Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

Off topic > Game of Thrones TV series **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Rinn (rinnsohma) | 3456 comments Mod
I swear we had a GoT thread, but I can't find it! So here we go.

Please note that this is a place to discuss any and all episodes of Game of Thrones, so it might be an idea to avoid it if you haven't caught up.

I NEED NEED NEED to talk about the newest episode (episode 9 of series 6) because OH MY GOD

IT

FINALLY

HAPPENED.

THAT WAS SO EPIC!

message 2: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

Lancer (elancer) | 1666 comments Mod
i need to catch up. I believe the wife and I have season four and five to catch up on. cant quite remember though, would have to check. We just finished vikings so hopefully we can get back into GoT in the near future.

message 3: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3540 comments Mod
I'm about four episodes behind you Rinn. Still too annoyed at lack of book to get stuck in.

message 4: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

Cupcakes & Machetes (hybridcreature) | 878 comments Mod
I'm caught up Rinn! I think I like this season the most, strictly because I do NOT know what it going to happen.

Good goddamn that episode last night though!

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Last night was good, but Hold the Door took something from me.

message 6: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

description

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie  (susiend104) | 265 comments I just got caught up too! I agree with you Hybrid, I feel like I'm enjoying this season the most. Early on, I was nitpicking all of the things they changed from the books and trying to decide if I liked their version or not. Now I'm just watching to see if my predictions come true.

This week's episode was a great example of being just enjoyable. I wasn't terribly surprised by much of what happened (unlike Hodor - did not see that coming), but it was incredibly well done. The battle scene was the best yet, I think. It looked like there were only about a dozen guys fighting in the Battle of the Blackwater, but this was much more convincing. Yay Jon Snow!

message 8: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Spoiler free space for comment preview....

Yeah I was surprised by Hodor - or rather, would have been, had people not posted what is essentially a spoiler without being one (e.g. posting a picture of a character and a sad emoji).

I knew Rickon was going to die, but when it happen I still gasped - it was so brutal. And they showed him getting struck like 3 or 4 times! That battle was so intense though. I literally have not physically reacted to an episode so much - gasping and cheering and screaming (and crying with joy for Sansa omg).

message 9: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

My favorite new memes are just pictures of Sansa with the caption "Who let the dogs out?"

message 10: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley de Jong (thebooksmademedoit) I just watched this episode and holy sh*t!! I think all my dreams just came true... Still in fan girl mode... Cannot discuss on a detailed level right now..

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie  (susiend104) | 265 comments Soooo how about that finale? I had wondered if it wouldn't be too exciting, because episode 9 is usually the big one. I was clearly, and happily (I think?!?), quite mistaken!

message 12: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I don't even have words to explain that last episode, but my husband was punched in the arm at least half a dozen times. There may have been some shrieking too.

message 13: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Wowwwwwwww

The music throughout that whole episode was SO different to normal and so so perfect.

I loved all the changes and the build up of tension. Cersei really went for it... and Tommen, oh my god I was just sat there with my mouth hanging open!

Now Sansa is going to have to deal with Littlefinger, the creep. And does this confirm L+R=J??

message 14: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I definitely think it confirms L + R = J.

As soon as Tommen put down his crown, I knew what he was going to do. Now, I am somewhat conflicted. Is this really what Cersei wanted all along? I know they go on and on about how much she loves her children but then she broke her son anyway. And now is Jamie going to have to put her down Mad King style?

I have to say that I think this was my favorite season yet. It may be mostly due to not knowing what was going to happen but I also feel like they really upped their game on the story.

message 15: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Is Jon going to hook up with his cousin Sansa or his aunt Daenerys? Either way, shit is definitely coming to a head.

message 16: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (last edited Jun 28, 2016 11:35PM) (new)

Well, there is the prophecy from Maggy the Frog about Cersei...

