Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Challenges > 2016 Challenge #3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Jun 20, 2016 06:15PM) (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
First of all - Alicia, YOU ROCK!!!! Much love and thanks for coming up with the next challenge!!! Who wants to step up to the plate for the 4th quarter challenge? Huh? Huh? :)

THE RULES

YOU MUST POST YOUR TASK LIST!
1. The challenge runs from July 1 – September 30, 2016 and you MUST post your task list! (Don't worry if you don't have all of your books chosen yet, you can put TBD for a task without a book.)
2. Anyone may join in at any time, and count any books read between July 1 and September 30. All participants must post their book list in this thread.
3. Books do not have to be specifically from Red Dress Ink.
4. You may only complete each task ONCE. Likewise, books may only count for ONE task.
5. To post points: Post the point value and number of the task you completed, as well as the book you read for the task. It also helps (me) to post your total points as well.
6. For multiple-book tasks: Books do not need to be read back-to-back, or in any specific order, but you must have read ALL the books for a task in order to be awarded points for it (no "half points").
7. Audiobooks and e-books are acceptable to use for challenges, as long as they are the complete and unabridged versions.
8. Books started before July 1 may count for any task in the challenge, as long as you are no more than halfway through the book as of July 1.
9. You may change the books on your list at any time however; changing books for tasks already completed is NOT permitted.
10. Re-reads of books are okay, unless the task specifically says otherwise.
11. The first person to complete every task in the challenge is the winner. If no one completes every task in the challenge, then the person with the top score will be declared the winner. That person will receive a $10 Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com gift certificate via email.

message 2: by Stacy (last edited Jun 20, 2016 06:16PM) (new)

5 Point Tasks
5.1 Books that you can’t fit into the challenge anywhere else in the challenge.

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth.
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Read a YA Book
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: Read a Book Where the Cover Shows the Back of a Person’s Body/Head
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Read a Book That Takes Place on the East Coast
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard: Read Book with a Picture of Cake, Candy, or something Sweet on the Cover
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Read a Book with a Purple Cover
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: Read a Book by a Male Author
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: Read a book that Takes Place in Winter.
10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi: Read a Book with a Flower or Plant on the Cover

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Read 2 Books that are Suspenseful or have a Mystery in Them
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: Read 2 Books That Take Place in Summer
15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera: Read 2 Books With Pictures of Drinks/Alcohol on the Cover
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: Read 2 Books with Numbers in the Title OR A Book that is Part of a Series

25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “B”
25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “G”
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “S”
24.4 RDI - Read three RDI books.

40 books
310 points

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Jun 26, 2016 07:39AM) (new)

I will add to mine as soon as I have more time to help give examples (if they're needed, hahaha)! :)

5 Point Tasks

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Bundle of Joy? - Ariella Papa
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Prada & Prejudice - Mandy Hubbard
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: The Last Year of Being Single - Sarah Tucker
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Hex and the Single Girl - Valerie Frankel
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Seeing Me Naked - Liza Palmer
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard: I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) - Cara Lockwood
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: It's a Kind of Magic - Carole Matthews
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: Girl Boy Ect - Michael Weinreb
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: Home for Christmas - Cally Taylor
10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi: Dear Neighbor, Drop Dead - Sarape Rosenberg

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Obsession, Deceit and Really Dark Chocolate - Kyra Davis/Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss - Krya Davis
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: When in Rome - Gemma Towny/Mean Season - Heather Cochran
15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera: The Night I Got Lucky - Laura Caldwell/Impossibly Tongue-Tied - Josie Brown
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: 4% Famous - Deborah Schoeneman/Sugar and Spice - Lauren Conrad (Book 3 in L.A. Candy series)

25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Breakfast at Stephanie's - Sue Margolis/Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day - Toni McGee Causey/Babyface - Fiona Gibson
25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: The Girlfriend Curse - Valerie Frankel/Little White Lies - Gemma Townley/Getting Personal - Chris Manby
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: The Scent of Scandal - Carole Matthews/Sleeping Over - Stacey Ballis/The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives - Sarah Strohmeyer
24.4 RDI - The Spinster Sisters - Stacey Ballis/Room for Improvement - Stacey Ballis/Mike, Mike & Me - Wendy Markham

