All About Books discussion

Readalongs > In The Shadow Of Young Girls in Flower by Marcel Proust (Raul, Petra)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Petra (new)

Petra | 3259 comments Raul and I will be starting to read Marcel Proust's In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower this coming weekend. Everyone is welcome to join in. Please do.

In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower (In Search of Lost Time, #2) by Marcel Proust

message 2: by LauraT (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13415 comments Mod
I've read the whole Researche some years ago; one of the best thing I've ever read. But not for a reread now; I'll give a look at what you think though!

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments LauraT wrote: "I've read the whole Researche some years ago; one of the best thing I've ever read. But not for a reread now; I'll give a look at what you think though!"

I haven't read it but don't want to start with book 2. But I wonder if we should try a group readalong of the whole series sometime... We could do it in a similar fashion to the Zola one...

message 4: by LauraT (new)

I've answered you in the other thread. One book every other month for next year - starting from January could be interesting. I'm already missing my Zola project with Gill and Jenny! We read together the whole Rougon-Macquart series and it took us almost three years: next month it will be the last one.

message 5: by Petra (last edited Jun 23, 2016 08:48AM) (new)

Petra | 3259 comments Since this series will be considered for a read-along in the New Year, Raul and I have decided to wait until then and start the series over. We would prefer reading the series along with everyone here.

We would love to have a large group of participants.

This read-along is postponed until the New Year.

Moderators, should we delete this thread?

message 6: by LauraT (new)

I don't tink it's necessary. It can be a place where people see we're planning for a long read next year of Proust.
What do other people say?

message 7: by Leslie (last edited Jun 24, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments LauraT wrote: "I don't tink it's necessary. It can be a place where people see we're planning for a long read next year of Proust.
What do other people say?"

I agree :)

I feel a bit guilty about Raul & Petra not reading this now but I am excited about the readalong of the whole series!

message 8: by Petra (new)

Petra | 3259 comments I'm excited about reading the series, too, Leslie.
I read the first volume a few years back and always mean to continue. It's probably best if I reread Swann's Way and it'll be super fun to read it with a group.....and then continue with the group and the series. Great times ahead!

message 9: by LauraT (new)

It will be really an interesting read together. I've read the whole series alone some years back, but this time I'm sure I'll see more things all together!