- She would be married to a king, not a prince (Robert)
- She would have 3 children whilst her husband would have 16 (Tommen, Joffrey, Myrcella, plus Robert's many bastards)
- Her children would all die before her (which has now happened)
- And she would die at the hands of the 'valonqur', High Valyrian for 'little brother' - so Tyrion or Jaime, but I want to say Jaime because that look he gave her at the end...

message 17: by Susie (new)

Susie  (susiend104) | 265 comments The Tommen scene was so well done. I spontaneously predicted before we turned it on that it might be the episode they killed him off, just on a hunch, but I would not have guessed just how!

I know I've read stuff on Martin denying L + R = J, but I'm not sure if he's just trying to be tricksy, or if the books will do it differently...? Assuming the books ever exist! I hope Jon isn't involved in any incestuous relationships...

Where's Ghost been hiding recently?! I miss the direwolf emphasis.

message 18: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

I want to re-read the books so bad, but I have new book guilt. Ughh.

message 19: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I've been wondering the same about Ghost. Although at the rate they've been killing off dire wolves, maybe Ghost should just hang out somewhere safe.

message 20: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Hmm, I was reading Tor's predictions and they are pretty sure Ghost will be killed off soon.

message 21: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

Why you do this to me Rinn?!

*Sobs and runs away*

message 22: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

So me and the wife just caught up last night so I can finally go on the internet again. I have a feeling that Hodor is still alive or will return in White Walker mode. Almost everyone that has been killed has been killed on screen. Look at the ones that weren't: The Hound - still alive, Benjin - still alive, so Hodor - still alive?.

Ive also heard that there are only 13 more episodes according to the writers and that season 7 will be seven episodes and season 8 only six episodes.

As far as R and L = J that part didn't surprise me as it has been heavily hinted at,

It seems to be hinting that Jon and Danaerys will hook up, but I think there could be a possibilty of a D and Jaime, or even a D and Tyrion as they seem to be growing very close.

Now it is just the wait until April 2017 for new episodes, or an indefinite wait for the books. This season would pretty much take the show past Winds of winter which hasn't even been written yet so the show will end far before the books. It has been great seeing a Fantasy show so well recepted and hopefully it paves the way for more in the future. There are so many series out their that could be great as movies or tv shows.q

p.s. as much as I enjoyed the books/show I still think ASOIAF is overrated.

message 23: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Hmm, by that theory... what about Stannis? :P

message 24: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

I thought that the episode after he died it showed Brianne more concretely killing him with blood coming up. Lol again it's just a theory.

message 25: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

I'm also on board that Jaime will kill Cersei. She is indirectly (almost directly) responsible for all her children's deaths through her coniving. Even if she doesn't I dont think there is anyway the Lannister army could withstand the army of the North, Dorne and Tyrelle's, Grey joys, Dothraki, Unsullied, three Dragons, not to mention the White Walker's. So hope she enjoys being Queen for the very short time that she will get to.

message 26: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I have to point out that, yes some "dead" characters come back but they are nothing in comparison to the number who are actually dead.

Also, I read a very interesting theory that Lyanna whispers a name other than Jon Snow to Ned. Which, is totally plausible since when it happened I thought it was way too many syllables.

message 27: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

Not saying that I don't want Hodor to come back lol.

message 28: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

Maybe she whispered "name him the hound" :p

message 29: by Ryan (new)

Ryan I think she said she got married to Rhaegar at the registry office.

message 30: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

sir Lancer wrote: "Maybe she whispered "name him the hound" :p"

CAN YOU IMAGINE

message 31: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I can tell you the theory of what she said if you want, but I'll only mention it with permission.

message 32: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

I already know so I'm happy for you to go ahead. This is a spoiler thread after all ;)

message 33: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

I've read what I think will be the same theory. That Sam Tarly travelled back in time to impregnate Lyanna Stark and is actually John Snow's father

message 34: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

But then you'd think that Jon would know a little more than nothing :P

message 35: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

That is creepy Lancer lol.

Ok, I started explaining the theory and was butchering it, so here's a link lol:

Jon Snow Name Theory

message 36: by Cupcakes & Machetes, Hybrid Creature (new)

I also would like to know, who has the time to sit around and ponder all these theories so thoroughly?? I've been into the series for a long ass time and have had plenty of my own theories, but this, this took a lot of Westeros history research to pint point all the clues.