0/40 books
0/310 points

Bundle of Joy? by Ariella Papa Prada & Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels) by Sarah Tucker Hex and the Single Girl by Valerie Frankel Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2) by Cara Lockwood It's a Kind of Magic by Carole Matthews Girl Boy Etc  by Michael Weinreb Home for Christmas by Cally Taylor Dear Neighbor, Drop Dead by Saralee Rosenberg
Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3) by Kyra Davis Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #4) by Kyra Davis When in Rome... by Gemma Townley Mean Season by Heather Cochran The Night I Got Lucky by Laura Caldwell Impossibly Tongue-Tied by Josie Brown 4% Famous by Deborah Schoeneman Sugar and Spice (L.A. Candy, #3) by Lauren Conrad
Breakfast at Stephanie's by Sue Margolis Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day (Bobbie Faye, #1) by Toni McGee Causey Babyface by Fiona Gibson The Girlfriend Curse by Valerie Frankel Little White Lies by Gemma Townley Getting Personal by Chris Manby The Scent of Scandal by Carole Matthews Sleeping Over by Stacey Ballis The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives by Sarah Strohmeyer The Spinster Sisters by Stacey Ballis Room for Improvement by Stacey Ballis Mike, Mike & Me by Wendy Markham

message 4: by Nicole (last edited Sep 29, 2016 09:21PM) (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments Oh, I love this theme!!

5 Point Tasks
5.1 The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs
5.2 The Never-Open Desert Diner by James Anderson
5.3 The Dread Line by Bruce DeSilva
5.4 Crossing the Bridge by Michael Baron

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth. The Choices We Make by Karma Brown
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Read a YA Book Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: Read a Book Where the Cover Shows the Back of a Person’s Body/Head So Close by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Read a Book That Takes Place on the East Coast River Road by Carol Goodman (New York)
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast Crushed by Deborah Coonts (California)
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard: Read Book with a Picture of Cake, Candy, or something Sweet on the Cover
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Read a Book with a Purple Cover Lucky Stiff by Deborah Coonts
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: Read a Book by a Male Author Write to Die by Charles Rosenberg
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: Read a book that Takes Place in Winter. Falling by Jane Green

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Read 2 Books that are Suspenseful or have a Mystery in Them You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott and Remember Me This Way by Sabine Durrant
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: Read 2 Books That Take Place in Summer
15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera: Read 2 Books With Pictures of Drinks/Alcohol on the Cover
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: Read 2 Books with Numbers in the Title OR A Book that is Part of a Series The Candidate by Lis Wiehl and So Damn Lucky by Deborah Coonts

25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “B”
25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “G”
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “S” Still Mine by Amy Stuart; Already Home by Susan Mallery; and The Yokota Officers Club by Sarah Bird

40 books
310 points

message 5: by Julie (last edited Sep 25, 2016 08:24PM) (new)

Julie 5 Point Tasks
Books that you can’t fit into the challenge anywhere else in the challenge
5.1 - A Streetcar Named Desire 7/19/16
5.2 - Just One Year 9/4/16
5.3 - The Rosie Effect 9/12/16
5.4 - Message in a Bottle 9/18/16

10 Point Tasks
10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth - The Fireman 7/23/16
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Read a YA Book - See How They Run 7/20/16
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: Read a Book Where the Cover Shows the Back of a Person’s Body/Head - Just One Day 7/31/16
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Read a Book That Takes Place on the East Coast - The Rumor 7/8/16
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast - Walter's Purple Heart 9/11/16
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Read a Book with a Purple Cover - Two for the Dough 9/25/16
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: Read a Book by a Male Author - Gods of The Nowhere: A Novel of Halloween 8/27/16
10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi: Read a Book with a Flower or Plant on the Cover - Safe Haven 7/5/16

15 Point Tasks
15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Read 2 Books that are Suspenseful or have a Mystery in Them - Pines , TBD
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: Read 2 Books That Take Place in Summer - Lost Lake, One For The Money
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: Read 2 Books with Numbers in the Title OR A Book that is Part of a Series - The Cat, The Collector and the Killer, The Rosie Project

25 Point Tasks
25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “B” - The Secret Garden, Long Gone, The Book of Lost Things
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “S” - Extreme Prey, Mad River, The Stranger
25.4 RDI - Read three RDI books.

