Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 (Kamisama Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1
Monthly Reads > Kamisama Kiss Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2018 comments Mod
A divine comedy!

Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwillingly taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has all kinds of new responsabilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's... actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?

Discuss Kamisama Kiss here!

Cindy Molina (cindymolina) This is the second manga i ever started reading.
I watched the anime first as a recommendation of a friend .
The anime is very good and im glad i watched it but the manga is way better.

message 3: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa (mippa) | 1 comments This is one of the few manga I'm religiously following now. The anime was cute but the manga was absolutely delightful! I'm sad it'll be coming to an end soon, but I love manga with traditional Japanese folklore!

@ Melissa: I like ones based on Japanese folklore as well. What's your favorite yokai? I really like Kitsune myself, mostly because of the one in "Our Home's Fox Deity."

@ Elizabeth: Impressive. :) Who's your favorite character?

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillcomedyjunky) I like Kitsune too, mostly because of Shippo and Soushi, but I think Yuki Onnas are interesting as well.

Out of curiosity, what would you do in Nanami's situation? If some random guy made you the Kami of a small shrine and underlings and shinki, how would you react?

Mary (leafmary) | 48 comments Selena wrote: "Out of curiosity, what would you do in Nanami's situation? If some random guy made you the Kami of a small shrine and underlings and shinki, how would you react?"

Hmm well considering I'm blessed to have a very loving family, I don't know. Were I in her situation HELL YEAH I'd take the offer :P I mean you get your own fox bishie and powers and stuff ;)

Tiffany Vaughn | 27 comments I got this book yesterday from amazon and read it today. I loved it! Now I'm going to have to somehow save up for the rest of the series. I like reading manga about Japanese folklore. I don't know much about Yokai other than Yokai watch. xD But it's interesting to learn about.

Just got back into manga rather recently after a 6 year break so I joined this group to help me see what manga I could get into. So far haven't been disappointed. :)