What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. young adult, mystery, and contemporary about a girl trying to discover what happened to her father because it was a tragedy that destroyed her mother [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zandra (new)

Zandra This is my first time posting here so let me know if I did something wrong but I can't get this book out of my head.I believe I read the book when I was a sophomore. When I was 15 or 16.

The genre was young adult, mystery , and contemporary. It was kind of a romance but not really because it revolves around the mystery of her parents.
I can't remember if it was a boarding or a private school but the school. I think it was an age-old tradition where the boy and girl school hide something or had a secret competition. This is not the main story. I think it was a military school and the schools were separated by genders and had a rivalry. I think the school were close and were private. I remember the plot more than the school because it was at the beginning. I think this is in the summary.

The story is about the mystery behind why the main female characters dad is dead. The two parents had the baby when they were in high school but her dad died the day he found out about his girlfriend's pregnancy. The mom is emotionally unstable because of the loss. The sister and another friend who is ex-military. I believe she runs away from home and is found by her dad's sister or friend and another friend. The story is about a group of 5 friends who also went to the school I rember them having a secret hiding place. One of the friends after the tragedy goes crazy because he shot the girls dad on accident when he was up in the tree thinking about the fact he was going to become a dad.

The story is about the protagonist trying in a way to learn about her dead father and in a way connect with him because her mother never told her what happened to him. I can't remember why she runs away but I remember that she has a guy friend with her. The mother, the dad, the guy who shot her dad, sister, and military guy were in the friend group when they were teenagers and are now adults. The group was destroyed because of the dads death. The military guy and the sister who I think both work at the schools never got together because they were busy taking care of the mother and her brothers girlfriend.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 401 comments Sounds a bit like Jellicoe Road. I loved this book :)

message 3: by Zandra (new)

Zandra Thank you soo much.. That sounds like it.. I just started to rember it for some random reason.. Thank you soo much..