23/40 Books
180/310 Points

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand Extreme Prey (Lucas Davenport, #26) by John Sandford A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2) by Ally Carter The Fireman by Joe Hill Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman Mad River (Virgil Flowers, #6) by John Sandford Long Gone by Alafair Burke The Stranger by Harlan Coben The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett Gods of The Nowhere A Novel of Halloween by James Tipper The Cat, The Collector and the Killer (A Cats in Trouble Mystery #8) by Leann Sweeney The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Walter's Purple Heart by Catherine Ryan Hyde The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks Pines (Wayward Pines, #1) by Blake Crouch Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) by Janet Evanovich

message 6: by Alicia (last edited Sep 18, 2016 09:59AM) (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments 5 Point Tasks
5.1 Live Fast Die Hot, Jenny Mollen 7/16/16
5.2 Truly, Madly, Guilty, Liane Moriarty 7/30/16
5.3 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, JK Rowling 9/18/16

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: What Alice Forgot, Liane Moriarty 7/9/16
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants, Louise Rennison 7/19/16
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: The Perfect Neighbors, Sarah Pekkanen 7/20/16
10.5 California Love, Tupac: The Misadventures of an Awkard Black Girl, Issa Rae 9/15/16
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: An Offer You Can't Refuse, Jill Mansell7/24/16

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Read 2 Books that are Suspenseful or have a Mystery in Them
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: Read 2 Books with Numbers in the Title OR A Book that is Part of a Series

25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: The Gol]dfinch, Donna Tartt 9/6/16
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Supergirl at Superhero High, Lisa Yee 9/8/16
25.4 Read three RDI books.

10/40 books
65/310 points

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty Live Fast Die Hot by Jenny Mollen Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4) by Louise Rennison The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt Supergirl at Super Hero High (DC Super Hero Girls) by Lisa Yee The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by J.K. Rowling

message 7: by Melanie (last edited Sep 27, 2016 06:17AM) (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments 5 Point Tasks
Books that you can’t fit into the challenge anywhere else in the challenge.
5.1 The Other Life - Ellen Meister
5.2 The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul - Douglas Adams
5.3 The Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan
5.4 Luck, Love, and Lemon Pie - Amy E. Reichert
5.5Beautiful People - Wendy Holden
5.6 Results May Vary – Bethany Chase
5.7 Now That It's You - Tawna Fenske

10 Point Tasks
10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa-- Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth.
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana-- The Last Dragonslayer - Jasper Fforde
10.3Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot-- The Witches of Cambridge – Menna van Praag
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men-- Most Wanted - Lisa Scottoline
10.5 California Love, Tupac Vows, Vendettas, and a Little Black Dress – Kyra Davis
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard-- The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris – Jenny Colgan
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince-- Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend in Vegas – Kyra Davis
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna-- The Regional Office is Under Attack! – Manuel Gonzalez
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul-- Roses and Rot - Kat Howard
10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi-- Life Swap – Carol E. Wyer

15 point tasks
15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson-- Demons are Forever - Julie Kenner, Truly, Madly, Guilty - Liane Moriarity
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince-- Read 2 Books That Take Place in Summer
15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera-- Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge - Paul Krueger, Once Upon a Wine – Beth Kendrick
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton-- Deja Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom #4) - Julie Kenner, Red Blooded Murder (Izzy McNeil #2) - Laura Caldwell

25 point tasks
25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC-- Got Your Number - Stephanie Bond, A Year of the Unexpected – Erca Bauermeister, The Girl Most Likely To - Susan Donovan
25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue-- Saturn’s Return to New York – Sarah Gran, The Regulars – Georgia Clark, Starting from Scratch – Susan Gilbert-Collins
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson-- Spooky Little Girl – Laurie Notaro, The Silver Star - Jeanette Walls, Sweet Love – Sarah Strohmeyer

