Constant Collectible discussion

Questions for you > What books do you want reviewed?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye (new)

Faye Fite Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying your summer. As one of the book reviewers for Constant Collectible, I have a question for you:

Are there any books you'd like to see reviewed? Please let me know! I'm always on the lookout for my next novel to read and review. If it's at my library/easy to access and isn't something that looks like I'd absolutely hate, I'll give it a shot. =)

If you don't have any specific titles in mind, let me know what genres or formats you'd like to see reviewed more often: Comic books, manga, YA, sci-fi, mystery, etc.

I'd love suggestions! It's always fun to try reading new things and it would really help me out.

message 2: by Simon (new)

Simon (c_collectible) | 40 comments Mod
Have you read The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Own or the Temeraire series from Naomi Novak?

message 3: by Faye (new)

Faye Fite Simon wrote: "Have you read The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Own or the Temeraire series from Naomi Novak?"

No, I've never read The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, but I keep hearing that it's amazing. I just placed the first one on hold at the library. Can't wait to get reading!

I read the first book of the Temeraire series and reviewed it a while back. Really enjoyed it! Maybe I'll try and read the second one.

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace Crandall | 26 comments Ooh I can't believe I missed this thread! Muahaha I get to recommend books :D

A really odd and interesting science fiction/fantasy (fantastical science? scientific magic?) is Storm Thief by Chris Wooding.
A Matter of Profit by Hilari Bell is a pretty epic space-opera-style book (I loved all the cool aliens!) actually I'd recommend pretty much anything by Hilari Bell, except for The Raven Duet.
If you're looking for an awesome indie fantasy book, I kinda fell in love with Strife Of The Mighty: Book One Of The Chronicles Of Vrandalin by Julius Bailey :) it's a fun adventure with a style of prose I haven't really heard before--sort of archiac, but in a cool way :)
And I love, love, love the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whelan Turner. Fantasy with kind of a grecian renaissance-era setting and lots of complicated political machinery :) the first book is The Thief, but The King of Attolia was the most interesting in my opinion, and they don't absolutely need to be read in order :)

And a list of other sundry recommendations, in no particular order:
The Mark of the Horse Lord (the cover for this one makes it look a bit odd but it's a really awesome historical fiction story)
Dragon Castle
The Legend of the Firefish
Midnight Thief
Dragonfly
Fool's Assassin

Hmm. Should probably stop before this gets too long... but I hope you're able to find some cool ones! Happy reading :D

message 5: by Faye (new)

Faye Fite Grace wrote: "Ooh I can't believe I missed this thread! Muahaha I get to recommend books :D

A really odd and interesting science fiction/fantasy (fantastical science? scientific magic?) is [book:Storm Thief|35..."

Wow. I have read none of these and they all look awesome. *drools* I have much reading to do! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to get started.