Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Royalty Romance (contemp), 89k

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kit (last edited Jun 27, 2016 05:08PM) (new)

Kit (kitforbes) I'm having the absolute worst time with this book. I love the characters and their fictional principality. This is the first in a planned series. I've quite a few agent/editor requests but.....something is wrong although I'm not sure exactly what or how to work around it.

I'd mainly like someone to read for plot and let me know what's working, what's not, what might make you go "WTF?!?"

Here's the blurb:

The daughter of career Marines, Katrina Williamson was never one to entertain romantic daydreams until she went to college in London and fell hard for nerdy, grad student Christian (C.J.) Höhenburg, second son of Prince Gerhard, sovereign of a tiny European Principality.

Kat's walk on the royal side goes into high gear when C.J. proposes and presents her with the ring that belonged to his late mother, American actress Violet St. James.

Kat barely has a chance to process the whole future princess idea (and it's impact on her planned career) before she must navigate the obstacle course of press encounters gone bad, backstabbing future in-laws, and wild conspiracy theories regarding Princess Violet's tragic death that might not be quite so wild after all.

After stumbling across the truth of what really happened to Princess Violet, Kat risks losing her own happily ever after.

Thanks a bunch for taking time to read this post.

The opening chapter of the book is here:

http://kitforbes.com/works-in-progres...

message 2: by TM (new)

TM | 3 comments Hi Kit,

I read your blurb and the opening chapter of the book and really enjoyed what I've read so far. I would love to beta read for you if you're interested. We can speak more about deadlines and email via personal message.

Thanks!

message 3: by Bella (new)

Bella Ellwood-Clayton (drbella) | 31 comments Hi Kit,

I'd love to beta for you and swap, too. I have a YA contemporary romance, 75,000 words. My website is www.drbella.com.au and my email is bella@drbella.com.au
Thanks, Bella

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Fernandes (pamelaq) | 8 comments Hi Kit,
I'd love to do a swap. If that's okay.
I have an contemporary sports romance. Let me know if you'd like to swap.
Thanks,
Pam