The Chick Lit Book Club discussion

Introduce Yourself! > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karan (new)

Karan Eleni (karaneleniwrite) | 35 comments Mod
Tell us a bit about yourself!

*Where are you from?
*What do you do?
*Are you a reader, blogger, or author? Leave a link to your blog or website (no social media or other links, please) so we can find you!
*Give us something random!
*How did you find TCLBC?

message 2: by A.M. (new)

A.M. (goodreadscomauthoramwillard) Hi!!!
First thanks for having me :)
I'm from Savannah, GA and a full time author of romance and romantic comedy. I also blog, read, and just love to be in the literary world.
I found this group from another post in a group that I'm in. My random is I have two goats and six chapters..
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authoramwill...
Twiter: https://twitter.com/AMWillard1
Of course I have more social media but this will do... Thanks again for having me :)

message 3: by Karan (new)

A.M. wrote: "Hi!!!
First thanks for having me :)
I'm from Savannah, GA and a full time author of romance and romantic comedy. I also blog, read, and just love to be in the literary world.
I found this group ..."

Hello and welcome!! What's your website? And goats? Awesome!!!

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 1 comments Hey! I'm Renee.
I found this group because you invited me Karan ;)
I'm a reader, writer and blogger. I'm currently working on my first chick lit novel. You can find me all over social media as HeySaidRenee and at my blog http://heysaidrenee.blogspot.com
I live in Darwin, Australia.
Hmm, something random ... I need to turn my phone off now because I'm at the cinema and Me Before You is about to start.

message 5: by Karan (new)

Renee wrote: "Hey! I'm Renee.
I found this group because you invited me Karan ;)
I'm a reader, writer and blogger. I'm currently working on my first chick lit novel. You can find me all over social media as HeyS..."

Hi friend!!

If you aren't following Renee's reviews, you should be. She's pretty great!

message 6: by D. (new)

D. Thrush I found this group on the Chick Lit thread. I read and write Chick Lit. It's a fun genre to write! I also write in other genres. I live in Washington state but I'm originally from Levittown, NY. Random? I'm also vegan and my daughter just started dating a guy whose mother is also vegan and an indie author. What are the odds of that?

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 5 comments Hello all! My name is Colleen. I'm from San Jose, Ca. I'm an avid reader. I pretty much will read from any genre. I used to really dislike memoirs but as I gave a few a try I have changed my opinion, as long as they are written well. I especially enjoy them an audio. I have to say my favorite genres are Chick Lit and YA though. I was so excited to find this group through Karan..thanks Karan. It is hard to find an active chick lit group right now! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi, all! I'm Karan's co-mod, just saying hello. We're looking forward to our first discussion here on Goodreads and super-excited to see new members joining us! Yay! Welcome!

message 9: by Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) (last edited Jun 21, 2016 03:09PM) (new)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 5 comments Hi Laura!! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

message 10: by Connie (new)

Connie (radioconnie) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Connie and I'm from the Detroit, MI area. I am a lifelong avid reader. My favorite genres are contemporary fiction and chick lit. Looking forward to the group discussion.

message 11: by Karan (new)

Welcome everyone!!! As Laura said, we're very excited to have new faces in the group! I'll be adding more things as time goes on. I'm finally learning the ropes of having a Goodreads group. :)

Don't forget to join the Facebook group too! (http://karaneleni.com/TCLBCFB) We have fun little chats on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!

I supposed I should do my intro also, huh?

I'm Karan Eleni. Bookworm, blogger, author, book pr/graphics/design/etc., author assistant, band manager/merch girl, book club mod/admin, constantly enhausted. My website is http://karaneleni.com. It's always a work in progress as I learn new things. :)

My random is that I grew up in the little town of Sandwich, Illinois and was uprooted and moved to Minnesota at the grand age of 16.

message 12: by Karan (new)

Colleen wrote: "Hello all! My name is Colleen. I'm from San Jose, Ca. I'm an avid reader. I pretty much will read from any genre. I used to really dislike memoirs but as I gave a few a try I have changed my opinio..."

