Clean Reads discussion

Is It Clean? > Horror/Suspense/Thriller with no profanity/sex

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited Jun 21, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Bill Murray | 4 comments Looking for authors who keep the profanity/sex to a minimum...similar to John Saul. Or an edited Stephen King type. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Reynolds | 1 comments I've written several books from a series that take place during the Vietnam war to a variety of novels, none of which use profanity or incorporate sex into a plot. I feel that if I have to resort to "shock value", my story can't be worth much in itself. I've just published a romantic mystery, "ORCHIDS and SAND", that has multiple relationship subplots, but there is no gratuitous in-your-face sex and it's all the better for it. Robert Reynolds http://www.lulu.com/shop/robert-reyno...

message 3: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 18 comments https://www.amazon.com/Not-Serial-Kil...

I read a couple of his books and they were pretty intense.

Also Saint Odd series may be interesting to you.

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill Murray | 4 comments Thanks Marlene....may look those up

message 5: by C. (last edited Jun 28, 2016 12:08PM) (new)

C. | 297 comments These are all by Christian authors, but I loved them because they were clean, but without all the religious proselytizing.
Some have spiritual warfare themes, but since I don't believe in spirits[good or bad] I found them great fun, lol!

Showdown (Paradise, #1) by Ted Dekker

The List by Robert Whitlow

The Oath by Frank E. Peretti

The Hunted A Novel by Mike Dellosso

Isolation by Travis Thrasher

Admission by Travis Thrasher

Halos by Kristen Heitzmann

House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings, #1) by Robert Liparulo

The Resurrection by Mike Duran

Nightmare (Dangerous Times, #2) by Robin Parrish

Chayatocha by Shane Johnson

Also want to read very soon~ Superstition by David Ambrose

and not by Christian authors but clean~ Crawlspace by Herbert Lieberman

The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill Murray | 4 comments Thank you C. I have tried a book by Peretti.... This Present Darkness....and did not like it at all. It was just too much spiritual warfare fiction for me..... And really religion geared. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and do believe in spiritual warfare but just not what I am looking for in my horror fiction. I may try the other one you mentioned though. Thanks again!

message 7: by C. (new)

C. | 297 comments Bill wrote: "Thank you C. I have tried a book by Peretti.... This Present Darkness....and did not like it at all. It was just too much spiritual warfare fiction for me..... And really religion geared. Don't get..."

That is why I didn't include either of Peretti's Darkness books, you are right about those! :]