Star Trek Reads discussion

Enterprise > Enterprise books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 79 comments Is anyone other than me reading the books for the Enterprise series? I just read book 4 Rise of the Federation: The Project by Christopher Bennett.

Since there are so many Star Trek books these days, I limit myself to original ST, ST Voyager and Enterprise. While the Enterprise TV series didn't work very well for me (it was ok), these novels of how the Federation was started and what events led to rules such as the prime directive, are well done.

Usually, with all the trek books out there, I don't write a review, but this one I felt the need to do so. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 2: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 17 comments I haven't read any books from the Enterprise series yet, I've been reading mostly DS9, Voyager, and TNG. Your review sounds interesting so I may look into this series.

message 3: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 42 comments This series is definitely one to read as Star Trek fans and as especially Enterprise fans. It spreads out the Enterprise characters to separate ships and situations while allowing new characters to be introduced. We've reviewed these books on the Literary Treks podcast. Here's the episode for Live by the Code: http://trek.fm/literary-treks/?offset...

message 4: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 79 comments Bruce wrote: "This series is definitely one to read as Star Trek fans and as especially Enterprise fans. It spreads out the Enterprise characters to separate ships and situations while allowing new characters to..."

thanks.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (brokencompass) | 151 comments Mod
I've been slowly working my way through the Enterprise books. I started way back with Broken Bow, and a few weeks ago finished To Brave the Storm. I thought it was an interesting read, with a lot of background on the Romulan war. It was jut SO MUCH info at once that it was a bit of a slog to get through the Romulan War duology.

Am looking forward to Rise of the Federation! :)

message 6: by George (new)

George | 4 comments I have only read one book of the Enterprise series, but I did enjoy it. I have all of the books in the Romulan War and Rise of The Federation series, but just have not had time to read them yet. I am going to try to get to them soon, though.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (lalaithan) | 2 comments I'm enjoying The Good That Men Do so far, but it's my first Enterprise book.