Colleen! I'm with you. I want a memoir that reads like a story. Have you read Dangled Carat by Hilary Grossman?

message 13: by Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) (last edited Jun 22, 2016 08:41AM) (new)

Colleen (On Semi Hiatus until Jan 23) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 5 comments Karan wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Hello all! My name is Colleen. I'm from San Jose, Ca. I'm an avid reader. I pretty much will read from any genre. I used to really dislike memoirs but as I gave a few a try I have c..."

Hi Karan! No I have not read that yet is on my TBR list. It is so funny you mentioned that book because I was on Amazon literally 2 days ago contemplating whether to purchase this book because it's hard to find. But alas I purchased another. I'm definitely going to get to it though! Did you enjoy it?

message 14: by Karan (new)

Colleen wrote: "Karan wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Hello all! My name is Colleen. I'm from San Jose, Ca. I'm an avid reader. I pretty much will read from any genre. I used to really dislike memoirs but as I gave a few ..."

Yes, I loved it! It reads just like a Chick Lit novel and is amazing!

message 15: by Diane (new)

Diane Michaels | 1 comments Thanks for putting together this group! I found you by searching "chick lit" under groups.

I'm a reader/author/professional harpist/handmaiden to a mini poodle named Lola (does that count as my random detail?). I live in Bloomfield, NJ and you can also find me at dianemichaelsbooksandharp.com

Nice to meet all of you!

message 16: by Karan (new)

Diane wrote: "Thanks for putting together this group! I found you by searching "chick lit" under groups.

I'm a reader/author/professional harpist/handmaiden to a mini poodle named Lola (does that count as my ra..."

Welcome, Diane! Yes, a mini poodle is absolutely a random fact! Do you have pics on your website? I want to see Lola!!

message 17: by Clodagh (new)

Clodagh | 7 comments Hi! I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and I'm an author of romantic comedy novels as well as an avid reader of all sorts of books. I've just quit my day job to write full-time.

My website is www.clodaghmurphy.com

I came to this group from the Facebook group. Look forward to discussing chick lit books with you all!

message 18: by Karan (new)

Clodagh wrote: "Hi! I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and I'm an author of romantic comedy novels as well as an avid reader of all sorts of books. I've just quit my day job to write full-time.

My website is www.clodaghmu..."

Hi Clodagh! Congrats!! That's absolutely amazing news! :)

message 19: by Clodagh (new)

Clodagh | 7 comments Karan wrote: "Clodagh wrote: "Hi! I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and I'm an author of romantic comedy novels as well as an avid reader of all sorts of books. I've just quit my day job to write full-time.

My website ..."

Thanks! I'm very excited about it - and a bit nervous! But mainly excited and happy. :)

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments Hi, I'm from Broadalbin, New York, the friendly village in New York State's Adirondack area. I love to read a variety of genres as well as listen to audiobooks while doing mundane housework. Also like to volunteer in community. Love retirement - it gives you opportunity to try new things.

message 21: by D. (last edited Jun 23, 2016 10:45AM) (new)

D. Thrush Katie wrote: "Hi, I'm from Broadalbin, New York, the friendly village in New York State's Adirondack area. I love to read a variety of genres as well as listen to audiobooks while doing mundane housework. Also l..."

Hi Katie,
I lived in the Adirondack area years ago when I was married with small children. Such a beautiful area! I lived in the little towns of Keeseville and Willsboro. My kids were born in Plattsburg. One of my books (not Chick Lit) takes place in that area. I'm semi-retired. More time for writing! Nice to meet you!

message 22: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Hi everyone! I'm Tracy Krimmer, an author from the Midwest in the US. I write chick lit and women's fiction. I have a new book coming out on the 7th, Dating for Decades, and I have a 3-book standalone series each centering around a hobby. I have a few short stories out as well as another coming of age book.

