Perustopia Book Club discussion

What book PUT you into a reading slump??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tess (new)

Tess (scamper623) | 6 comments I'm just really curious to see what people say! ;)

Nilun (BooktasticNerd)  (booktasticnerd) | 191 comments Definitely ACOMAF.

message 3: by Shizuka (new)

Shizuka (space_melody) | 23 comments To me when I finished the Harry Potter series , because it was such an amazing experience that when I was done with the last book, I just couldnt get into any other book lmao, you know what I mean? it's like if nothing can compare to HP :) and I have been in that reading slump ever since v.v

message 4: by Vertika (new)

Vertika Singh | 34 comments Most recently and Most direly? Surely ACOMAF. I mean I literally could not, would not another book afyer I finished it and this went on for almost a month. The only other book that came close to putting me in a slump like that was HP series.

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) For me, the book that put me into a reading slump was Lady Midnight. I started the book sometime back in late April and haven't gotten past page 150 when I couldn't do it anymore. I don't know if it's me or if it's the book. Maybe it's the book because the beginning is just so boring and I couldn't handle the slowness and boringness of the book that I just put it down and didn't feel like reading the book anymore, much less read in general. It's been about a month now and I decided it's finally time to read again starting with The Wrath and the Dawn. I still need to get back into Lady Midnight something though.

message 6: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments Reading a book, whether its slow or not, has never put me in a slump.
However I did get in a slump when I had HP 7, The Winner's Kiss, and Lady Midnight on my TBR :P
I was dreading the end of two of my favourite series and the wait for the next TDA book, lol :P
I have read them all now, but the reading slump hasn't gone away completely :(

message 7: by Naoé (new)

Naoé | 265 comments Winter because I didn't wanted to leave the Lunar Chronicles world I didn't any new book in 2 weeks after finishing it
And ACOMAF I was so invested in this story that finishing it was so hard

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace | 19 comments To be honest I think fangirl kinda put me in a reading slump

message 9: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments the maze runner: scorch trials

message 10: by Violet (new)

Violet Parr (aestheticdream) | 37 comments The delirium series.

message 11: by Euls (new)

Euls (norahreads) | 20 comments A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. Two months later, still not over it.

message 12: by deborah (new)

deborah mitchell (littlewhitebookshelf) | 281 comments The Delirium trilogy.

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (goldguardie) | 3 comments Hahahaha ACOMAF. I had like...the worst book hangover I've ever had after reading it.

message 14: by Sitti (new)

Sitti Malika | 2 comments The delirium trilogy and the clash of kings

message 15: by ✦ agnes ✦ (new)

✦ agnes ✦ (yngii) | 16 comments A COURT OF MIST AND FURY!!!! I'm still in it!! RHYSAND!!!!

message 16: by Thea (new)

Thea Nielsen | 4 comments A court of mist and fury

message 17: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments ACOMAF

message 18: by Iris (new)

Iris Bratton (b-ratton) Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It's such a whirlwind of action, political drama and emotion. Nothing else lived up to it afterward.
It took a fun, lighthearted classic to pull me out of it!

message 19: by Dasha (new)

Dasha (dashunka) City of Heavenly Fire had put me into a reading slump. I think it lasted a month maybe... But eventually I finished it.

message 20: by giovanna (new)

giovanna | 19 comments The Maze Runner series, I enjoyed it but I was just tired.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Also The Maze Runner series. I made it a few chapters into The Death Cure and stopped and didn't read anything else for quite a while. I think it was almost a year.

message 22: by Blair (last edited Jul 10, 2016 07:06AM) (new)

Blair | 6 comments Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor
I had a very bad timing for picking this book up this year. It totally did not fit to my mood at that time, also I had very little time to read, so I put it away for a bit ... 3 month now ... but I still intend to finish it.

message 23: by Bookfandom1001 (new)

Bookfandom1001 | 29 comments  the maze runner: scorch trials

message 24: by Anni (new)

Anni (coolpolarbear123) | 20 comments The Assassin's Blade
It took me about a month to read

message 25: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Leek | 21 comments Liquidator by Andy Mulligan. It was a fast read but it was so good it put me into a reading slump.

message 26: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin heir of fire by Sarah J. Mass

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby Mendoza | 39 comments Crown of Midnight because I googled something and ruined the book for me. It took me a whole two week to finish the book.

message 28: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Snow like ashes. Book hangover/slump cause I wanted to read the second book but it was delivered to the wrong address 16 hours away from me. :(

message 29: by Katya (new)

Katya Smith (katyamonet) | 29 comments Abby wrote: "Crown of Midnight because I googled something and ruined the book for me. It took me a whole two week to finish the book."

