Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Speculative Fiction (a la Patrick Ness/Tahere Mafi)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Abrams | 1 comments Just found this site and OHMYGOD, this is awesome! Betas offering to read...You guys rock!

First draft of novel complete at 85,000 words, but have made a few major structural changes, and I can't tell if it's working. I was hoping someone would read the first 4 chapters (15,000 words) before I make the rounds at conferences in July.

Quick synopsis: For 17-year-old Avie Review, memory returns like an assault. Her only goals are to be free of the past and to move through life without friction. But friction is coming for Avie Review. With the tribal wars raging at the border of her state, and citizens reporting on the subversive activities of their neighbors, Avie must confront the secrets of her own history and embody an ancient tribal prophesy, or lose herself and everyone she loves all over again.

Thanks a million times over!
Jacqueline

ReadWriteLove28 | 164 comments Hello! Your manuscript sounds interesting and I'd be happy to discuss beta reading for you.

I do charge a nominal fee for my beta reading, and would be happy to discuss it more thoroughly if you're interested.

I currently have spots open for July & August.

You can check out a list of testimonials from previous clients here:
http://readwritelove28.com/testimonials/

If interested, you can contact me through my website. I look forward to hearing from you!

Nori

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 18 comments Jacqueline,

I would love to read the first 4 chapters of your novel. Currently, my beta reading services are free of charge, but if you find the feedback useful, I would appreciate a testimonial!

Please email me at stephko322@gmail.com and let me know what you would like me to focus on. I look forward to hearing from you.