Challenge Corner discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs->Starting June 21

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Kylara and Kaylin will be reading this starting June 21st, 2016. Feel free to join them.

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Thanks. I'll start it tonight or tomorrow. I saw some stills from teh trailer for the movie and it was super weird and now I'm v. excited to read this book.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) I'm on Chapter 2 now. I actually really like the pictures in this! The narrative is very meh so far.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Just reached Chapter 5. (view spoiler) but aside from that... nothing has really happened.
And I've met so many random secondary characters I'm not sure who I'm supposed to pay attention to...

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Officially halfway through this (at Chapter Seven), and I'm not quite sure what to think. This is such a great and interesting idea. (view spoiler) However, I'm not a huge fan of the writing... it feels almost middle-grade to me. Which just wasn't what I was expecting.

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments When I started I didn't really like Jacob, but he kind of grew on me

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Kaylin wrote: "I'm on Chapter 2 now. I actually really like the pictures in this! The narrative is very meh so far."

I like the pictures too. In the index of my book it says they are all REAL pictures, though some were altered minimally. Isn't that cool?

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Kaylin wrote: "Just reached Chapter 5. [spoilers removed] but aside from that... nothing has really happened.
And I've met so many random secondary characters I'm not sure who I'm supposed to pay attention to..."

I know!! I REALLY don't like the beginning of the book. It's so slow and unhappy and all the people suck.

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments Kaylin wrote: "Officially halfway through this (at Chapter Seven), and I'm not quite sure what to think. This is such a great and interesting idea. [spoilers removed] However, I'm not a huge fan of the writing......"

Agree! great idea poor execution. I don't even know how old Jacob is. He's written so he could be anywhere from 12-16.

Something I find very interesting to think about: (view spoiler)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I don't like Emma very much. I mean she's kind of cool, but

(view spoiler)

Actually none of the characters are very well developed. I think it comes back to being just more mg.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Kylara wrote: "I don't like Emma very much. I mean she's kind of cool, but

[spoilers removed]

Actually none of the characters are very well developed. I think it comes back to being just more mg."

I thought the same thing! (view spoiler)

You bring up a really good point with the ages of the characters. (view spoiler)

I think in the prologue Jacob says he's 15, but I whole thing really read like he was about 12, to me.