Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Bloodline (Star Wars)
This topic is about Bloodline
57 views
Bloodline - June/July 2016 > Spoiler filled discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
This is a general discussion for people who have already read the book or do not care about spoilers


Yazir Paredes (jazzpty) | 4 comments Like a lot the Ransolm Casterfo character. Shame he had to die.


message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Wishman Nalan Yazir wrote: "Like a lot the Ransolm Casterfo character. Shame he had to die."<
Since we don't "see" him die, I'm holding out hope that we will get more Casterfo.



Jeff Vogt | 7 comments Did it bother anybody else with that chase scene towards the end of the book where Claudia had Han save Leia? Wish she would have thought of a more creative way for Leia to escape and not to have to be saved by a man.


James Floyd | 14 comments Amy wrote: "Yazir wrote: "Like a lot the Ransolm Casterfo character. Shame he had to die."<
Since we don't "see" him die, I'm holding out hope that we will get more Casterfo."


Agreed. At first, I thought he was a goner, but it's hard to keep a good character down.

Jeff wrote: "Did it bother anybody else with that chase scene towards the end of the book where Claudia had Han save Leia? Wish she would have thought of a more creative way for Leia to escape and not to have to be saved by a man. "

I felt it was a bit more Deus Ex Machina, but it was a good way to bring Han finally in. I'd say that Leia did a fair amount of saving herself just getting to the surface.


message 6: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
I think we will definitely see Casterfo again.

The rescue scene seemed a little rushed and convenient. It was cool to see Han participate a little more though


Yazir Paredes (jazzpty) | 4 comments Yes a little too Deus Ex Machina for my taste, but it makes sense as Hans was always informed by Leiah on her whereabouts.


Myles Fletcher | 5 comments Jeff wrote: "Did it bother anybody else with that chase scene towards the end of the book where Claudia had Han save Leia? Wish she would have thought of a more creative way for Leia to escape and not to have t..."

I disagree. I think the book needed a little more of the relationship that is "Han and Leia". One of the things that is still bothering me about the "NEW CANON EU" is that our beloved core characters are always conveniently elsewhere and unavailable during the books. We're only seeing one character at a time and it lacks the chemistry we all know and love. Having Han show up to help Leia in a moment of need was exactly what I've been waiting for. To say "Saved by a Man" is an over simplification of their relationship.


back to top