Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)
This topic is about Duke of Sin
Gaol/Buddy Reads & Challenges > BR - Duke of Sin by Elizabeth Hoyt

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Jun 21, 2016 01:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10) by Elizabeth Hoyt

A MAN OF SIN

Devastatingly handsome. Vain. Unscrupulous. Valentine Napier, the Duke of Montgomery, is the man London whispers about in boudoirs and back alleys. A notorious rake and blackmailer, Montgomery has returned from exile, intent on seeking revenge on those who have wronged him. But what he finds in his own bedroom may lay waste to all his plans.

A WOMAN OF HONOR

Born a bastard, housekeeper Bridget Crumb is clever, bold, and fiercely loyal. When her aristocratic mother becomes the target of extortion, Bridget joins the Duke of Montgomery's household to search for the incriminating evidence-and uncovers something far more dangerous.

A SECRET THAT THREATENS TO DESTROY THEM BOTH

Astonished by the deceptively prim-and surprisingly witty-domestic spy in his chambers, Montgomery is intrigued. And try as she might, Bridget can't resist the slyly charming duke. Now as the two begin their treacherous game of cat and mouse, they soon realize that they both have secrets-and neither may be as nefarious-or as innocent-as they appear . . . (less)

BUDDY READ STARTING MONDAY - 27TH JUNE, 2016.

All welcome - but please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss plot points.

Noura  (nouraariz) | 21 comments Count me in!

message 3: by Chrissy_Mae (new) - added it

Chrissy_Mae | 3 comments I just joined this group and saw this thread. I recently finished The Duke of Sin. Love Elizabeth Hoyt and the entire Maiden Lane series. I have been waiting for this book for months. Would love to discuss.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments Hi ladies I finished it on my way to Singapore in one sitting. Loved it I think it was one of the best maiden lanes books in a while. She redeemed the duke so well and connected the characters into the maiden lane world very skilfully. And the set up for the next book is brilliant.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments So is this book a standalone?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments No . It is no 10 in the series. I suppose you could read it as a standalone but works so much better with the backstory of the previous books.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "No . It is no 10 in the series. I suppose you could read it as a standalone but works so much better with the backstory of the previous books."

Thanks. I'm going to check out my library for the first book.

Gilgamesha Yes but Vale isn't introduced in the series until the 6th or 7th book.

Gilgamesha I meant Val or Valentine which is the duke of montgomery's name

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Tinsoni wrote: "I meant Val or Valentine which is the duke of montgomery's name"

Thanks. So, I could start with that book. I'm going to see how I like the first one. I don't know if I'll like every book, anyway.

Gilgamesha For his story yes but the whole series is pretty good...no problem enjoy

Noura  (nouraariz) | 21 comments Are we ready???

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments Yes Noura. I've finished so ready to discuss in more detail.

Noura  (nouraariz) | 21 comments I'm going to start today, after i finish my current book. Are we reading this at a similar pace or we read then discuss?

I am new to this buddy read thingy.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments It's a casual buddy read so however you wish. Usually use spoiler tags if you are going to talk about anything which divulges the plot.

Noura  (nouraariz) | 21 comments Hi!

I've just finished reading Duke of Sin last night....

The story....the ending......