Beyond Reality discussion

The Dragon Revenant (Deverry, #4)
This topic is about The Dragon Revenant
SERIES—List & Discussions > Deverry--THE DRAGON REVENANT aka DRAGONSPELL: Finished Reading (*SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3219 comments Mod
Here's a general topic for people who have finished reading The Dragon Revenant aka Dragonspell by Katharine Kerr.

WARNING: SPOILERS LIKELY!

message 2: by Shel, Moderator (last edited Jun 25, 2016 05:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2240 comments Mod
I finished it yesterday. I kind of missed the flashbacks to earlier lives, but the story was certainly engaging enough to keep me riveted anyway! (view spoiler)

message 3: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3219 comments Mod
Oh, I agree. I so hoped Jill would be able to love and marry Rhodry and study dweomer as well, but really, it could not be. And I am worried about the marriage Rhodry DID make--for vengeance only, not a good foundation for a partnership.

I was pleased (or maybe relieved) that Perryn found his way to a priest of Kerun and to a more healthy love with Caetha. He truly does not belong in the world of humans and elves.

I thought it was a bit surprising how easily Jill remembered being Brangwen and the details of her life.

message 4: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2240 comments Mod
That surprised me too. I thought it would take a much stronger trigger.

LaTrica | 7 comments Kathi wrote: "Oh, I agree. I so hoped Jill would be able to love and marry Rhodry and study dweomer as well, but really, it could not be. And I am worried about the marriage Rhodry DID make--for vengeance only, ..."

Perryn was such a complicated character for me. I really disliked him but was interested in his history and found his happy ending kind of sweet.

I too appreciated the ending and what it meant for Jill. I think it spoke to the importance of her development to the author. I'm really looking forward to her story.

Kerry (rocalisa) | 487 comments I find there's always something satisfying when the author ends a book in a way that is just RIGHT for the characters, even if it isn't a "happy ending" or the one the reader might want superficially. I think this is a case like that.

message 7: by Chris, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris (heroncfr) | 544 comments Mod
Totally agree, Kerry. It wasn't the ideal ending I wanted, but it was true to the characters. Very interested to see where we go next.