What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short Horror Story: Dead baby found in water.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Sittler | 42 comments This was from the adult section of a local library and I remember it being EXTREMELY creepy. I read it less then 7 years ago, but the book looked to have been much older.

A woman/girl walks down to a lake/pond and finds the body of a decaying baby/toddler. She interacts with it and I THINK maybe takes it home? I can't remember. I remember she treats it like a living baby/toddler.

No clue who the other was or what other stories were in the collection.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Chris, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by [on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited Mar 09, 2020 11:56PM) (new)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1528 comments Still looking? I know that I've read a story somewhat similar to this, but the differences are notable enough that I don't think it was the same story (it was an infant's skeleton that the woman dug up in the woods rather than a partially decomposed one found in water). The story I read is in 999: Twenty-nine Original Tales of Horror and Suspense, if it's any help; I'll see if I can find any closer matches elsewhere.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments There's "The Baby," by Bentley Little, in The Collection. But it's young boys who find it.