What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wickeds Scandal (The Wickeds #1)
This topic is about Wickeds Scandal
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Heroine betrothed to another a duke bent on breaking her betrothal. [s]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 68 comments Hi read this historical in first half of 2013 where girl already engaged to an earl. But a duke becomes attracted to her and tried convincing her to break off. She keeps resisting. Also a scene where the duke and the girl attending an exhibition or some morning event where statues on display. he pulls her in a dark alcove or corner makes oral love to her and demands she break her betrothal but she still refuses.Duke invites her to a party where he arranges for his mother to discover them in a compromising position. Just before the set up scene the h walks in on the earl abusing a maid sexually.I think the girl was being abused from the back ans simultaneously being beaten with a whip or stick. and the earl tries to attack girl too so she is compromised and forced to marry earl for money i think. but duke comes to rescue and while he is comforting her his mother comes in the door as previously arranged by duke, as there are only 3 days or a week left for wedding and so late in the day the only wat to break the betrothal is to compromise the h. He marries girl next day.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Sounds like an intriguing plot, hope to find out what the title is.

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1393 comments So the Earl she's engaged to turns out to be the bad guy, and the duke who wouldn't leave her alone and planned to trap her is the good guy?

message 4: by Pinky (last edited Jun 21, 2016 10:59AM) (new)

Pinky | 68 comments exactly MJ. what i vaguely recall is initially the duke is only interested in seducing her but later on as he realizes she is not going to break the betrothal although she is strongly attracted to him he plans to compromise her because i distinctly recall either he is thinking to himself or telling his mother that there are only three days till h marriage and so close to the wedding the only way for him to have her is to delibertly compromise h. hence he gives this house party/party in his country home to which h with earl invited and he has asked mother to walk in on them while he is setting up h. it so happens before this happens the h inadvertently catches the earl forcing a maid and whipping her as h tries to intervene and says she is going to break betrothal the earl attacks h thinking he will rape and h will be forced to marry and earl wont have to let go of h fortune thats when h tries to run away and is rescued by the duke. as the duke tries to comfort h they are walked in by the mom as planned. the h is thus compromised. the earl leaves or thrown out of duke's home at this point. next morning as duke sends for vicar h still is stubbornly refusing to marry duke at which point the duke's mother says h undoubtedly compromised and unless h marries duke h will be shunned.

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2500 comments This is a duplicate post. You do not need to repost. Just bump your original post.

Original post:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jun 21, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
Thanks Juels. I've closed the older request/thread, but you can still find it here - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... (Duplicate posts clutter the boards of this large, active group.)

You can add a comment to bump the current thread every 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information.

message 7: by Dakota (new) - added it

Dakota (queendakota) | 37 comments This sounds familiar, but I can't remember any titles. Will look further into it.

message 8: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 68 comments Thanks for any help you can give

message 9: by Dakota (new) - added it

Dakota (queendakota) | 37 comments I was wondering if you remembered who the publisher was, was it a mass market paperback, and about how many pages it had, and around when it had been published?

message 10: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 68 comments Dont remember the publisher as I read the ebook. I recall I was looking at new authors at Amazon in 2013 Jan or Feb and this was a recent publication so probably late 2012 to early 2013 say March of that year.

message 11: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 68 comments Oh my God found the book it is 'wicked' s scandal by kathleen Ayers' another person on another site suggested it so I read it and it is the book sorry guys I had read "An invitation to seduction" right before so probably mixed up the marquis with a duke and Mr with an earl,respectively. A three year search at an end thanks to all of you. Thanks a million.

message 12: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 68 comments can someone move it to Solved pls.

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Pinky. Here's the link - Wickeds Scandal by Kathleen Ayers.

message 14: by Cam (new) - added it

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments I was following this thread because it sounded interesting, glad you found your book Pinky. I have Wicked's Scandal on my TBR too back in 2013 when it was free on Amazon. Gotta bump it up!

message 15: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1393 comments :( she hasn't published on iBooks. That sucks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wickeds Scandal (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathleen Ayers (other topics)