What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > book where Hero and Heroine are from different feuds, fall in love, get separated and meet after 11 years

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Happysoul (new)

Happysoul | 3 comments Hi,

Can anybody help me find a book with the below description?
Hero and heroine are from families which are in a feud from many years.
He is twenty four and she is 17 years .He first sees her on independence day , the both get attracted and make love in a cave. The heroines family beat up the heroes family after this and make up lies about her. Hero is heart broken and heroines leaves the town. They meet after 11 years. Hero is now a civil engineer and is building a dam in the same town . Heroine is a historian . They have a lot of spats and get married . But he mistrust her a lot and keeps on checking on her

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Happy--please put a description into your title. Since everyone in our little group is looking for the title of a book, just saying "help" doesn't get people to look at your thread. Many members only read the threads that tie into whatever genre they normally read. They also don't usually bother reading threads that just say some variation on "help", since everyone needs/wants help.

And now--having issued my moderator scold, a few questions to help shake up your little grey cells a bit.

When did you read this? Last month, last year, last decade, last millennium?

What is the genre--romance, romantic suspense, coming of age?

When was it set--was it contemporary with when you read the book, was it historical, set in the future?

Where was it set--U.S., U.K., Europe, Russia, Africa, Asia, Middle East? Big city, town, small town, village, rural?

Any memories of what the cover looked like?

Was the author male or female?

How did you find it to begin with--saw it at the library/bookstore and the cover grabbed your attention, someone you know recommended it to you, it was on a "our staff recommends" shelf, it was a gift to you, you were "grazing" the shelves and the back/inside blurb grabbed your attention?

message 3: by Happysoul (new)

Happysoul | 3 comments Hi Anna,

Thanks for your suggestions. I modifed the title so that it can be more descriptive .

To answer your questions

It is contemporary . I read it in 2005 and the book is writtedn in 1990's i thnk. I grabbed it from a nearby library when the description caught my interest .Not sure where it is set. but the author is a male

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Happysoul, does the book refer to the heroine's job as something other than an "historian"? What exactly does she do?

message 5: by Happysoul (new)

Happysoul | 3 comments kris ,
i dont remember exactly. She comes back to the town to gather data on the feud between the families . She meets people from both sides to hear their version. the hero(grudgingly) agrees to help her to meet his family in this process .

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Happysoul, are you still looking for this or did you find it?