The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Bingo > Lisa Vanessa Debra Shannon

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments BINGO 1 - Cover Items

(click image for larger version)

Bingo button to use when this card is completed is here

message 2: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments r

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I'm starting A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman tonight, so that will cover the square for one person

message 4: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments I just started And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White , which will cover the Flower square.

message 5: by Shannon (last edited Jun 28, 2016 08:41PM) (new)

Shannon Cody | 8 comments I am reading Everland by Wendy Spinale and City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare so either one can cover child/teenager which ever I finish first haha. Are we allowed to use one book for more than one category?

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Cody | 8 comments Or I can use City of Ashes for lake/ocean or even road!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I could use A Man Called Ove for domestic cat instead. I think it would be easier to find another book with one person than to find one with a cat :)

message 8: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jul 01, 2016 03:54PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments I have finished reading And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White for the Flower square. =D

I am now reading Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova . This could count for the "One Person" square, or the "Child/Teenager" sqaure. I am unsure if this could count for the "Red Dress" square or not, since half of her dress is red, and the other half white.

Lisa, I think that reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman for the "Domestic Cat" square would be best as well. =]

Shannon, the rules state only one book per square. I think that using City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare for the "Lake/Ocean" square or the "Road" square would be better since a lot of books have a person on the cover. But, whatever category we can fill first to make a BINGO, we can use. =]

Has anyone started a spreadsheet for the books we've read?

message 9: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments I made the spreadsheet. Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra (lebarron1) | 3 comments I am reading the blossom sisters book.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I finished A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman . Read 7/2/16. Rating 5 stars--obviously I loved this book! I would like to count it for the domestic cat square.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments Vanessa--If you count your book for child/teenager, I can cover the one person square with my next book: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot . I also have books I can count for red dress and black dress unless someone else has books they want to read first.

message 13: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments @Lisa - That would be great. I will read mine for the child/teenager square, and you can read yours for the one person square. =]

message 14: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments @Lisa - I added A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman to the spreadsheet. =]

I also finished Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova and I will add that for the Child/Teenager square. =]

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments thanks, Vanessa!

message 16: by Lisa (last edited Jul 05, 2016 09:41AM) (new)

Lisa | 22 comments Finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot . Read 7/5/16. Counts for one person square. Now reading Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs . Will count for black dress.

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Cody | 8 comments Vanessa wrote: "I have finished reading And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White for the Flower square. =D

I am now reading Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova. This could count for the "One Person" square, or the "Child/T..."

Okay thanks. We can use it for whichever one we will need more "lake/Ocean" or "road". What do you think?

message 18: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments @Lisa, I added The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot to the spreadsheet.

@Shannon, perhaps Lake/Ocean since we already have the Child/Teenager square covered. =]

message 19: by Lisa (last edited Jul 08, 2016 03:24PM) (new)

Lisa | 22 comments Completed Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs for the black dress square. Finished 7/8/16. Getting ready to read Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot . Will count for the red dress square.

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments I finished Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2) by Elise Kova for the two person square. I also read Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas , but I don't have a square to attach it to. =P

I updated the spreadsheet. =]

message 21: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jul 09, 2016 11:01PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments Oh, I guess I can add it! I can use it for the free space! =D

FYI - If someone reads a book with a lamp on the cover then we will have our first Bingo!

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I finished Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot for the red dress square. Trying to decide what to read next.

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments started reading The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner . Should work for the 3 or more people square

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I finished reading The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner for the 3 or more people square. Started reading Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand . It should count for the white dress square

message 25: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments Finished Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff for the "Bird" square. I also updated the spreadsheet.

message 26: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments Right now were are one square away from a bingo in one row, one column, and one diagonal. We need "Lamp", "Baby", or "Sofa" for a bingo. =]

message 27: by Lisa (last edited Jul 25, 2016 09:02AM) (new)

Lisa | 22 comments I finished Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand 7/25/16 for the white dress square. Do you think the light fixture in the upper left corner would count as lamp? Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #1) by Bailey Cates

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments Finished Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #1) by Bailey Cates 7/27/16, just let me know if you think it qualifies for lamp.
Started The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver , will count for tree.

message 29: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments Lisa - I hope you don't mind, but I moved Beautiful Day to the "Ocean" square since I have a "White Dress" book and it won't fit any other square. I also have a "Tree" square covered. =]

message 30: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 86 comments Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (Dead Things, #1) by Martina McAtee - White Dress

Dark Dreams and Dead Things (Dead Things, #2) by Martina McAtee - Tree

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 22 comments No problem