What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > drafted to army, fictional, published before 2004

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Zutz | 2 comments The book is about a young man whose brother dies in war and then is later himself drafted (setting is in America). He falls in love with a nurse from the army who also later on dies.
The title to my memory have the word 'Shadow' in it.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Patricia, please put a description of your book in the title. Even if all it says is, "Read, 1980's, romance, brother dies and then mc gets drafted as well"

Even if that isn't quite right, something like that. And do you know what the genre is--coming of age, literary, romance, war?

Any memory of the cover? And when did you read it? Was it set in modern day or historical--and if historical, which war?

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Zutz | 2 comments Thanks! I'm pretty sure it was just fictional... Not 100% sure.
I think the cover had sand dunes on it possibly, it was set either in WWI or II if I remember correctly. I read it around 2005-2006

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jun 20, 2016 06:19AM) (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Angel, welcome to the site. Please create a new topic/thread for your book. To avoid confusion, we limit each topic to one book (or one book series).

Using the desktop (not mobile) website, go the group's homepage. Then click "new" where the Discussion Board starts (i.e., "topics: all | new | unread").

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38148 comments Mod
Patricia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?