Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2016 Challenge Archive > 2016 July Word Hunt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 July 2016

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

0-3 words : better luck next time
3-5 words : warming up
6-8 words : getting hotter
9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

July
alcohol/ic
collide
curve
fence
gamble
haircut
horse
purple
swing
twelve

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

buffet
grain
messenger
orphanage
unit

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2016 12:46AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Example post:

Word Hunt - January
1 Jan - 31 Jan 2015

Word found: 10/10
Book completed: 7

Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
bowl
Undertow √ 4 Jan
bartender, king, mourning
Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
champagne, molasses
Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
diary
Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
blood
Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
grandmother
Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
dreamed

1. BARTENDER - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p113 - (Which was Sunday and Monday - Saturday was a busy night on the bartender/club scene.
2. CHAMPAGNE - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p180-181 - The doorman greeted him inside the foyer and waved his past - no need to check the guest list for his name - and he grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and looked around.
3. BOWL Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
p11 - "Another hippy bloke selling hand-turned bowls and crap like that."
4. KING - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p48 - Roan was the king of the jungle, and he should have no problem subduing cats; it was shat he did, sometimes without intention.
5. DREAM - Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
LOC 756: I'd never have dreamed just holding a person's hand could be such a turn on.
6. MOURN - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p262 - Because, come to think about it, you could confuse remorse for mourning, especially in a naturally depressed person.
7. GRANDMOTHER - Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
p98-99 - "... He put your grandmother on a pedestal until the day she died. ..."
8. DIARY - Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
p231 - Alexi took the diary, opened it, and held it in front of my eyes.
9. MOLASSES - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p217 - "You move like molasses, my pet."
10. BLOOD - Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
p46-47: Lee shivered, overwhelmed by the attraction simmering in his blood.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2016 12:47AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Tips for finding words - courtesy of Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Using Google books:
~Go here https://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&...
~Type in the name of your book
~Select your book
~On the left about midway down there will be a search bar, type your word in there.

Couple of things you need to know...
~you need to check every variety of the word you want so, let's say GROUP doesn't show up you would also need to type in GROUPS/ED/ING
~Unfortunately, 99% of the books on Google does not list page numbers (at least in my experience)

Using Amazon:
~You search for your book
~Once on your book page make sure you are on a version that is paperback or hardcover (Kindle editions will not work)
~On the left there will be a picture of your book and it should have "Search Inside" above it
~Click on the book and the search bar will be inside

You will not need to search separately for plurals but you will still need to search separately for -ed and -ing

You can also search for words in all the books loaded on your Kindle.

On the home page, use the 'search' function.
~ type in the word and select 'search my items'.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2016 12:49AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

Completed: 0/10
Bonus: 0/5

alcohol/ic
collide
curve
fence
gamble
haircut
horse
purple
swing
twelve

Bonus words:
buffet
grain
messenger
orphanage
unit

message 5: by GreenEyedTigerCub (last edited Jul 28, 2016 03:37AM) (new)

GreenEyedTigerCub Verhoeven July

alcohol/ic Storm, July 13
Loc 162, J had lived with an alcoholic parent and had no tolerance for drinking to excess.

collide Unbreakable, July 15
Loc 77, I scrambled to my feet then collided in Scotty's strong chest.

curve Storm, July 13
Loc 1288, Another moment passed between us, with him deliberating over something and then he let out a huge breath, curved his palm around my neck and pulled me to him in a hug.

fence Deep Redemption, July 28
Loc 71, Land protected by a large perimeter fence.

gamble Unbreakable, July 16
Loc 1285, "Skittles are too good to be gambled with."

haircut Storm, July 13
Loc 2037, He was tall with dark hair that was a little long, kind of like he just needed a good haircut, but I liked the ruggedness of it.

horse Providence Trilogy Bundle - "Eden", July 10
Loc 14357, Kim squeezed my hand when we passed two statues of knights on horses, flying flags and proclaiming victory over the land.

purple Providence Trilogy Bundle - "Eden", July 8
Loc 11115. Splatters of pinks and purples had just breached the windows, and the rain had all but left us for the bigger island, reduced to droplets.

swing He Found Me, July 4
Loc 312, Rosa allowed me a small smile before swinging an arm around my shoulders.

twelve Montgomery Ink Box Set- "Ink reunited", July 27
Page 155, "I just finished my first piece with Shep, but he's planning number two. I think it'll be a while before I get to it though. I want to make sure I don't go crazy and get twelve tats in twelve months."

