#AYEARATHON discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Buddy Reads 2016 > Buddy Reads - July 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
Share with everyone books on your TBR that your interested in reading and would like to buddy read with someone.

After you guys have your buddy read together let me know and if you want I can put up Discussion threads Spoiler or Non-Spoiler or both for you :)

These are some of the books that come automatically when I think about my TBR : Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake I need to reread it to continue on with the series. Also The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani their both one of those series where I own all the books so it's time to get a move one :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Fun idea, to do buddy reads.
my tbr is: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1) by Scott K. Andrews Huntress by Malinda Lo The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 3: by I'mogén (new)

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 71 comments Heya, I was hoping to pick up the second and third book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steivater (I think I spelt alllllll of it wrong xD)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I'mogén wrote: "Heya, I was hoping to pick up the second and third book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steivater (I think I spelt alllllll of it wrong xD)"

I'm probably going to try to read the fourth book of the series so we could discuss the second and third book while you read them? :)

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 42 comments Currently this is my TBR: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6) by Sophie Kinsella Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Falling by Jane Green

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (magic_cherry) | 23 comments I have a lot of books to read! I guess I know a few but so stuck on what to read first and very excited to be a part of this readathon as I have missed the last few!!! If anyone wants to buddy let me know! I've never done it before so you'll have to help me a bit hehe. But I am certainly happy to add an extra book if I'm not reading one of yours :)

Winter Shopaholic and Baby City of Ashes

I think those three may be in my running to be read but I'm so unsettled :) too many good books!

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 164 comments I'mogén wrote: "Heya, I was hoping to pick up the second and third book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steivater (I think I spelt alllllll of it wrong xD)"

I'm looking at at least picking up the 2nd. Specially since I just got the audiobook out from my library.

message 8: by Rebecca Jane (new)

Rebecca Jane (bec3sjhdbzljldsgwsm) | 48 comments I'll probably be finishing off The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) by Brent Weeks by the time the readathon starts and after that I hope to read The Infernal World Of Branwell Brontë by Daphne du Maurier and The Princess Bride by William Goldman :)

message 9: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei I really want to tread some of the retellings on my shelves so I would be up for any of these:

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson

message 10: by Kelli (last edited Jun 21, 2016 09:24AM) (new)

Kelli Smith | 9 comments I have many contemporaries that I want to get through in the next month or so, including: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock, When We Collided, Wink Poppy Midnight, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, and The Association of Small Bombs.

message 11: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Smith | 9 comments ke-sha wrote: "Share with everyone books on your TBR that your interested in reading and would like to buddy read with someone.

After you guys have your buddy read together let me know and if you want I can put ..."

The School for Good and Evil is something I want to get to soon!

message 12: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Smith | 9 comments Oda wrote: "Fun idea, to do buddy reads.
my tbr is:Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonTimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1) by Scott K. AndrewsHuntress by Malinda LoThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern"

Reading "Everything, Everything" right now. Cute read.

message 13: by Giuliana (new)

Giuliana (giulianareads) | 11 comments Tentative TBR:
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare , The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan , Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson , Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare , The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan , The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
~If anyone is interested in buddy reading any of these, let me know :D

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke | 2 comments I am more of a mood reader but some of the books i want to read are

Cinder
Gone
City of ashes or clockwork angel
Red quern
Shadow queen
Game of thrones
Matched
A court of thornes and roses
Anna and the french kiss
Frostbite
The maze runner
Throng of glass
Glass house

If you want to read any of those let me know!

message 15: by Hermione (new)

Hermione (hermionegrner_) | 5 comments I am hoping to read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoinix
The Elite
Carry On
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif

Let me know if anyone is interested:)

Libros de Carmencita (librosdecarmencita) Well, my tbr are:
The Lord of the rings
The first of percy jackson
the first of the mortal instruments
The name of the wind
Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban

message 17: by Mar (new)

Mar Ferreira (stellaethoughts) My TBR for the summer is almost only contemporaries!
The Selection
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Beauty Queens
City Of Glass
Dream A Little Dream
The Neverland Wars
None Of The Above
Dreamology
Everything Leads To You
The Unexpected Everything

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Smith Here are a few in my TBR:

The Princess Bride
Places No One Knows
All the Birds in the Sky
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Spinster : making a life of one's own
If you come softly

message 19: by Ana Carolina (last edited Jun 22, 2016 02:36AM) (new)

Ana Carolina Maciel (carol-maciel) | 11 comments Here is my TBR for this summer:

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss Wonder by R.J. Palacio A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Death with Interruptions by José Saramago Joyland by Stephen King In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Capitães da Areia (Colecção BIS) by Jorge Amado The Terrible Thing That Happened to Barnaby Brocket by John Boyne Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson The Secret History by Donna Tartt Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1) by Margaret Atwood Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

I'd love to do a buddy reading for any of those books! :)

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Ana Carolina wrote: "Here is my TBR for this summer:

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick RothfussWonder by R.J. Palacio A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick [bookcover:Am..."

I can do The Name of The Wind, Wonder, and Outlander!

message 21: by vanessa (new)

vanessa rutkowska | 1 comments ke-sha wrote: "Share with everyone books on your TBR that your interested in reading and would like to buddy read with someone.

After you guys have your buddy read together let me know and if you want I can put ..."

hi i would love to read the unbeacoming of mara dyer

message 22: by Rivi (new)

Rivi (riviwriter) | 0 comments Hermione wrote: "I am hoping to read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoinix
The Elite
Carry On
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif

Let me know if anyone is interested:)"

Harry Potter 4 and 5 are also on my TBR list!

message 23: by Rivi (new)

Rivi (riviwriter) | 0 comments Jessica wrote: "Here are a few in my TBR:

The Princess Bride
Places No One Knows
All the Birds in the Sky
If you come softly"

Their Eyes were watching God is on my TBR.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments If anyone wants to look at my to-read list on my profile we can pick our TBR from there

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Rivi wrote: "Would love a buddy for any of these books!
The Hunger Games
The Lord of the Rings
Fahrenheit 451
The Outsiders
[book:Brave Ne..."

