Litwit Lounge discussion

Booktalk in the News; By Members > Look what we have done!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reggia (last edited Jun 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Reggia | 2259 comments Yes, at least two of our members write and I hope they will post here soon.

Any other Litwit members who write: books, articles, blogs... please share them here!

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 2139 comments I'm a writer (of sorts), but none of my writing activities are "recent." (Unless you count works-in-progress, which can be expected to continue to be "in progress" for years!)

message 3: by Blaine (new)

Blaine DeSantis I am a retired attorney and at this time I am working on a biography of my father-in-law. He was born in 1926 in Romania and it took him 90 years to obtain his natural fathers surname. A fascinating trip into Communist Romania history, and all he endured and then officially getting that surname 10 days before he died. I can only hope that I will be up to the task - but at least I already am on Chapter 8!

message 4: by Nina (last edited Aug 26, 2016 04:54PM) (new)

Nina | 168 comments I have just finished my memoirs/177 pages of narrative and two other books all of these printed and spiral bound. The other two books are of family pictures and documents. These are for family and close friends. I am a freelance writer and have had many poems published many years ago and some short stories some in an International literary magazine. Last publications were in a local newspaper/magazine and were essays and were published two years ago.

message 5: by Werner (new)

Werner | 2139 comments Congratulations on achievements to be proud of, Nina! Well done!

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments Great to know, fellow writers! :)

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments I have two stories currently available from Amazon.

Spellbound: A Short Story, a magical story with some light romance

and

Aislinn's Raven: A Short Story, a prequel story about Sir Gareth of the Knights of the Round Table (I think the story still works even if the reader isn't very familiar with Arthurian legend.)

Thanks!

message 8: by Werner (new)

Werner | 2139 comments I've added those just now to my to-read shelf, Nicole!

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments Thank you!

message 10: by Nicole (last edited Jan 09, 2017 03:17PM) (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments I have put a small collection of poetry with photographs out there (via Kindle for now): Shadows and Armor, if anyone's interested. Thanks.
I will be running a freebie offer (on Amazon) on two of my three works Jan 6th-10th and 9th-13th.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments I now have a paperback version of Shadows and Armor available, and I have combined my 3 short stories into one edition which is in both e-book and paperback form-- Spells, Swords, and Storms.

message 12: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 750 comments Congratulations Nicole!

message 13: by Werner (new)

Werner | 2139 comments Congratulations and best wishes, Nicole!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments Thanks.

message 15: by Reggia (new)

Reggia | 2259 comments Congratulations, Nicole... one of our own! I clicked through to Amazon and enjoyed the preview, too.

message 16: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 138 comments congratulations Nicole, that is awesome!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1752 comments Reggia wrote: "Congratulations, Nicole... one of our own! I clicked through to Amazon and enjoyed the preview, too."

Thanks!