Bonus words

buffet Trust Me?, July 1
Loc 457, I walk down the hallway and put my keys and handbag on the buffet.

grain Providence Trilogy Bundle - "Eden", July 10
Loc 13521, "You brought your gun? Worried the grain of sand would shell?" I smiled.

messenger He Found Me, July 4
Loc 387, Loading some fresh towels ad toiletries into my messenger bag, I glanced at my watch.

orphanage Red Hot Alphas - "Somebody to love", July 2
Loc 3496, That was weird "Were you in an orphanage or something?"

unit He Found Me, July 4
Loc 609, Julian moved to the frames hung next to the shelving unit, the only personal photos I kept in the apartment.

Trust Me? (The Trust Me? Trilogy, #1) by K.E. Osborn Red Hot Alphas by Jo Raven He Found Me (He Found Me, #1) by Whitney Barbetti Providence Trilogy Bundle (Providence, #1-3) by Jamie McGuire Storm (Storm MC, #1) by Nina Levine Unbreakable (Forehead Kisses, #1) by Abby Reynolds Ink Reunited (Montgomery Ink, #0.6) by Carrie Ann Ryan Deep Redemption (Hades Hangmen, #4) by Tillie Cole

message 6: by Loriidae (last edited Jul 17, 2016 04:22AM) (new)

Loriidae | 415 comments July word hunt 9/10

alcohol/ic
Damian #1 Stone Warriors Paranormal Jul 3 ★★★✰✰
"It was one of the oldest alcoholic beverages in the history of man " (43%)
collide
Magic Bleeds #4 Kate Daniels Paranormal Jul 15 ★★★★★
"I dashed through the gates into the lobby and nearly collided with the Clerk." (18%)
curve
Wild Things #7.75 Shiftters Unbound Paranormal Jul 5 ★★★★★
"...the familiarity of the guitar’s curve on her leg..." (91%)
fence
White Tiger #8 Shiftters Unbound Paranormal Jul 6 ★★★★★
"A length of split-rail fence loomed up out of the darkness..." (17%)
gamble
The Unexpected Duchess #1 Playful Brides Regency Jul 4 ★★★★✰
“I gamble only upon occasion, and I’m hardly dissolute.” (35%)
haircut
horse
"That thought rode her brain like a horse winning at the Ascot....." (32%)
purple
"She shook her head and reached for a cluster of dark purple grapes."(61%)
swing
Wild Things #7.75 Shiftters Unbound Paranormal Jul 5 ★★★★✰
"... a porch swing hung near the front door..." (46%)
twelve
"she guessed there was a good twelve feet of free fall waiting for her." (4%)

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews - Damian (Stone Warriors, #1) by D.B. Reynolds - The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides, #1) by Valerie Bowman - Wild Things (Shifters Unbound, #7.75) by Jennifer Ashley - White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8) by Jennifer Ashley

Bonus 4/5
buffet
Magic Bleeds #4 Kate Daniels Paranormal Jul 15 ★★★★★
"into an “all you can eat” buffet." (25%)
grain
All About Love #5 Cynsters Regency Jul 15 ★★★★★
"It went seriously against her grain to let him trifle with her and escape retribution." (8%)
messenger
All About Love #5 Cynsters Regency Jul 15 ★★★★★
"That I believe will be Devil's messenger." (86%)
orphanage
unit
"Ducking outside, she made a dash for the big air-conditioning unit and hunkered down in its shadow...." (3%)

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews - All About Love (Cynster, #6) by Stephanie Laurens - Damian (Stone Warriors, #1) by D.B. Reynolds

June roll over bonus words 0/1
Lollipop

message 7: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Jul 30, 2016 06:11AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1079 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 July 2016

9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter! (9 as of 07.30.2016)

alcohol/ic~ one alcholoic beverage pg 217~Devoted in Death, j.d. robb...finished~07.04.2016

fence~ climb on a paddock fence pg 103~ Tall Tail, rita mae brown...finished~07.16.2016

gamble~ he didn't gamble pg 55~ Devoted in Death, j.d. robb...finished~07.04.2016

haircut~spent money on a good haircut pg 71~ Tall Tail, rita mae brown...finished~07.16.2016

horse

purple~ faded to soft purpleTall Tail, rita mae brown...finished~07.16.2016

swing~ he had been hit by the swing(s) pg ?
You Bet Your Life, jessica fletcher...finished~07.24.2016 (amazon search is not working)

twelve~ and that had been twelve years ago pg ? You Bet Your Life, jessica fletcher...finished~07.24.2016 (amazon search is not working)

Bonus

buffet
grain
messenger
orphanage
unit

message 8: by Calila (last edited Jul 16, 2016 04:28PM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments 15/15

Alcohol/ic - Misinformation 07/03/16 ★★★★★
LOC 418 - "He couldn't blame the alcohol."

