Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > July 2016 SGoM: ♥ Virgin Hero Romance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

♥ Virgin Hero Romance: There aren’t a lot of this rare breed around, but they do exist. They are either saving themselves for marriage, or they just haven’t had the opportunity to sow their wild oats. (Examples on GRs’ listopia Virgin Heroes. Also, Under the Covers Book Blog has a Top Ten List.)

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (last edited Jul 11, 2016 03:31AM) (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I think I'll go with Breaking the Silence by Katie Allen for this one.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Maybe it's time to take a break from the series I'm currently reading and get myself started on the Immortals After Dark series. Then I'll get to

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole - 05/07/2016

message 5: by Halima (new)

Halima | 36 comments I'm in. :)

message 6: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments I'll try to read at least two of these books: The Lost Slipper (Fairytale Shifter, #3) by Alexa Riley Sutton's Way (Long, Tall Texans, #4) by Diana Palmer Last Hope (Hitman, #4) by Jessica Clare Wild Oats (Wild Oats, #1) by Pamela Morsi

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I went to the GoodReads list and scanned them all and saw that Diana Palmer was on there a couple of times so I got to searching my books and found about 20 that might fit the challenge :-) I also found Lawless by Nora Roberts. Is there a limit on how many you can read?

message 8: by Anastasiaadamov (last edited Jun 28, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Anastasiaadamov | 3 comments I might do a second reading on Eloisa James's Desperate Duchesses book 4 When the Duke returns since it fits this challenge :)

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• wrote: "Maybe it's time to take a break from the series I'm currently reading and get myself started on the Immortals After Dark series. Then I'll get to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole"

One of my favorite books in that series, Christine. I just re-read it for Bookshelf Bingo. It was about the fifth or sixth time I've read it. I might do it again this month, it is that good. LOL!

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Vicki wrote: "Is there a limit on how many you can read?"

Nope! Read away!

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Vicki wrote: "I went to the GoodReads list and scanned them all and saw that Diana Palmer was on there a couple of times so I got to searching my books and found about 20 that might fit the challenge :-) I also ..."

No limit! As many as you can manage :)

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments My recommendations:
1.Any male Psy book from Psy Changeling series Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh
2. Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2) by Bec McMaster
3. Transcendence by Shay Savage

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Be careful with some of the books on that list. I saw a few I have read and the heroes definitely don't have their V cards ;)

message 14: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Yeah, I noticed that.

message 15: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments I'd verify with someone else, first.

message 16: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I'm leaning toward one or more of these:
When the Duke Returns (Desperate Duchesses, #4) by Eloisa James Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3) by Penny Reid Demon Angel (The Guardians, #1) by Meljean Brook Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4) by Evangeline Anderson Private Arrangements  by Sherry Thomas Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1) by Ruth Ann Nordin

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I finished Lawless by Nora Roberts the Virgin Hero was Sarah Conway who left her Convent School at 18 to go out West to be with her Father. She stayed the virgin hero through most of the book. I gave it 5 stars. Nora Roberts is an awesome author. Lawless (Loving Jack, #0) by Nora Roberts

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Vicki wrote: "I finished Lawless by Nora Roberts the Virgin Hero was Sarah Conway who left her Convent School at 18 to go out West to be with her Father. She stayed the virgin hero through most of the book. I ga..."

you mean the heroine was the virgin?

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) ShoSho wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I finished Lawless by Nora Roberts the Virgin Hero was Sarah Conway who left her Convent School at 18 to go out West to be with her Father. She stayed the virgin hero through most of ..."

Yes, sorry I didn't explain better. She was almost 18 years old fresh out of Catholic Convent School. She fantasized about Jake Redman after he saved them. Jake had a lot of issues because of his Indian blood and all the prejudices of that time frame. Sarah was so innocent about everything and Jake was so jaded. Sorry I ramble when I get going about books

message 20: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Vicki wrote: "Yes, sorry I didn't explain better. She was almost 18 years old fresh out of Catholic Convent School. She fantasized about Jake Redman after he saved them. Jake had a lot of issues because of his Indian blood and all the prejudices of that time frame. Sarah was so innocent about everything and Jake was so jaded. Sorry I ramble when I get going about books"

I think ShoSho's point might be that the heroine being the Virgin doesn't fit into the sub genre. Virgin Hero makes it pretty clear to me that the guy has to be the virgin, not the girl.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Lisa Kay wrote: ".One of my favorite books in that series, Christine. I just re-read it for Bookshelf Bingo. It was about the fifth or sixth time I've read it. I might do it again this month, it is that good. LOL! ..."

Sound like it is a good one. I'll definitely have to get to it.

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Vicki wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I finished Lawless by Nora Roberts the Virgin Hero was Sarah Conway who left her Convent School at 18 to go out West to be with her Father. She stayed the virgin hero t..."

Yes Vicky. To fit in to this sub genre the guy has to be the virgin.
But I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book.

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) Ooopps. Gotta look for another one??? Sorry got carired away.

message 24: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (xangelfreak) | 9 comments .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• wrote: "Maybe it's time to take a break from the series I'm currently reading and get myself started on the Immortals After Dark series. Then I'll get to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole"

I'm nearly at the end of immortals after dark, it's amazing!

message 25: by Halima (new)

Halima | 36 comments I've completed The Dangerous Viscount (The Burgundy Club, #2) by Miranda Neville
The hero is a man scarred by past incidents. He detests women in general until he accidentally comes across legs clad in pink stockings. Amazing read. It was my first "Virgin Hero" book since I usually prefer alpha male but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. :)

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Halima wrote: "I've completed The Dangerous Viscount (The Burgundy Club, #2) by Miranda Neville
The hero is a man scarred by past incidents. He detests women in general until he accidentally comes across legs clad in pink stockings. Am..."

