75 Books...More or Less! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016-2022 Chat > Fourth of July Readathon!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7635 comments Mod
Figured I'd get this set up while I remembered it. ;) Hope we can get some good buzz going! As of right now I don't have any plans for Fourth of July weekend so reading sounds good! This will be a Friday-Monday Readathon.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) the company I work for is moving that Saturday (2nd) and family will be over on the 3rd. maybe I'll have time on the 4th! LOL

message 3: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1784 comments I'm working on the 4th but I can see what I can get knocked out on Saturday and Sunday. I think I'll use that as an excuse to stay in and "introvert" ;)

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Best reason to stay in! "I'm sorry I can't go to your BBQ, I have a READATHON." ;)

message 5: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1445 comments Going out of town the 3rd/4th. Maybe I can get some reading done Friday and Saturday... but we're moving the following weekend, so it's gonna be kinda crazy.

message 6: by Karol (new)

Karol Count me in . . . I can't resist a read-a-thon. So far, husband and I only have plans for Friday.

message 7: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Reminder: Readathon starts on Friday! :) I'm hoping to get out of work a few hours early and dive into my books! Definitely will be reading off of my "Read What You Own Challenge" list!

message 8: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4111 comments Mod
Im in and joining Elyse with read what you own books!

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie | 391 comments I'm in! Planning on a very quiet long weekend at home. Already informed hubby of my reading plans!

message 10: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Yay! My goal is to read two books I already own and finishe one library book.

message 11: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

My goal is to read at least 5 of the Lemony Snicket books! They're all 200-ish pages.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (carol07) | 2725 comments I would like to say I am going to read 2 books, but we are going to the lake to visit family and they will keep us pretty busy. Thank goodness for audio books!

message 13: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1445 comments Day 1: Listened to 1.5 hours of Divergent (re-read) and read a lot of comics: three volumes of Rat Queens, one volume of Justice League, and Superman: Red Son.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori | 409 comments I have 3 books going right now and I will attempt to finish all of them by Monday night.

message 15: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I'm 2 books behind in my yearly challenge so I'm definitely hoping to get a few books AHEAD by the end of this weekend! Halfway through The Miserable Mill and I started an audiobook, The Rose Garden, because I've got some filing to do so I'll still be getting "reading" done! :) I probably won't be reading much of The Passenger, which I started yesterday because I'm focusing on my physical books this weekend.

message 16: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 1313 comments Read two books
Walking Wisdom by Gotham Chopra: Loved it!

Remembrance by Meg Cabot: Ghost mediator.

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie | 391 comments Finished reading The Martian last night. Going to work on finishing Dreaming Spies today.

message 18: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I finished The Miserable Mill and read The Austere Academy. Now I'm reading The Ersatz Elevator.

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 1313 comments Finished Death of a Nurse by M.C. Beaton

I love the characters in this mystery series. When I finished the book I wanted to know what happens next. Does the wild cat return? Who does Hamish decide to date? Will he get to stay in the village?

message 20: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1445 comments Day 2: Finished the last 1h45m of Divergent, and a handful of Marvel comics.

Day 3: A few more comics.

Tomorrow's another full day, so probably more of the same, if anything at all.

message 21: by Lori (new)

Lori | 409 comments I finished Yarned and Dangerous by Sadie Hartwell. I should be able to finish my audiobook while driving home from work in the morning. I am finally patientless so now I can read my kindle book.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori | 409 comments Just finished my second book, The Striker by Clive Cussler, audiobook. Now I will concentrate on my kindle book.

message 23: by Karol (new)

Karol I'm not doing so well on this marathon! I did read Steps to the Altar, by Earlene Fowler, though.

Might find some reading time yet today, but it's not looking too good.

message 24: by Lori (new)

Lori | 409 comments I managed to finish my third book a little while ago! In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni, I loved it!

message 25: by Karol (new)

Karol I accomplished two books for this read-a-thon. The first is mentioned above. The second was an old poetry textbook, simply titled "The Poetry Book". I own volume 6 of this collection that was published in 1926.

It has been a long time since I have read poetry; this book had some real gems and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Poets included Will Carleton, Emily Dickinson, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Eugene Field, Oliver Wendall Holmes, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Carl Sandburg, Sir Walter Scott, Alfred Tennyson, William Makepeace Thackery, Walt Whitman, William Wordsworth, and many others.

message 26: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I read 3 Lemony Snicket books and got part way through a 4th. Not bad but not as good as I wanted. I had some TV to catch up on. lol.

message 27: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1784 comments I utterly failed at this one- I had a migraine and wasn't up to anything that required light or sound :( Good job to everyone that participated, though!

message 28: by Carol (last edited Jul 05, 2016 10:04PM) (new)

Carol (carol07) | 2725 comments I did pretty good considering we were visiting with family. Read:

1. 1984 (audiobook)
2. Interview with the Vampire (audiobook)
3. (ALMOST FINISHED)Kitchens of the Great Midwest

message 29: by Annie (new)

Annie | 391 comments I didn't get to read as much as I had planned. Still managed to finish The Martian and make it over halfway through Dreaming Spies. All in all, a pretty good weekend!

Thanks for setting up the Readathon!

message 30: by Joy (last edited Jul 06, 2016 08:50AM) (new)

Joy | 1116 comments I read for a total of just over 5 hours and I was able to finish one book, and get a good start on another! Not bad for me for a weekend of reading! =)

message 31: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm glad some people got lots of reading done. This weekend was a total bust for me :(

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.