Collide - Spurs 07/01/16 ★★★★★
LOC 4149 - "His warm fingers caressed over the skin, kneading the muscles that had collected with blood and lay motionless in time to that day when our worlds collided."

Curve - Snakes Among Sweet Flowers 07/05/16 ★★★★★
LOC 863 - "But then Cam noticed the top curls of an old lady hairdo peeking above the curve of the steering wheel."

Fence - Snakes Among Sweet Flowers 07/05/16 ★★★★★
LOC 579 - "H-he doesn't like feeling fenced in, you know?"

Gamble - Spurs 07/01/16 ★★★★★
LOC 4357 - "It was a gamble, but I was willing to take it."

Haircut - Summer Son 07/04-05/16 ★★★★★
LOC 1156 - "The haircut could wait."

Horse - Misinformation 07/03/16 ★★★★★
LOC 1630 - "Deirdre had started coffee when he got up, seemingly unaffected by having drunk enough gin to knock out a horse."

Purple - Spurs 07/01/16 ★★★★★
LOC 3765 - "They freaked over a rainbow one, they'll be throwing parties in your honor if you throw up a pink, purple, and blue one."

Swing - Happy Endings 07/02/16 ★★★
PAGE 95 - "Monty leaped up to the first rung of the inverted ladder, reaching hand over hand to swing across the length, making sure it was stable."

Twelve - Playing with Fire 07/08-09/16 ★★★★★
LOC 912 - "And I've fancied you for less than twelve hours—not counting those daft eight weeks when we were thirteen."

Bonus:
Buffet - Playing with Fire 07/08-09/16 ★★★★★
LOC 3248 - "A guy in the buffet queue said the haggis was really good."

Grain - Happy Endings 07/02/16 ★★★
PAGE 42 - "Georgia sat in the chair like a sack of grain."

Messenger - Enlightened 07/04/16 ★★
LOC 75 - "His black canvas messenger bag was thrown into the corner, and from the way he was sweating, it looked like he'd been in here for a while."

Orphanage - Their Reason 07/15/16 ★★★★
LOC 199 - "He would have a family name, not some generic label give to him in an orphanage."

Unit - Playing with Fire 07/08-09/16 ★★★★★
LOC 150 - "Since everyone considered them an inseparable unit, they'd been photographed together instead of singly."

Covers:(view spoiler)

message 9: by Rachel C. (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:03PM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments Word Hunt: July
Duration: July 1 - July 31, 2016

Completed: 10 / 10 ( + 5 / 5)

alcohol/ic - Unraveled - 7/3
  "'Alcohol was involved and she slept with a guy dressed up like Mr. Universe.'"
  (pg. 291)

collide - Driven to Temptation
  "Then her head collided with a muscled shoulder." (Loc. 1328)

curve - Devil in Winter - 7/2
  "Sebastian felt his lips curve with his first real smile in a long time." (pg. 5)

fence - Midnight Crossroad - 7/6
  "A pebble path ran the short distance to the rutted driveway, which led past the chapel
  to the gate in the fence surrounding the pet cemetery." (pg.62)

gamble - Magic Burns - 7/7
  "It was a gamble. I watched for his reaction and got it: he hesitated." (pg. 97)

haircut - Bone Crossed - 7/14
  "I didn't know why I answered, other than the old "shave and a haircut" involuntary
  response." (pg. 63)

horse - Midnight Crossroad - 7/6
  "'Your sure it was a human being? Not a deer or horse?'" (pg. 99)

purple - Unraveled - 7/3
  "The reflection in the mirror showed busted blood vessels in one eye, and the skin
  surrounding the other one was purple." (pg. 328)

swing - Midnight Crossroad - 7/6
  "...she got behind the man Manfred was fighting and laid into the middle of his back
  with a formidable swing." (pg. 144)

twelve - Magic Burns - 7/7
  "The vamp leaped onto the nearest pine and perched twelve feet off the ground..." (pg. 141)