Sounds fun!

message 27: by Mee (last edited Jul 19, 2016 09:36PM) (new)

Mee | 77 comments I'm in ! I'm stuck in a mail-order-bride phase & this is right up that alley.

to read ~ The Unexpected Bride (The Brides #1) by Lena Goldfinch

read ~ His Dangerous Bride (The Brides of Paradise Ranch - Spicy Version, #2) by Merry Farmer 7/1, Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2) by Pamela Morsi 7/6, Lassoing the Virgin Mail Order Bride by Alexa Riley 7/10, The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) by Jodi Thomas 7/12

If you are looking for a book Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan is a touching story & has a "Virgin Hero".

message 28: by Vavita (new)

Vavita .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• wrote: "Maybe it's time to take a break from the series I'm currently reading and get myself started on the Immortals After Dark series. Then I'll get to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole"

IAD series is amazing!

message 29: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 27 comments I read Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

Review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I think the story goes more multi-dimensional in Voyager but for now it's a 'nether region workout' saga with astonishingly accurate historical research.

message 30: by Divya (new)

Divya Murugesan Nullathemby (divyamuru) | 43 comments I haven't gone book hunting yet but I know that I have to be in this challenge. Count me in!

message 31: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jul 04, 2016 09:15PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Kimberley wrote: "...I'm nearly at the end of immortals after dark, it's amazing!"

So glad you're enjoying it, Kimberley! True, Vavita!

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Halima wrote: "I've completed The Dangerous Viscount (The Burgundy Club, #2) by Miranda Neville"

It does sound good!

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, Mee! You've got some good ones picked out there.

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jul 04, 2016 09:17PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Noorilhuda wrote: "I read Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon"

Jamie, the quintessential male virgin hero. Are you watching the HBO series on TV, Noorilhuda?

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Divya wrote: "I haven't gone book hunting yet but I know that I have to be in this challenge. Count me in!"

Keep us posted as to what you read and think, Divya.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Finished Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole (05/07/2016). I really enjoyed it, so glad I got to this series.

message 37: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I finished Breaking the Silence by Katie Allen last night. It was clear that the hero was a virgin, but he never mentioned it to the heroine. It also didn't go into a lot of detail as to why he was a virgin in the first place. Still, it was a decent read, so I'm giving it 3 stars.

message 38: by Rosemarie (last edited Jul 10, 2016 07:23AM) (new)

Rosemarie I finished The Seduction Of Elliot McBride and realize that there was no virgin hero. Therefore, I will read Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

FINISHED

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) After making a big goof with the first book I went back to the list and found Transcendence Transcendence by Shay Savage
He is a prehistoric young man that has been alone for sometime because his tribe was all killed in a wild forest fire. He has been alone so long he has all but given up the will to live until he finds a strange young woman in his pit trap. It is the story of how they become friend and finally lovers. It was a very wonderful book. I will want to check out more by this author.

message 40: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Vicki wrote: "After making a big goof with the first book I went back to the list and found TranscendenceTranscendence by Shay Savage
He is a prehistoric young man that has been alone for sometime because ..."

Sounds good. I once read The Clan of the Cave Bear The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel really liked it. It is set in prehistoric times and is a classic. It is about Ayla. A natural disaster leaves the young girl wandering alone in an unfamiliar and dangerous land until she is found by a woman of the Clan, people very different from her own kind. To them, blond, blue-eyed Ayla looks peculiar and ugly--she is one of the Others, those who have moved into their ancient homeland; but Iza cannot leave the girl to die and takes her with them...... I recently discovered that it is a series so I will have to check these out of my library. Transcendence sounds good too.

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) Rosemarie wrote: "Vicki wrote: "After making a big goof with the first book I went back to the list and found TranscendenceTranscendence by Shay Savage
He is a prehistoric young man that has been alone for som..."

I thought that to. I read that one long time ago too

message 42: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm listening to The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata (view spoiler)

message 43: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm listening to The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata [spoilers removed]"

Wishful thinking, ShoSho! ;-) But, I am looking forward to reading or listening to that book as well. I've heard great things about it. I finished Lingus by Mariana Zapata earlier this month and the hero is the opposite of a virgin. But, it was still very good.

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I'm listening to The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata [spoilers removed]"

Wishful thinking, ShoSho! ;-)"

LOL ! It's good book even if it doesn't exactly match this month SGOM!

message 45: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Yes, I really liked the relationship and how it developed. And it was pretty funny, too.

message 46: by Gea (last edited Jul 12, 2016 11:31PM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments Finished Bare-Knuckle Love (Rabid Mongrels MC #1) by K.A. Merikan . Started it blindly but the hero ended up being a virgin, never even being kissed. It's a mm book but it still applies

Just started Sutton's Way (Long, Tall Texans) by Diana Palmer which has a virgin hero as well

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gea wrote: "Finished Bare-Knuckle Love (Rabid Mongrels MC #1) by K.A. Merikan. Started it blindly but the hero ended up being a virgin, never even being kissed. It's a mm book but it still applies

Just started [bookcover:Sutto..."

It sounds very interesting and intense!

message 48: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments It was a good read a shame it's only 100 pages as I would have enjoyed reading a full book

message 49: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments I reread Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh and Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh . Then I read Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh . All virgin heroes.

message 50: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Sandra J wrote: "I reread Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh and Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh. Then I read Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh. All virgin heroes."

LOL the virgin heroes and their manuals :D

« previous 1