

HerrIdefix | 5 comments bump

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36036 comments Mod
Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

Is this book for young adult/teens or older adults?

What's the tone or mood -- action/adventure, thriller, romance, etc.?

message 7: by HerrIdefix (new)

HerrIdefix | 5 comments it is for adults and a action/adventure book.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Herrldefix, are you still looking for this or did you find it?