What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance w/ A Blind Male Love Interest

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Layla (new)

Layla (tellm3more) | 17 comments Hi,

So I'm searching for a book I read quite some time ago. From what I can recall, the female main character gets a job with some sort of cleaning service company and goes to work for a blind man who reportedly always has complaints about the workers the company sends. So they think he's mean and hard to please. But the lead does an excellent job and even leaves him really funny notes in braille that they put through a machine in order to hear them read aloud. I'm trying to remember more...
I think at one point he gets sick and she helps to take care of him somehow.

Anyway, if I remember any more points I'll be sure to post. If you have any idea of what book this might be please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Oh I think it might've also been interracial with an AA female and white American male.

Thanks a bunch!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Layla, what year did you read this contemporary romance?

What's the tone - romantic, funny, erotic, angsty, bittersweet, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the hero - his job, hobbies, family/friends, etc.?

message 3: by Layla (new)

Layla (tellm3more) | 17 comments Kris wrote: "Layla, what year did you read this contemporary romance?

What's the tone - romantic, funny, erotic, angsty, bittersweet, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the hero - his job, hobbies, family/frien..."

Kris,

Well I don't remember the exact year but if I had to guess I'd say maybe between 2012 and 2014 was when I read it.

As for tone, I think it was more of a romantic comedy. Perhaps some erotic scenes but not many.

I can't remember what the hero did for a living. But I remember he didn't work at home. And he would order pizzas for the heroine on his way home so that they could eat together. (Although I'm not sure if that's helpful. Sorry.) Oh and he had a big seeing-eye dog but I can't remember what kind.

I can't remember much about his family. But I want to say he was an orphan who was taken in by a very rich man as a baby. That man left him his fortune when he passed away. I really hope I'm not mixing up my stories here though...

Please let me know if any other details would be helpful! I'll be sure to add more if I remember.

message 4: by Layla (last edited Jun 22, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Layla (tellm3more) | 17 comments Oh, he also had a fantastic sense of smell. I remember he commented that he knew one of the previous maids hired stopped dusting and he could smell it. And he didn't realize he'd gotten a new maid but thought instead that the previous one had changed her perfume. He called the main character by the wrong name for weeks until they actually met.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Layla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Layla (new)

Layla (tellm3more) | 17 comments Never found it unfortunately

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Layla, can you tell us more about the hero - how and when did he become blind, what was his job before becoming blind, how does he make a living now, family/friends, etc.?

Is this a Beauty and the Beast type story/retelling? Is he visibly scarred?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny, sad, steamy/clean, etc.?

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (mjbcoffee) | 19 comments Kris wrote: "Layla, can you tell us more about the hero - how and when did he become blind, what was his job before becoming blind, how does he make a living now, family/friends, etc.?

Is this a Beauty and the..."

It sounded like the movie "Butterflies are Free" (1972) but it was based on a play, not a book.