Play Book Tag discussion

White Dog (Jack Irish, #4)
This topic is about White Dog
Archive: Other Books > White Dog - Peter Temple - ★★★★

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments Ahhhh. Peter Temple. He is my comfort writer. You know when you eat a dish that makes you feel safe and secure in the world? Well that's how reading a Jack Irish novel makes me feel. There is so much about the series that I love. It is set in very familiar places in my home town, and the characters are realised perfectly. So Australian. Jack is a fabulous character that I have learned to adore over the four novels in the series. I love his wit, his dialogue, his flaws, and his culinary ability. The cast of characters he interacts with are equally endearing to me. I'm sad to think that this might be the last I read of him. Fingers crossed that he will be back, or else the series may need to be re-read, a rare occurance for me. I listened to this one in audio and really enjoyed the performance, probably equally as much as I have enjoyed reading the print versions of the previous installments. A word of warning - steer clear if swearing is not your thing.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5068 comments Never heard of this series before, and it sounds intriguing! I will have to give it a try.