Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > 20th June 2016

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I'm posting early 'cuz I can't post tomorrow morning

“I thought you were some sort of maniac!” I growled.

“I am.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Looking for FRIEND in your bed.”

“He isn’t here.”

“I see that.”

Little golden sparks danced in his dark gray eyes. He looked terribly pleased with himself and slightly hungry.

I squirmed away from him, but he just clamped me tighter. It felt like fighting in a straitjacket made of heated steel. There was absolutely no give in him. Pinned by his B______ M______. I’d never live that down.

“You can let me go now,” I told him.

“Do I have your permission?”

“Yes, you do. I promise not to hurt you.”

A hint of a grin curved his mouth. He had no plans to let me go. And I couldn’t outmuscle him. Crap.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

He bobbed his head up and down, the smile like a smudge of white paint across his face.

“How did you get in?”

“I have my ways.”

The light dawned on me. He was the one who had replaced my door two months ago, because I was rather busy trying not to die. “You kept a key to my apartment. You bastard. How often do you come here?”

“Once in a while.”

“Why?”

“To check on you. Saves me the trouble of sitting by the phone waiting for your ‘come and rescue me’ calls.”

“You don’t have to be troubled: there won’t be any more calls. I’d rather die than call you.”

“That’s what worries me,” he said.

His legs pinned mine, his thighs hard like they were carved of wood. His chest pressed against my breasts. If I could turn a little to the right, my butt would slide against his groin. A little to the left and my face would end up in his neck.

“I’m not one of your subjects,” I told him. He was entirely too close, too warm, and too real. “I don’t follow your orders and I sure as hell don’t need your protection.”

“Mmhm,” he said. He apparently found my face incredibly fascinating, because he kept looking at me, at my eyes, at my mouth . . .

“Do you ever come here when I’m here?”

“Occasionally.”

“I would’ve heard you.”

“You put in twelve hours and get wiped out, and I’m very quiet.” His hold eased a little. I lay limp. That was it—lure him into a false sense of security. We weren’t that far from the night table, and under the table on the bottom shelf was a dagger.

“The HERO—my own personal stalker. Gee, every girl’s dream.”

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1249 comments Don't know it...but I'm very intrigued :-) ♥

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Don't know it...

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1153 comments Omg I think I might know this one!!!!

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments No clue.

message 6: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) Dont know.

message 7: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
No clue.

message 8: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
No clue

message 9: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments No clue

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1002 comments This would clearly not be any girl's dream, and after threatening her by holding her down like that, a self-respecting heroine would demand her key back NOW.

message 11: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I don't know this one but is sounds slightly paranormal or possibly a military hero? He's almost Ultra-Alpha.

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments Phoenix77 wrote: "I don't know this one but is sounds slightly paranormal or possibly a military hero? He's almost Ultra-Alpha."

I thought so too, but I have no idea. Curious to find out.

It's UF

message 14: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cvenable16) | 136 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "It's UF"

No clue, what is UF?

Urban Fantasy :D

message 16: by Fluteak94 (new)

Fluteak94 This sounds really good. I am trying to figure out the mechanics of their entanglement but for the life of me I can't XD Can't wait for the reveal!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments No clue?

It's Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews, the 3rd book in the series. I chose a puzzler from book 1, Magic Bites a few years ago :)

message 19: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1249 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "It's Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews, the 3rd book in the series. I chose a puzzler from book 1, Magic Bites a few years ago :)"

I had a feeling it was from this series. I started it but I'm not sure how far I went. I've liked what I've read so far. Thanks for sharing :-) ♥

My pleasure :) It's one of my favorite series, one I re-read every year or so :D

message 21: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1153 comments Haha me too Aly!! I'm due a re-read me thinks! Haven't had one in 2016 yet lol

message 22: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 365 comments I'm late to the party but I recognized the scene and the couple (rest assured, Kate, holds her own in this relationship), one of my all time favorite series. Actually, I like anything by Ilona Andrews.

Chocolatesoup wrote: "I'm late to the party but I recognized the scene and the couple (rest assured, Kate, holds her own in this relationship), one of my all time favorite series. Actually, I like anything by Ilona Andr..."

Same here :) I haven't re-read their Edge series, ever :D I need it!

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Haha me too Aly!! I'm due a re-read me thinks! Haven't had one in 2016 yet lol"

You need it :))

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)
Magic Strikes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ilona Andrews (other topics)