Bonus:

buffet - Devil in Winter - 7/2
  "Whereas other clubs served the eternal beefsteak and apple tart, the lavish buffet
  at Jenner's..." (pg. 341)

grain - Devil in Winter - 7/2
  "'Shave with the grain, in the direction the hair grows...'" (pg. 129)

messenger - Of Neptune - 7/11
  "So when Antonis sent another messenger to Reder, I decided to take advantage of it."
  (pg. 253)

orphanage - Protector - 7/18
  "I couldn't give them up for adoption or let them be placed in an orphanage." (pg. 51)

unit - Unraveled - 7/3
  "'Then my... unit, for a lack of a better term...'" (pg. 295)

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Unraveled (Mastered, #3) by Lorelei James Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3) by Anna Banks Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Protector (Long, Tall Texans, #37) by Diana Palmer Driven to Temptation by Melia Alexander

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20264 comments I'm in! Some of those words look hard! You never know though...

message 11: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:45AM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments July Word Hunt

15/15 found

alcohol/ic - Winning Bracket ~ 7/6/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ All normal rules regarding alcohol will be strictly... ~ Loc. 1093
collide - Beta Test ~ 7/14/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...as their lips collided, a happy noise... ~ Loc. 1165
curve - Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits ~ 7/4/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ The corridors tended to curve and split often... ~ Loc. 184
fence - Family Unit ~ 7/12/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...heard music drifting over the fence where a white... ~ Loc. 1164
gamble - Winning Bracket ~ 7/6/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...and he didn't need to gamble to know he'd hit the jackpot. ~ Loc. 1732
haircut - After Ben ~ 7/13/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...told him to get a haircut, something Theo's... ~ Audiobook Chapter 10 at 28:20.
horse - Family Unit ~ 7/12/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...and he keeps a couple of horses. ~ Loc. 3297
purple - Family Unit ~ 7/12/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...his hand started to form purple bruises. ~ Loc. 1771
swing - Catch a Tiger by the Tail ~ 7/2/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...grabbing Cael to swing him around and kiss him. ~ Loc. 699
twelve - Catch a Tiger by the Tail ~ 7/2/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ Another twelve- hour shift and... ~ Loc. 212

Bonus words:
buffet - Winning Bracket ~ 7/6/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...with the buffet set up in the dining room. ~ Loc. 1638
grain - Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits ~ 7/4/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ The one with hair like ripened grain used words... ~ Loc. 979
messenger - Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits ~ 7/4/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ ...would never blame him as the messenger, but Liam... ~ Loc. 990
orphanage - Undiluted ~ 7/31/16 ~ ★★★1/2 ~ ...the orphanage where he'd grown up. ~ Loc. 375
unit - Catch a Tiger by the Tail ~ 7/2/16 ~ ★★★★ ~ It had taken several Therian agents from Unit Alpha to break up the fight. ~ Loc. 1284

message 12: by Dena (last edited Jul 27, 2016 06:09PM) (new)

Dena (detours27) | 52 comments July 10/10

Alcoholic Everything by Erin Noelle 7/4 4*
Location 2232: Even though he still used the traditional dark colors and lighting from his training, it was rejected by the Paris Salon because he had used an alcoholic as his subject, which, back then, it was unheard of to depict a moral degenerate or to socially discredit a person in a work of art, and also because he purposely left some of the brushstrokes visible in places.

Fence Everything by Erin Noelle 7/4 4*
Location 503: Average hieght and weight, he sported one of those dirty blond man-buns that I was still on the fence about, had thick, black-rimmed glasses that framed striking blue eyes, and wore a trendy jeans paired with a paisley button down shirt and a brown wool coat, and wait for it....penny loafers.

Gamble Unhidden by Dina Given 7/7 4*
Location 132: "Actually, Darko, I don't like to gamble, so I think I'm going to change the game."

Haircut Unhidden by Dina Given 7/7 4*
Location 518: The first day I had met him, he was wearing a World Of Warcraft T-shirt, playing Xboxin the dingy basement, and in desperate need of a haircut.

horse Everything by Erin Noelle 7/4 4*
Location 2942: Apparently, Mom's horse had an agenda of his own and had taken off, galloping down some street with her on him, and the guide had to go save her.

Collide American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location 1124: Our tongues gently collide and I run my hand up her back until I reach her hair.

curve American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location 630: It's not like I want to notice the curve of his tight ass and the bulge of his....

Purple American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location 520: Parsons turns a shade of purple usually reserved for eggplants and stroke victims.

Swing American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location761: Hey, if you need good old Captain America to do a public service talk with your boy, swing him by here sometime.

Twelve American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location 151: Even now, twelve years of looking into them i'm unable to look away.

Bonus 4/5
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

Buffet Ryker by Geri Glenn 7/10
Pg. 106: He licks and sucks and nips at my clit like a starving man at an all you can eat buffet.