Oh no >.< I'm reading Crown of Midnight right now :0 I definitely would not want to see a spoiler before part of it's beauty is the suspense.

message 30: by Katya (new)

Katya Smith (katyamonet) | 29 comments The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. While it is such a beautiful book and I really loved it, it is also quite complex and a slow read. Spent about four months reading it on and off and put off a lot of other books in the process. I borrowed it from my library and the librarian was not pleased when I turned it in months late.

message 31: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (simplysavvy) | 12 comments Clockwork Princess!
I talked out it on my June Wrap Up! Check it out☺️

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (thenorthernwrites) Lady midnight. I was so looking forward to reading it that I think I built it up a little too much, it took a long time to get going and although great just left me a little disappointed. I moved onto some click lit for a while after that before I could get back into my reading list

message 34: by Juliette (new)

Juliette | 94 comments Breaking Dawn, the last book of the Twilight series, legit killed me. I must've cried until about four days after finishing it because it was such a big part of my life like there never was a day where I didn't think about or compare something to Twilight. The last chapter genuinely made me pour my eyes out because it was just so perfect.

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Naoé wrote: "Winter because I didn't wanted to leave the Lunar Chronicles world I didn't any new book in 2 weeks after finishing it
And ACOMAF I was so invested in this story that finishing it was so hard"

Same here, for Winter. I just finished it this week and I can't seem to get any momentum in any other books. I'm trying to read the Stars Above for the short stories, but even though they're in the same world, it's just not happening.

message 36: by Carly (new)

Carly H. (kindaya) | 8 comments I've never in my 31 years of life had a book hangover like ACOMAF gave me...omg!! So freaking good

message 37: by Marija (new)

Marija (marijalipanovi) | 9 comments Harry Potter at the age of 8, but even before the HP series, I always loved books and picture-books but with Harry, it became a passion! :)

message 38: by Becky (new)

Becky Irwin | 65 comments Heir of Fire because I was spoiled, I still haven't picked it back up. I will finish at one point because Empire of Storms just came out!

message 39: by Harshi (new)

Harshi Shah | 47 comments Death cure because it was soo bad. I was all ready like Imma stop reading if stuff like this continues to be published. And I did for a few months but then. Books, I love.

message 40: by Haylee (new)

Haylee Moore (haylee9101) | 19 comments ACOMAF. I'm finally getting back on track

message 41: by Evelina (last edited Sep 16, 2016 07:42AM) (new)

Evelina Bylund (evelinabylund) | 94 comments Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, they were so boring and I read both for school.

katelyn &#x1f497;☁️&#x1f353; (k_rosetta) | 79 comments The Rose and the dagger. It was so boring it made me not want to read

message 43: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 14 comments Empire of Storms. im never reading again

message 44: by Anabell (new)

Anabell (readingislikebreathing) | 98 comments The Nightcircus, way too boring and exhausting to read.

message 45: by Dana (new)

Dana (deinahh) | 15 comments The host, gooosshh

message 46: by Lana (new)

Lana Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. It's so long and nothing exciting is happening through the whole book, Matthew and Diana are just going back and forth and talking about the same things. I've been reading this book since it came out. I stopped reading at the half and just haven't picked it up until recently and it put me into a THREE YEAR reading slump but thankfully I started reading again a few months ago.

message 47: by Layan (new)

Layan (layan_hantoush) | 16 comments Six of crows

message 48: by Shamma_reads (new)

Shamma_reads (shammas) | 30 comments ACOMAF !! Anything by Sarah j Maas really :')

message 49: by Humayra (new)

Humayra | 2 comments The Book Thief, the hype was crazy but only got through 50 odd pages...might pick it up again soon

message 50: by Curtis (new)

Curtis Davenport | 62 comments Lady Midnight & ACOMAF

« previous 1