The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2016 > Karolyn's 2016 Reading Adventures

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karolyn (last edited Jul 25, 2016 09:04PM) (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments My reading has taken a nose dive the last 10 months or so... Some personal stuff came up (all good now) and then I just kinda put reading on the shelf for awhile. I've got a birthday looming and want to get back into my reading ways. New year, new goals!

Given that I'm (re) starting in June... My goal will be 20 books for the rest of the year. I might try to get a few mini challenges in there too.

7/20

message 2: by Karolyn (last edited Jul 25, 2016 09:02PM) (new)

message 3: by Karolyn (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments 1 - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Really enjoyed this easy read. Lots of depth to the characters and a great storyline.

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments Good luck! You can do it! :-)

message 5: by Karolyn (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments 2 - The Blood of Heroes: The 13-Day Struggle for the Alamo--and the Sacrifice That Forged a Nation Hubby and I listened to this while he joined be on a week long business trip to Texas. The book was well researched and engaging and we were able to visit a few places mentioned (but not the Alamo this trip).

Brenda (aka Gramma) | 278 comments Wow, you're getting off to a great start!

message 7: by Karolyn (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments Thanks

message 8: by Karolyn (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:25PM) (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments 3 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Really enjoyed finally reading this and look forward to the rest of the series!

message 9: by Karolyn (last edited Jul 22, 2016 09:25PM) (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments 4 - 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World

If you're interested in agriculture and food security, this is absolutely a great read. Howard Buffet is a son of Warren Buffet and runs one of the family's non-profits focused on improving food security around the world.

message 10: by Karolyn (last edited Jul 25, 2016 09:04PM) (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments 5 - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I adored this book! It's been on my TBR list and I was having one of those "I don't know what to read" days. I'm so glad I picked it up. Loved the characters and went through withdrawal once I finished.

message 11: by Karolyn (new)

Karolyn | 112 comments I dug into the rest of the Millennium Triology this week. I really enjoyed the series and we'll miss Lisbeth.

6 - The Girl Who Played with Fire

7 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

message 12: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 435 comments I couldn't read this trilogy Karolyn; maybe listening to it would help