Audiobooks discussion

Ask Audible > Amazon Visa - Audible not considered Amazon?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W. (new)

W.  Frazier | 31 comments I just noticed on my Chase Amazon Visa account that Audible is considered "other" and not an Amazon purchase so the reward is 1% not the 3% for Amazon.

Does this differ according to which site you go to when you purchase your audio books -- Amazon.com or Audible.com?

Small detail but just wondering.

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith | 404 comments When I buy a pair of Whispersync books I get two separate receipts, one from Amazon and one from Audible. Also, if I have a credit on Amazon it doesn't get applied to Audible purchases.

Audible Support (audible_com) | 260 comments Wendy wrote: "I just noticed on my Chase Amazon Visa account that Audible is considered "other" and not an Amazon purchase so the reward is 1% not the 3% for Amazon.

Does this differ according to which site yo..."

Hi Wendy,

It may be best to reach out directly to Amazon Customer Support, as it is their credit card, but we can at least put in our two cents.

Audible and Amazon items use separate billing systems. This might be why an Audible purchase is not counting an Amazon purchase.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 144 comments Wendy wrote: "I just noticed on my Chase Amazon Visa account that Audible is considered "other" and not an Amazon purchase so the reward is 1% not the 3% for Amazon.

Does this differ according to which site yo..."

nope - its just a sad thing - all those points lost so to speak

message 5: by Robin P (new)

Robin P | 1030 comments The worst part is you can't use Amazon gift cards for Audible!

message 6: by W. (new)

W.  Frazier | 31 comments Thanks all for your input. They look to be separate entities regarding purchases. Good to know. Thanks again.

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Robin wrote: "The worst part is you can't use Amazon gift cards for Audible!"

Agreed. Not happy.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to agree regarding not being able to use gift cards for Audible. I'd like that so much more. It'd be much easier for me to refrain from melting my credit card using Audible. If I could use Amazon gift cards I would be able to budget my spending a bit better.

message 9: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2212 comments I would love it if Amazon gift cards could be used at Audible! Audible's "gift card" is really inflexible.

message 10: by Audible Support (new)

Audible Support (audible_com) | 260 comments Julie wrote: "I'd like to agree regarding not being able to use gift cards for Audible. I'd like that so much more. It'd be much easier for me to refrain from melting my credit card using Audible. If I could use..."

Hi Julie, thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your suggestions on how we can make Audible better, and we went ahead and submitted this request to our team on your behalf. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to send them to greatideas@audible.com.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori (twizzle777) | 191 comments I "think" that when I have purchased Audible while I'm on the Amazon site that it uses my gift card balance. I've done that with some "add the Audible narration for..."