YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)
This topic is about Ink and Bone
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine - Restarting February 15th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Jordan | 550 comments In an exhilarating new series, New York Times bestselling author Rachel Caine rewrites history, creating a dangerous world where the Great Library of Alexandria has survived the test of time.…

Ruthless and supremely powerful, the Great Library is now a presence in every major city, governing the flow of knowledge to the masses. Alchemy allows the Library to deliver the content of the greatest works of history instantly—but the personal ownership of books is expressly forbidden.

Jess Brightwell believes in the value of the Library, but the majority of his knowledge comes from illegal books obtained by his family, who are involved in the thriving black market. Jess has been sent to be his family’s spy, but his loyalties are tested in the final months of his training to enter the Library’s service.

When his friend inadvertently commits heresy by creating a device that could change the world, Jess discovers that those who control the Great Library believe that knowledge is more valuable than any human life—and soon both heretics and books will burn…

Abby, Tati, and I are reading this on the 4th, anyone is welcome to join! :)

Tati | 10171 comments I can't believe it's nearly July already!

message 3: by Jordan (last edited Jun 22, 2016 11:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jordan | 550 comments I know! It still feels like it's the beginning of June haha

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I am going to join you on this read. I started this book and read about a fourth of it last year, and then didn't finish it. I am going to start all over and read it straight through. =]

Jordan | 550 comments Great! I'm glad that you could join :D

Tati | 10171 comments Did anyone get this book for free?

Abby | 5454 comments I checked it out from the library.

Tati | 10171 comments Yay! LOL

Jordan | 550 comments I also have it checked out from the library!

message 10: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Perfect!

I'll just finish what I'm reading now, should be done with it before I get home from work, and then I'll start this!

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments I need to finish another book before I pick up another so it'll be a few days before I can join.

message 12: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I've started this.

20% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I started this one, and I am currently at 14%. Here are my thoughts so far.

(view spoiler)

I also have to say that the majority of the YA books that I read have a female protagonist, so it is a nice change to see things from a male's point of view.

message 14: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments up to 70% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments 79% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Tati (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tati | 10171 comments 85% (view spoiler)

message 17: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 3: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

Jordan | 550 comments Up to chapter 4:
(view spoiler)

message 20: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

message 21: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Jordan | 550 comments Chapters 5-9:
(view spoiler)

Jordan | 550 comments Chapters 10-12:
(view spoiler)

Jordan | 550 comments Finished:
(view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I have to admit the things felt a little bit slow at the beginning, but I am glad that I stuck it out because the second half of the book was great!

(view spoiler)

I am looking forward to reading the next book. I can't wait to find out what the library is up to!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting August 27th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 27: by Gelisvb (new)

Gelisvb I'm in!

message 28: by Sonu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sonu Shaji | 141 comments I'm hoping this is good with a male protagonist :D fingers crossed

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments I'm in!

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments I'm starting this today/tomorrow :)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Starting a bit late.

Chapter 3: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments so I didn't get to this book and my library overdrive took it back :( maybe soon!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting December 9th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Anyone reading this?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments @Melanie I'll read it with you. I just finished finals recently. That's why I haven't been able to read.

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Ok! I wasn't sure who originally picked it but I wanted to join.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Yeah I think that was me. But yeah I'm starting today!

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Finished chapter 1:

(view spoiler)

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Finished chapter 6:

(view spoiler)

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Finished chapter 8:

(view spoiler)

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Finished chapter 10:

(view spoiler)

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Finished book!

(view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Lol you finished that fast. I take it that you liked it? I'm going slow because of other reads.

Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Melanie wrote: "Finished chapter 1:

[spoilers removed]"

I'm very uncertain about everything as well. I definitely do not like Jess's dad. I'm not sure about how I feel about the Great Library or Jess's family's business either. I'm not even sure how I feel about Jess either. He seems very distant from everything except for his love of books.

MelanieJoy (ladybird11) | 136 comments Nicole wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Finished chapter 1:

[spoilers removed]"

I'm very uncertain about everything as well. I definitely do not like Jess's dad. I'm not sure about how I feel about the Great Library or ..."

Most of the book I was very uncertain about whether or not I liked a new character that was introduced, and it was hard for me to determine which was the "good" side and which was the "bad" side, because both have elements of good and bad. It definitely held my attention and it was worth a read. I'm sure if I'll continue in the series though.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting June 5th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments I'm up for joining this :)

« previous 1 3