Play Book Tag discussion

All Our Yesterdays
This topic is about All Our Yesterdays
June, 2016: Fantasy > All Our Yesterdays - Christin Terrill - ★★

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments Ugh. What a let down! Based on the barrage of positive reviews I thought this was going to be fabulous, and it just didn't float my boat. I reserve one star reviews for books that I gave a good shot but couldn't finish, so this gets a two because it kept me interested enough to finish it, but only by a thread. I nearly threw in the towel but I thought it would get better, and then once I was half way I dug my heels in as I had invested too much time to give up. I wish I had moved on!

What I didn't like. The character development seemed really weak to me. There was no depth. The writing was simplistic. Everything. I didn't like everything. I'm not a stranger to YA fiction, and I sometimes like it, but this was just too young adulty for me.

What I did like. Um, nothing.

Being a Star Trek fan I am very familiar with space time continuum conundrums and paradoxes. I don't think the time travel aspect of All Our Yesterdays was particularly suspenseful or complex.

I'm wondering if my experience of this book may have been improved if I had have listened to the audio instead. I'm honestly a little stunned as to why so many people have rated it so highly.

Nicole D. | 1490 comments oh too bad. I liked this, but had very low expectations

Susie | 4488 comments Nicole, I really think it may have been better in audio.

Nicole D. | 1490 comments probably! I was thinking that too