Perustopia Book Club discussion

BOOKS LOST IN TRANSLATION

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments Have you ever felt in love with some writer or book that is not published in your country?
I'm from Italy and there is no book from Victoria Schwab published here and that's outrageous!
Do you have a book or a writer you wish was published more in your country?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hermawan (ashleyhermawan) | 40 comments A lot of books, in fact too many to list down

message 3: by Reem (new)

Reem (rmoustafa) | 114 comments All the books. I live in Egypt and so it's really difficult to find books here soon to the release. Sometimes you have to wait a really long time to get them in a physical copy and it's so annoying. I can't think of one on the top of my head but I I can't count how many times i've gone to a bookstore and the book isn't even there.

imashamedofmyoldreviews (pleasedontjudgeme_ichanged) I live in India and people hardly even know about TFIOS yet, let alone ToG, PJO, ACOTAR, TWaTD, etc. There is literally no one to share stuff with and I have to read e-books. Not that there's anything wrong with them but I kinda miss the smell and feel of paper books.

message 5: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments BookishSerendipity wrote: "I live in India and people hardly even know about TFIOS yet, let alone ToG, PJO, ACOTAR, TWaTD, etc. There is literally no one to share stuff with and I have to read e-books. Not that there's anyth..."
I feel your pain it's so annoying !!

message 6: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments TheBookFangirl101 wrote: "All the books. I live in Egypt and so it's really difficult to find books here soon to the release. Sometimes you have to wait a really long time to get them in a physical copy and it's so annoying..."
I can't understand why book that are not as good as other get to be published in other country, so many beautiful series are left out !!

message 7: by Huslen (new)

Huslen | 45 comments I live in Mongolia and the only books people know about are mostly THG, Twilight, HP and gladly Millennium.

message 8: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments Huslen wrote: "I live in Mongolia and the only books people know about are mostly THG, Twilight, HP and gladly Millennium."
God... now I feel lucky!

description

imashamedofmyoldreviews (pleasedontjudgeme_ichanged) Huslen wrote: "I live in Mongolia and the only books people know about are mostly THG, Twilight, HP and gladly Millennium."

People only know HP, Twilight is rarer and Roald Dahl is still famous.

message 10: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments I buy most of my books from book depository or amazon, but I wish they were translated so I could talk about them with my friends.