Middle East/North African Lit discussion

The Kindness of Enemies
This topic is about The Kindness of Enemies
2016 main board > Kindness of Enemies

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marieke, Former moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marieke | 1179 comments Mod
Huge apologies for setting this up so late (midway through the month!) This novel was a very popular selection in our Women's Lit Challenge and we are now making it a group read in the larger MENA Lit group, too. If anybody wants to read our thread about the author and her work, please visit here

I read Kindness of Enemies a couple of months ago and will say it's my favorite book of hers so far. I tried to write a review but it got eaten by the internet gremlins. I do have some notes, but i don't have my notebook handy at the moment. I'm really looking forward to a lively discussion about this book!

Lynda | 2 comments I meant to take notes while reading Kindness of Enemies, but got so caught up in the action that instead I just gobbled the book up, pretty much in one sitting. I thought the two story lines, many years apart, effectively illustrated the complexities of culture clashes and cultural adaptations. I agree with other reviewers that the historical portion of the novel was more cohesive and compelling than the present-day story of Natasha. I'm interested in hearing other opinions of this book,