VT Christian Reading Challenge discussion

Book Recommendations 2016 > A Book your Pastor recommends

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Why is Feminism so Hard to Resist? by Rev. Paul R. Harris was recently recommended to my by one of my pastors. It is a very "chewy" book, provoking deeper thought about my own belief system and how it relates to the culture of today, both secularly and within the church. I'll probably re-read it next year.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane | 69 comments I STILL need to get to that one. Maybe it will fit into another slot on the challenge. Adding it to the"to read" pile right now.

message 3: by K B (last edited Jun 21, 2016 09:45AM) (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Jane wrote: "I STILL need to get to that one. Maybe it will fit into another slot on the challenge. Adding it to the"to read" pile right now."

I added it under A book about a current issue.

message 4: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments I finished another recommendation from my pastor: The Lonely Way: Selected Essays and Letters, Volume 1, by Hermann Sasse, Matthew C. Harrison, Matthew Harrison (Editor), Lowell C. Green (Translator), Robert G. Bugbee (Translator), Gerald S. Krispin (Translator), Ronald R. Feuerhahn (Introduction) -- on to Volume 2 this week! This is by and large one of the top 10 books that I have ever read!!

message 5: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Conscience and Its Enemies: Confronting the Dogmas of Liberal Secularism, by Robert P. George -- Very enlightening and well researched. Easier reading than I anticipated and for that I'm grateful. Worth your time!

message 6: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments The Epistle to Diognetus -- Very good - true to the Scriptures and worth your time to read frequently