Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Villskudd
This topic is about Villskudd
Book Issues > Edit entry (+ photo)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Jun 21, 2016 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments First, please add this cover photo taken from a library online database: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Then, add this description for this edition only:

Forlaget skriver om denne boka:

Boka handler om Yngve. Yngve er homofil i Oslo på slutten av 60-tallet, og vi følger ham fra hans første forelskelse som 15-åring til han ender opp hos Øystein på Nesodden.

Also, this edition is a paperback.

Finally, ISBN-10: 82-495-0160-8

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19929 comments Done.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments Thank you! I'm now a librarian, so I'll be doing my own photo adds in the future.

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19929 comments Congratulations!

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments It doesn't say on your profile that you're a Goodreads librarian though?

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1763 comments Also just to note, it saying you're a #3 top librarian doesn't necessarily mean you're a librarian. You can be in there simply by adding enough books to the db. If you are a librarian, it would say Goodreads librarian above the "more photos" link under your profile pic.

Also, maybe the cache on profile pages is slow and you were just approved, if so, congrats.

message 7: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Jun 24, 2016 05:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments I'm not sure whether I'm a librarian or not, it is just that I recently applied, and when I was going to edit a book description yesterday, there was a frame that I hadn't seen before at the top saying something to the effect that "if you can read this you are a librarian and, etc etc."

Was I mistaken?

message 8: by Ray (new)

Ray | 47 comments If your librarian status is approved, you would have received a mail from Goodreads.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24728 comments Maybe, maybe not. I never did and I'm well over 100,000 edits.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments Well. I'm obviously NOT a librarian. Still, there was that odd message that I haven't seen since when editing recent entries.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments Right! here's a screen capture of the same edit screen that I mentioned above: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Important: if you're on this page you have been granted a special "librarian" or author status, and can edit book data. …

So, what does this mean, then? I'm obviously NOT a librarian, but still…

message 12: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Non-librarians can make edits to a book they added within 24 hours. This is the standard text on the edit page.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments OK, it's just me then. I was sure this text didn't usually appear when I edited books I had added within 24 hours. But I must be wrong.

Thanks!