June, 2016: Fantasy > Fool Moon - Butcher - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3099 comments Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher
Fool Moon - Butcher
Audio performance by James Marsters
3 stars

This second book in the Dresden Files series confirmed my opinion of the first one. Harry Dresden is a good guy. I like him. But, he has so many dangerous paranormal adventures that they become tediously predictable. This book did not have as much humorous byplay as the first book. There were a few too many descriptions of beautiful, partially or fully naked females for my tastes. I’m sure that would not trouble the author’s obvious target audience; young, adult males.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5153 comments Jgrace wrote: "Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher
Fool Moon - Butcher
Audio performance by James Marsters
3 stars

This second book in the Dresden Files series confirmed my opinion of the first one. Harry Dresden is a..."

LOL the series really doesn't get good until after book 4. But I think it's worth it.

message 3: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 1011 comments I am about to start Small Favor, Book 10. I am enjoying this series.
The deception of the women bodies is just Dresden being a Man. Author is a man too so I for me it was easy to overlook and understand.
I think if a woman wrote it we would have a better description of Dresden's fine body, don't you think? Of choice my vision of him is pretty hot. LOL