What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction - young girl goes to lakehouse with mom and older brother, there is a little girl who drowns... [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Surman | 4 comments I read this book within the last 3 years I would say, so I would guess this was published sometime after 2000 for sure.
General storyline: a girl and her brother are on the shore of the lake and a woman asks the girl to keep an eye on her toddler for her while she does something. The girl takes her eyes off the baby for a minute and when she looks back, the baby is gone. Search parties come in and close the lake for searching…
Meanwhile, the older brother is hanging out with a bunch of kids, smoking, etc. Mom is avoiding her husband…and the girl tries to help find the baby without the search and rescue team finding out she is helping.

message 2: by Electric (new)

Electric Bubbles (electricbubbles) | 56 comments Do you remember the cover or the gender of the author?
YA or adult fiction?

message 3: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Surman | 4 comments I don't. I thought it may be "Dreadful Sorry", but it isn't.

message 4: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Surman | 4 comments I want to say female author, and could have been either young adult or adult fiction

message 5: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Surman | 4 comments Found it! The Secrets of Lake Road by, Karen Katchur!!!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - The Secrets of Lake Road by Karen Katchur.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - The Secrets of Lake Road by Karen Katchur.

message 8: by Alex (new)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secrets of Lake Road (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Katchur (other topics)