28/40 books
175/310 points
The Other Life by Ellen Meister The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #5) by Kyra Davis Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro Roses and Rot by Kat Howard The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (Dirk Gently, #2) by Douglas Adams Little Beach Street Bakery A Novel by Jenny Colgan The Girl Most Likely To... by Susan Donovan Luck, Love & Lemon Pie by Amy E. Reichert Demons Are Forever (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #3) by Julie Kenner Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline Beautiful People by Wendy Holden The Regional Office Is Under Attack! by Manuel Gonzales Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty The Regulars A Novel by Georgia Clark Results May Vary by Bethany Chase Saturn's Return to New York by Sara Gran Once Upon a Wine by Beth Kendrick The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The Last Dragonslayer (The Chronicles of Kazam, #1) by Jasper Fforde Deja Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #4) by Julie Kenner Now That It's You by Tawna Fenske Got Your Number by Stephanie Bond Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2) by Laura Caldwell

message 8: by Jencey/ (last edited Sep 26, 2016 05:36PM) (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments 5 Point Tasks

25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “S”

Finished:
5.6 The Girl On the Train by Paula Hawkins

5.7 Falling by Jane Green

5.8 The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

5.9 Jesus Today by Sarah Young

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict

10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Envy by Anna Godberson

10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: What the Lady Wants by Renee Rosen

10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee

10.5 California Love, Tupac: Holy Night by Colleen Coble

10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: The Forgotten Room by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig

10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi: Dune Road by Jane Green

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich, You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott

15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: The Gentle Warrior by Julie Garwood, The After Party by Anton Disclafani

15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera: Read 1 Book With Pictures of Drinks/Alcohol on the Cover: One Less Problem Without You by Beth Harbison

15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: Read 1 Bookwith Numbers in the Title OR A Book that is Part of a Series: First Comes Love by Emily Giffin

25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Read 2 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “B”: Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand

25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: Girl from the Savoy by Hazel Gaynor, At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen, Gucci Gucci Coo by Sue Margolis
What the Lady Wants A Novel of Marshall Field and the Gilded Age by Renee Rosen The Glass Kitchen A Novel of Sisters by Linda Francis Lee Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen Holy Night (Aloha Reef) by Colleen Coble The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict The Girl from The Savoy by Hazel Gaynor The Forgotten Room by Karen White Jesus Today Experience Hope Through His Presence by Sarah Young At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum, #13.5) by Janet Evanovich Gucci Gucci Coo by Sue Margolis Gentle Warrior (Tapestry Romance) by Julie Garwood First Comes Love by Emily Giffin You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott The Beach Club by Elin Hilderbrand Dune Road by Jane Green The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah One Less Problem Without You A Novel by Beth Harbison The After Party by Anton DiSclafani The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3) by Janet Evanovich Falling by Jane Green The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

22 books
145 points

message 9: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed;
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: What the Lady Wants by Rene Rosen

message 10: by Becky (last edited Sep 24, 2016 02:42PM) (new)

Becky | 73 comments 5 Point Tasks
5.1 It's Not Okay: Turning Heartbreak into Happily Never After

10 Point Tasks

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth.
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Read a YA Book
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: Read a Book Where the Cover Shows the Back of a Person’s Body/Head
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Read a Book That Takes Place on the East Coast MINE
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast 7th Heaven
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard: Read Book with a Picture of Cake, Candy, or something Sweet on the Cover Sugar and Spice

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Read 2 Books that are Suspenseful or have a Mystery in Them Honeymoon The 9th Judgment
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: Read 2 Books That Take Place in Summer Beautiful Day The Matchmaker
The 6th Target The 8th Confession

Gone Girl The Girls of August The One & Only
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Read 3 Books Where the Author’s Name or Book Title Start with the Letter “S” Our Husband

14/40 books
105/310 points

message 11: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee

2 books

20 points

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi

Safe Haven--4 Stars--7/5/16

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Books: 1/40
Total Points: 10/310

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men

The Rumor--3 Stars--7/8/16

The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand

Books: 2/40
Total Points: 20/310

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments Task Completed

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: What Alice Forgot, Liane Moriarty 7/9/16

1/40 books
10/310 points

message 15: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed; 10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Envy by Anna Godberson

books 3

points 30

message 16: by Nancy (last edited Sep 30, 2016 10:43AM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments 5 Point Tasks - Books that you can’t fit into the challenge anywhere else in the challenge.
5.1 Twenty Wishes – Debbie Macomber 8/10
5.2 The Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Galbraith 8/24
5.3 Kindred Spirits – Rainbow Rowell 8/31
5.4 The Couple Next Door – Shari Lapena 9/12
5.5 The Girl on the Train- Paula Hawkins (re-read for book club) 9/14
5.6 Curious Minds – Janet Evanovich 9/17
5.7 The Trial – James Patterson 9/21