My website is www.tracykrimmer.com and I blog on there as well.

Random? Hm. I have a sore throat right now! Does that count?

I found this group through the previous one on Facebook! Karan is awesomesauce and I want to support her in this venture! I love to read and she has some awesome picks.

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraheffernan) | 1 comments Hi,

I'm Laura.

I'm from California, but currently living in the northeast. I'm an author and freelance editor - my website for both is www.lauraheffernan.com. My debut novel, which is a romantic comedy, is coming out March 7, 2017.

My husband and I are from opposite sides of North America (California and Nova Scotia), but we met at a tiny gathering being held in Ludlow, Massachusetts (teeny town in the middle of the state), of all places. That's pretty random. :-)

I found the group while looking for groups to discuss WF/chicklit. I'm always looking for new book recommendations.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Hi everyone! I'm Ashley from Virginia. I'm currently a cashier but my goal is to go back to school to become a counselor. I'm a reader and blogger and you can find my blog, Ashleyz Wonderland, at http://www.ashleyzwonderland.wordpres.... I love banana pudding but hate bananas. I came across TCLBC on FB.

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ash2nicole) | 1 comments Hi all! I'm Ashley and currently live right outside of Denver, CO. I'm in school for Nurse Practitioner and in my spare time (so maybe it's more like procrastination time) I love reading by the pool after my runs, maybe a mimosa in hand ;)

I found this club while browsing around the Goodreads website, I usually only use the app so I was super excited to see all the cool features!
I typically tend to read a lot of murder/true crime/suspense thriller books, but I've recently read a few chick lits that I just loved! It's such a nice break from all the gore.

I'm really excited to be a part of this group!

message 26: by Karan (new)

Welcome to Christina (I miss you at work!!!), Ashley, and Ashley! So excited to have all of you here! :)

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy Scivally | 14 comments Hi. All, glad too converse today. My name is Amy and I am a reader, I joined the club because I was invited to join. This is the best club because I have read some wonderful book plus Karannand Laura are greats leaders of the club"t

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessparizek) Jess Parizek; small town Iowa girl working full time and then some for our local nationally ranked children’s hospital. I’m an avid reader; I do have a blog [ www.everydayjess.com ] that I am horrible about updating but want to be better at. I run a pretty successful Scentsy business [ really looking for a clever/easy .com for this but for now it’s http://jep.scentsy.us ] I help out a regional country music artist doing a little of everything, but my favorite job is “Swag Hag” more appropriately named Merch Girl.

I have a crazy love for my Erin Condren Life Planner, I’m incredibly proud of being a #ChunkyChick but really wish I could be a runner and healthier but eh, it just hasn’t clicked yet, so … I embrace the thick. Or at least I put on a good show that I’m comfy with myself.

message 29: by Clare (new)

Clare (tillymarie) | 2 comments Hi I'm Clare , I'm from Yorkshire in the UK , I am self employed agricultural contractor and jewellery maker, what a mix heh! , random fact , I love love Landrover defenders and my fort car was a defender , that I still own and drive 11 years after I past my test :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Clare
P.s I'm dyslexic so please accuse spelling mistakes and grammar issues X

message 30: by Clare (new)

Clare (tillymarie) | 2 comments Oh and I found you through search as was looking for a friendly chick lit group :)

message 31: by Karan (new)

Welcome Clare!! Glad to have you! :)

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele (michelebrouder) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Michele. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY but have lived in the southwest of Ireland since 2006 except for a 2 yr stint in Florida. I am a writer of YA paranormal romance and contemporary romance(romantic comedy). My website is http://www.michelebrouder.com/
Something random: I met my husband at a traditional matchmaking festival.

message 33: by Ana (new)

Ana Karollyne | 1 comments Hi! I'm Ana and I'm from Brazil but I'm currently living in the US! (Sorry for my English. I just moved in so I'm still learning!)
I found this group because I was searching a Chick Lit book club. I love this genre. It really gives us an awesome time.
I'm a compulsive reader, haha! And I'm also an author.