I can do 1984!

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments I'm at work right now so I can't scroll through all the posts to see if anyone's got any from my tbr so I'll just post mine for now. I don't have a lot of time to read anymore but I have two books that I'd really like to get to.
1) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
2) Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
It would be cool if I could even get to Library of Souls to finish off the Peculiar Children trilogy but I seriously doubt I'll be able to swing that. My main goal for the week is City of Heavenly Fire (it's pretty massive, haha) , so if anyone feels like buddy reading that let me know. =p

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Lara wrote: "I'm at work right now so I can't scroll through all the posts to see if anyone's got any from my tbr so I'll just post mine for now. I don't have a lot of time to read anymore but I have two books ..."

Lara I will if I can get through all the other books first!

message 29: by Iceyreads74 (last edited Jun 22, 2016 09:35AM) (new)

Iceyreads74 | 13 comments Here are some of my TBR for July

Soundless
A Court of Thorns and Roses
An Ember in The Ashes
City of Ashes
Cress
Zenith

message 30: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith Luke wrote: "I am more of a mood reader but some of the books i want to read are

Cinder
Gone
Red quern
Shadow queen
Game of thrones
Matched
A..."

Luke wrote: "I am more of a mood reader but some of the books i want to read are

Cinder
Gone
Red quern
Shadow queen
Game of thrones
Matched
A..."

I would love to read Maze Runner with you!

message 31: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith ke-sha wrote: "Share with everyone books on your TBR that your interested in reading and would like to buddy read with someone.

I just got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer out of the library so would love to do a buddy read with you.

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Smith Rivi wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Here are a few in my TBR:

The Princess Bride
Places No One Knows
All the Birds in the Sky
If you come softly"

Th..."

I'd love to buddy read Their Eyes Were Watching God! :) I'll add you.

message 33: by The Boho Bookie (new)

The Boho Bookie (TheBohoBookie) | 2 comments Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Princess Bride
New Moon
I'd love a buddy to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with!

message 34: by The Boho Bookie (new)

The Boho Bookie (TheBohoBookie) | 2 comments Rivi wrote: "Would love a buddy for any of these books!
The Hunger Games
The Lord of the Rings
Fahrenheit 451
The Outsiders
[book:Brave Ne..."

I can read the Hunger Games with you!

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Smith The Boho Bookie wrote: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Princess Bride
New Moon
I'd love a buddy to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with!"

I can buddy read Princess Bride with you :)

message 36: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (heyitstaytay) Anyone want to buddy read Cinder and A Court of Thorns and Roses?

message 37: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments Taylor wrote: "Anyone want to buddy read Cinder and A Court of Thorns and Roses?"

I can do ACOTAR!

message 38: by Erika (new)

Erika | 42 comments Hey tori,
Cress is on my list too!

message 39: by Iceyreads74 (new)

Iceyreads74 | 13 comments Erika wrote: "Hey tori,
Cress is on my list too!"

We should try to buddy read it!

message 40: by Erika (new)

Erika | 42 comments Sounds great!

message 41: by Kimberlyn (new)

Kimberlyn (sarcasticghosty) | 11 comments Dying to buddy read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Diviners by Libba Bray, or The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily (heyemii) Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Modern Romance
The Shining Girls
A Catcher In The Rye
Lock In
The Sellout
The Goldfinch
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
and The Luminaries

message 43: by Harry (new)

Harry Smith Emily wrote: "Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Modern Romance
The Shining Girls
A Catcher In The Rye
Lock In
The Sellout
The Goldfinch
and The Luminaries"

Would love to buddy read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

message 44: by Roda (new)

Roda | 8 comments I'mogén wrote: "Heya, I was hoping to pick up the second and third book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steivater (I think I spelt alllllll of it wrong xD)"

I plan to read the third, so when you finish the second we could read together?

message 45: by Roda (new)

Roda | 8 comments I plan to read

the Luminaries
Blue lily, lily blue
Raven King
Long Walk to Freedom
The Bell Jar
The Hero of Ages
A Gathering of shadows

anyone interested in buddy-reading any of them? ^.^

message 46: by Roda (new)

Roda | 8 comments Kimberlyn wrote: "Dying to buddy read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Diviners by Libba Bray, or The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams."

I would be down to buddy read The Night Circus

message 47: by Ajeng (new)

Ajeng Hendriati (ajenghen) | 6 comments Emily wrote: "Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Modern Romance
The Shining Girls
A Catcher In The Rye
Lock In
The Sellout
The Goldfinch
and The Luminaries"

Would love to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer with you!

Luke wrote: "I am more of a mood reader but some of the books i want to read are

Cinder
Gone
Red quern
Shadow queen
Game of thrones
Matched
A..."

Would love to read Maze Runner with you!

message 48: by Ajeng (new)

Ajeng Hendriati (ajenghen) | 6 comments Lara wrote: "I'm at work right now so I can't scroll through all the posts to see if anyone's got any from my tbr so I'll just post mine for now. I don't have a lot of time to read anymore but I have two books ..."

would love to read hollow city with you!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Roda wrote: "Kimberlyn wrote: "Dying to buddy read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Diviners by Libba Bray, or The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams."

I would be down to buddy read The ..."

me too.
set it up for 4th july?

message 50: by Ajeng (last edited Jun 24, 2016 02:17AM) (new)

Ajeng Hendriati (ajenghen) | 6 comments i also planning to read Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.