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa:
10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: November 9 – Colleen Hoover 9/2
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: The Charmers – Elizabeth Adler 9/6
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: the Island House- Nancy Thayer 7/19
10.5 California Love, Tupac: We Never Asked for Wings – Vanessa Diffenbaugh 7/27
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard:
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Marrying Winterborne- Lisa Kleypas 7/31
10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens 7/13
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul:
10.10 Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi:

15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Depraved Heart – Patricia Cornwell 8/8; Her Royal Spyness – Rhys Bowen 9/28
15.2 Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince: : The Weekenders – Mary Kay Andrews 8/21; Summer Secrets – Jane Green 9/30
15.3 Genie in a Bottle, Christina Aguilera:
15.4 9 to 5, Dolly Parton: The Games (Private series)- James Patterson 8/15; Mermaid Moon (sunset cove #2)- Colleen Coble 8/26

25.1 Bye, Bye, Bye, N*SYNC: Bound by Temptation – Lavina Kent 8/29 ; The Betrayers – David Bezmozgis 9/4; Bullseye – James Patterson 9/10
25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue:
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson: Pretty Girls – Karin Slaughter 7/22; Sweet Tomorrows – Debbie Macomber 9/20; Damaged by Lisa Scottoline 9/25
24.4 RDI:

25/40 books
190/310 points

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens The Island House A Novel by Nancy Thayer Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23) by Patricia Cornwell Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) by Debbie Macomber The Games (Private, #11) by James Patterson The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith Mermaid Moon (Sunset Cove, #2) by Colleen Coble Bound By Temptation by Lavinia Kent Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell November 9 by Colleen Hoover The Betrayers by David Bezmozgis The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler Bullseye (Michael Bennett #9) by James Patterson The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins Sweet Tomorrows (Rose Harbor #5) by Debbie Macomber Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1) by Janet Evanovich The Trial (Women's Murder Club #15.5) by James Patterson Damaged (Rosato & DiNunzio, #4) by Lisa Scottoline Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen Summer Secrets by Jane Green

message 17: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 10.5 California Love, Tupac: Holy Night by Colleen Coble

books 4

points 40

message 18: by Stacy (new)

LEADERBOARD

Jencey - 40
Julie - 20
Alicia - 10

I totally planned to read more books this summer. I even checked out a dozen from the library. But with all the walking I'm doing to catch Pokemon, I don't know how much I'll get done. LOL!

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Tasks completed:
10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: The Witches of Cambridge – Menna van Praag
10.5 California Love, Tupac: Vows, Vendettas, and a Little Black Dress – Kyra Davis
10.6 Pour Some Some Sugar On Me, Def Leopard: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris – Jenny Colgan

3/40 books
30/310 points

message 20: by Nancy (last edited Jul 16, 2016 07:54AM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Task completed:

10.8 Papa Don’t Preach, Madonna: A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens 7/13

1/40 books
10/310 points

message 21: by Alicia (new)

5.1 Live Fast Die Hot, Jenny Mollen 7/16/16

2/40 books
15/310 points

message 22: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict

books 5

points 50

It helps to be home recovering from surgery.

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie No fun to be recovering from surgery, but I'm sure reading makes for a nice escape while doing so!

Hope recovery goes off without a hitch Jencey!

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Task completed:

5.1 The Other Life - Ellen Meister
5/40 books
35/310 points

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

5.1 Can't Fit Anywhere Else

A Streetcar Named Desire--3 Stars--7/19/16

A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

Books: 4/40
Total Points: 25/310

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana

See How They Run--2 Stars--7/20/16

See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2) by Ally Carter

Books: 5/40
Total Points: 35/310

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments 10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: Read a Book Where the Cover Shows the Back of a Person’s Body/Head
So Close by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

River Road by Carol Goodman (New York)

10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast
Crushed by Deborah Coonts (California)

You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott and Remember Me This Way by Sabine Durrant

45/310

message 28: by Alicia (new)

10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants, Louise Rennison 7/19/16

10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot: The Perfect Neighbors, Sarah Pekkanen 7/20/16

4/40 books
35/310 points

message 29: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Julie wrote: "No fun to be recovering from surgery, but I'm sure reading makes for a nice escape while doing so!

