Play Book Tag discussion

The Crossing (Harry Bosch, #18; Harry Bosch Universe, #27)
This topic is about The Crossing
Archive: Other Books > The Crossing by Michael Connelly - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2216 comments Newly retired from the LAPD, Harry Bosch teams up with his half-brother, defense attornedy Mickey Haller, to prove the innocence of Haller's client, a former gang member charged with a brutal murder. The victim was an assisstant city manager and her husband is a high-ranking policeman which has given the case intense media interest. Harry is not comfortable working for 'the other side' but his rationale is that if Haller's client is innocent then there is a guilty party still on the loose and Harry will do whatever he can to change that.

Harry figures out rather quickly that there is more than one killer, especially when other people are killed that are on the periphery of the investigation. Unfortunately for Harry, it is very possible that the 2 murderers are affiliated with law enforcement and now that Harry is working for the defense, his former colleagues are none too happy about helping Bosch with anything. As he closes in on the truth, Harry's own life is on the line as the killers want no loose ends.

This was another great Harry Bosch novel and it is always a treat to have Mickey Haller along for the ride. They do make a good team although they are often at odds over defense and prosecution. I certainly hope there will be more from Connelly with the half-brothers working together.

Margaret (margarette) | 321 comments I also love when Bosch and Haller are together.

annapi | 5068 comments me too!