Contemporary YA discussion

Books Made into TV Shows > Books Made into TV Shows - not YA

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Aug 07, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
I had originally only wanted to focus on YA books into TV show, since this is a YA group. I had been calling them out on this thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This is the new folder for Adult or NA Books Made into TV Shows.

I'll be posting for upcoming TV series. If you would like to discuss "already airing" books made into TV shows - there are a ton of them, feel free to start a folder and discuss. And please let me know if I've missed any.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

The Man in the High Castle, based on Philip K. Dick’s 1962 alternate history novel, will return to Amazon for season 2 on December 16.

Season one was fabulous and I expect season two to be just as good.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Two books into movies announcements:

1. Margaret Atwood's 1996 book "Alias Grace" Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood is being adapted into a Netflix mini-series. In Canada it will air on CBD. Anna Paquin is set to star as housemaid Nancy Montgomery. Filming began on Aug. 15.

The book is based on a true story. Here is the book description:

Grace Marks has been convicted for her involvement in the vicious murders of her employer Thomas Kinnear and Nancy Montgomery, his housekeeper and mistress. Some believe Grace is innocent; others think her evil or insane. Now serving a life sentence, Grace claims to have no memory of the murders.

Dr. Simon Jordan, an up-and-coming expert in the burgeoning field of mental illness, is engaged by a group of reformers and spiritualists who seek a pardon for Grace. He listens to her story while bringing her closer and closer to the day she cannot remember. What will he find in attempting to unlock her memories? Is Grace a female fiend? A bloodthirsty femme fatale? Or is she the victim of circumstances?

Has anybody read the book? What are your thoughts?

2. I'm not sure what to think about this one. Lifetime is remaking the iconic movie "Beaches," which was based on the book by the same name by author Iris R. Dart Beaches by Iris Rainer Dart

The good news is it will star Nia Long and Idina Menzel. It will feature new versions of the iconic songs “Wind Beneath My Wings” and “The Glory of Love” performed by Menzel as well as additional songs.

I hope Lifetime can do the original movie justice. What do you think?

I'll post updates and create a files for each soon.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

The Mist by Stephen King

Spike is set to air "The Mist" based on the Stephen King novella. It will air in 2017 and stars: Morgan Spector, Frances Conroy, Alyssa Sutherland, Gus Birney, Dan Butler, Luke Cosgrove, Danica Curcic, Okezie Morro, Darren Pettie, Russell Posner and Isiah Whitlock, Jr.

I'll post a folder once we get closer to the air date.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

TNT has ordered a pilot for Let the Right One In, based on the best-selling novel by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon

For Outlander fans: David Berry has been cast in season 3 as Lord John Grey. The third season, airing in 2017, will be based on the third of the eight books in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, "Voyager."

message 7: by Andrea (new)

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

BBC One has ordered a three part series for The Miniaturist based on the best selling novel by Jessie Burton. The novel won the National Book Awards Overall Book of the Year in 2014.

No word yet if it will air in the U.S.A.

message 8: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
YAY for Outlander! I need to catch up with season 2, and the rest of the books though! Ugh, I don't like Stephen King, I'm still struggling to finish IT.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Natália wrote: "YAY for Outlander! I need to catch up with season 2, and the rest of the books though! Ugh, I don't like Stephen King, I'm still struggling to finish IT."

Ditto...I've only watched the first season of Outlander. I picked up the audiobook about 2 years ago and still haven't made time for it. I've never read a book by Stephen King, but when I was young I loved the movie Salem's Lot...I hope that's the name. I think it's been remade, I want to say with Rob Lowe, but I haven't seen it.