What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA, possible dystopia, teen girl taken from home because she has a power

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Vecchitto | 3 comments I read a sample of this book on my kindle in 2013 or 2014 and deleted it before I added it and now I have no idea what it was called. I know that there were authority figures that came into the house (it gave a shack/ tree house vibe) and had the mother and main character at gunpoint on the ground. The mother was shot in the head and the main character was taken because she was suspected of having some kind of power. I want to say the cover was blue or purple but I am not sure about that. Also, the main character's name may have begun with an "s" like Shay or Shelby but again I am not sure. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds!

message 2: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Sorry I don't know it but it sounds interesting if you find it let me know I'd love to read it. I'll search as well to see if I find it. Good luck!

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 9 comments Would it be the girl in the box series? The author is Robert J. Crane. I know that the first 3 books are being offered for free - Alone, Untouched, and Soulless. It follows Sienna Nealon and there is a guy called Wolfe trying to kidnap her in the first book. She does have powers, she was a succubus if memory serves me correctly. Does that help?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36026 comments Mod
The Girl in the Box series by Robert J. Crane for Ashley's suggestion - www.goodreads.com/series/86739-the-gi...

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments girl who could fly?

message 6: by Kris (new)

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester (I think, there's more than one book with this title) - for Melissa's suggestion.

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Vecchitto | 3 comments Thank you guys for your suggestions but I don't think those are it.

message 8: by Jill (new)

Jill | 38 comments Crewel has a part in the book similar to that but nothing else from your description fits.

message 9: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments I haven't read it so I'm not sure about the details, but it sounds kind of like Control: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Vecchitto | 3 comments It isn't either of those but thank you guys. I read the beginning of Article 5 trying to find the book and it is very similar to that, although one of the officers is not a love interest and the mother is killed instead of just arrested. I hope this helps and I know the information is very broad because of how little I was able to read so I really appreciate all of these suggestions.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments Thanks Kris, that is the book I meant. My phone app isn't very helpful.

message 12: by Kris (last edited Jun 30, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Melissa wrote: "Thanks Kris, that is the book I meant. My phone app isn't very helpful."

I know what you mean. A lot of Goodreads features are only available on the full desktop website (e.g., adding book/author links, editing a topic header, etc.).

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40130 comments Mod
Hannah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20959 comments Still out there, Hannah?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40130 comments Mod
If Hannah doesn't respond, this will get moved to Abandoned on or about April 20, 2021.