message 34: by Liny (new)

Liny ViGo (liny_vigo) | 1 comments Hello everyone, Im Liny or Lili im from mexico , im a co-owner of a pet boutique, Im a reader.. a renew reader , i was diagnosted with dyslexia and dysgraphia a few years ago , so i decided to start again and i began to read (because earlier in my life i was so hard for me to do it), im a sophie kinsella fan..love twenties girl , i think i found the TCLBC because you have kinsella books on the bookshelves... so it was meant to be ;), sorry if its not a very good english its not my native languange... i really hope i can find and love my next book and why not enjoy it with a friendly group.

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy Scivally | 14 comments .
Linux, you have joined a great book club. Every member is nice and sweet. I hope that you are happy with this book club!

message 36: by Jessica M. (last edited Dec 20, 2016 07:40AM) (new)

Jessica M. (jessicareneereads) Hello, I'm Jessica. I'm from Bowling Green, KY and I work as the office manager at my church. I am a reader; not a blogger or author. I am currently reading the Shopaholic series and am in the middle of "Shopaholic to the Stars". I enjoy lots of genres, but Chick Lit is probably my most favorite. I found your club by searching for Chick Lit / Sophie Kinsella. I've read almost all of her books (as well as her books written under Madeleine Wickham) and am a huge fan so I'd like to find other books and authors that are similar to her.

message 37: by Mariem (new)

Mariem | 1 comments hi, i'm Meriem. I'm from Tunisia. North-african girl ;) .i'm a crazy reader. I like all kind of genres however, one of my top 2 is romantic comedy. in real life, i'm a computer engineer with a background of mathematics and science but i always loved literature and books since my early age since it was the only way for me to spread my imagination free and live in a world with no limits.i 'm happy to say i found your club through a follower.

message 38: by Dena (new)

Dena | 2 comments Hi, I am Dena from Findlay, Ohio. I love reading, or more specifically, listening to recorded books. I have a cleaning company and it helps me to pass the time all day. I like a good variety of genres and belong to a book club to keep me reading things I may not have otherwise chosen for myself.
I only recently ran across this group and thought I would check it out.

message 39: by Dena (new)

Dena | 2 comments Hi, this is similar, but different, but I read a book many years ago you may like called "Eat Cake". Probably toned down a lot from Ms. Kinsella, but maybe give it a shot?

message 40: by Karan (new)

Hi everyone and welcome!!! For some reason, I wasn't getting notifications that you were all posting here! I think I've fixed that now. Yay! I'm getting everything ready for 2017 right now and can't wait to share it with you!! <3

message 41: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Cooke | 1 comments Hi, I'm Victoria Cooke from the UK and I'm an author.

My blog link is: https://victoriacooke10.wordpress.com/

I cried at 'Me Before You' (the book and again at the movie). I came across TCLBC on Goodreads by searching for groups involved with my favourite genre.

message 42: by Karan (new)

Victoria wrote: "Hi, I'm Victoria Cooke from the UK and I'm an author.

My blog link is: https://victoriacooke10.wordpress.com/

I cried at 'Me Before You' (the book and again at the movie). I came across TCLBC on ..."

Hi Victoria! Welcome!!!

message 43: by Tina (new)

Tina Tacey | 1 comments Hello, I'm just a crazy reader from The UK . I would love to blog or review books or something but I never seem to have any time left with everything else.
I have two children boy and girl, (6 & 4) , and I love to read and craft when I get the time which isn't as much as I would like.
I am also a talker, but I am not so great with social media. I like to chat over a cup of tea and cake!
I like all sorts of genres and came across chick lit last
January, I suffer with really bad post Xmas blues and stumbling across a Xmas chick lit made my January and meant I could snuggle up with a good festive read to keep my Xmas spirit going and then I found so many more books for all year round. I've always wanted to join a book group, but I don't necessarily have time to get out in an evening so online seemed perfect and here I am!