Hope recovery goes off without a hitch Jencey!"

So far so good! I am trying to keep things positive. Of course get a lot reading done. I hope you are doing well.

message 30: by Alicia (new)

10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: An Offer You Can't Refuse, Jill Mansell 7/24/16

5/40 books
45/310 points

message 31: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task Completed: 10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul: The Forgotten Room by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig

books 7

points 60

message 32: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa

The Fireman--4 Stars--7/23/16

The Fireman by Joe Hill

Books: 6/40
Total Points: 45/310

message 33: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Tasks completed!
5.2 The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul - Douglas Adams
10.9 Cold Hearted Snake, Paula Abdul-- Roses and Rot - Kat Howard

7/40 books
50/310 points

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Task completed

5.3 The Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan

8/40 books
55/310 points

message 35: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 5.9 Jesus Today by Sarah Young

books 8

points 65

message 36: by Alicia (new)

5.2 Truly, Madly, Guilty, Liane Moriarty 7/30/16

6/40 books
50/310 points

message 37: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

10.3 Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot

Just One Day--3 Stars--7/31/16

Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman

Books: 8/40
Total Points: 55/310

message 38: by Nancy (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Task Completed:

10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: The Island House- Nancy Thayer 7/19

2/40 books
20/310 points

message 39: by Nancy (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Task completed:

10.5 California Love, Tupac: We Never Asked for Wings – Vanessa Diffenbaugh 7/27

4/40 books
30/310 points

message 40: by Nancy (last edited Aug 02, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Task Completed:

10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Marrying Winterborne- Lisa Kleypas 7/31

5/40 books
40/310 points

message 41: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 25.2 Girls, Girls, Girls, Motley Crue: Girl from the Savoy by Hazel Gaynor, At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen, Gucci Gucci Coo by Sue Margolis

books 11

points 80

message 42: by Melanie (last edited Aug 06, 2016 07:37PM) (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Task completed:
5.4 Luck, Love, and Lemon Pie - Amy E. Reichert

12/40 books
60/310 points

message 43: by Becky (new)

Becky | 73 comments Task Completed:
10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men: Read a Book That Takes Place on the East Coast MINE
MINE (A Billionaire Romance) by Mia Carson

6 books
10 points

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments 10.1 Push It, Salt N Peppa: Read a Book Where a Character Goes Through Child Birth. The Choices We Make by Karma Brown
10.7 Purple Rain, Prince: Read a Book with a Purple Cover Lucky Stiff by Deborah Coonts

65/310

message 45: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Tasks completed!

10.4 Motown Philly, Boyz II Men-- Most Wanted - Lisa Scottoline
25.3 Say, Say, Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson-- Spooky Little Girl – Laurie Notaro, The Silver Star - Jeanette Walls, Sweet Love – Sarah Strohmeyer

15/40 books
95/310 points

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky | 73 comments Task completed

10.5 California Love, Tupac: Read a Book That Takes Place on the West Coast 7th Heaven

7/40 books
20/310 points

message 47: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments 10.2 Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana: Read a YA Book Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz

75/310

Since this is a music themed challenge...I saw Guns n' Roses on Monday. Really amazing show!

message 48: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task completed: 15.1 Thriller, Michael Jackson: Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich, You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott

books 14

points 95

message 49: by Becky (new)

Becky | 73 comments Task Completed:
Gone Girl
The Girls of August
The One & Only

8/40 books
45/310 points

message 50: by Julie (new)

Julie TASK COMPLETED

25.3 Say, Say, Say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson

Extreme Prey--4 Stars--7/18/16
Mad River--4 Stars--8/7/16
The Stranger--5 Stars--8/21/16

Extreme Prey (Lucas Davenport, #26) by John Sandford Mad River (Virgil Flowers, #6) by John Sandford The Stranger by Harlan Coben

Books: 11/40
Total Points: 80/310

« previous 1