Grain Waiting on Us by Amy Miles 7/27 4*
Location 1460: Sinking down onto the chair, I ran my fingers along the grain of the wood.

Messenger Everything by Erin Noelle 7/4 4*
Location 509: Snickering, I hoisted my messenger bag back up on my shoulder from where it had slid from and shook my head.

orphanage
Unit American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland 7/3
Location 289: However, I'd always thought he would join a local unit and that we'd still have out life here in Colorado.

American Bad Boy A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland Everything by Erin Noelle Unhidden (The Gatekeeper Chronicles, Book 1) by Dina Given Ryker (Kings of Korruption MC #1) by Geri Glenn Waiting on Us by Amy Miles

message 13: by Andrea (last edited Jul 26, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments I'm in!

12/10+

alcohol/ic - Five Times My Best Friend Kissed Me - Jul5 - 5*
"That, or there's enough alcohol in them that no one cares." (Kindle LOC 409)
collide - Beyond the Sea - Jul10 - 5*
He stared at the metal, hearing the shriek of it as they'd collided with the side of the cliff. (Kindle LOC 1236)
curve - The Mermaid Murders - Jul14 - 5*
Kennedy wasn't exactly smiling, but his mouth had a wry curve. (Kindle LOC 1499)
fence - Family Jewels - Jul16 - 5*
In a way, that was what his world had always been about too, but after he met Luke and realized there were other things, things that were more important, it was almost as if he couldn't see the other side of the fence anymore. (Kindle LOC 2941)
gamble - Finding Family - Jul17 - 4*
I gambled and lost big. (Kindle LOC 1147)
haircut - The Biggest Scoop - Jul17 - 2*
I didn't need a haircut. (Kindle LOC 2719)
horse - Heartstrings - Jul18 - 5*
Though they wwere called Keys To The Old Horse back then. (Kindle LOC 230)
purple - What About Now - Jul21 - 3*
It was almost purple. (Kindle LOC 4175)
swing - The Harvest Young: Bound by Fate - Jul15 - 4*
He dropped his head, letting his hair swing forward, covering his face. (Kindle LOC 416)
twelve - Bye-Bye Birdie - Jul19 - 4*
What kind of couple stayed engaged for twelve years? (Kindle LOC 63)

Bonus words

buffet - How to Wish Upon a Star - Jul23 - 5*
He headed for the buffet table. (Kindle LOC 642)
grain
messenger
orphanage
unit - Dinner for One - Jul26 - 4*
The way they'd naturally known where each other was in the kitchen, never getting in the way but always functioning as a smooth unit. (Kindle LOC 2071)

message 14: by JoAnne (last edited Jul 11, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

JoAnne | 1062 comments I'm in again!

Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

Completed: 10/10
Bonus: 5/5

alcoholic Only with You Lauren Layne 7/2/16 p. 14 She’s spent the past few years being a barfly and giving us heart palpitations worrying about her getting shot up by some alcoholic motorcycle ruffians.

collide Revel Alison Ryan 7/2/16 LOC 963-964 Displaying the focus that made him an all-county wide receiver in high school, Declan attempted to change direction as the wind made the ball dip, and he reached full extension – only to collide with a defensive back.

curve All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 256 All life's curve balls didn't always result in black eyes.

fence All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 197 Fortunately, Olivia thought again, Maritza didn't realize Olivia was playing both sides of the fence.

gamble Melting into You Tracey Alvarez 7/6/16 Loc 5265 To gamble that he wouldn’t let her down?

haircut Taken by Love Melissa Foster 7/4/16 p. 224 Her gray hair still held the fresh curl of a new haircut that framed her round, friendly face.

horse Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 58 Deacon’s mother, Priscilla, goes on a rampage through every one of Jack’s known haunts: the White Horse Tavern, Milano’s, 169, Blarney Stone.

purple Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 230 The can was amethyst purple, and in pink, girly cursive, it said Skinny4Life.

swing Lovers At Heart Melissa Foster 7/3/16 “Don’t forget, you said you’d do the after-party swing tonight. Lovers at Heart (p. 33)

twelve Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 11 But the M.E. put the time of death about twelve hours earlier—so maybe seven or eight o’clock last night.

Bonus words:
buffet
All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 180 Sam removed a remote control wand from a drawer in the buffet and handed it to Bob.

grain Justified Deception Patricia Watters 7/4/16 Loc 164 And in another, Annie was slung over her father's shoulders like a sack of grain, Annie making a silly face at the camera.

messenger Don't Let Go Michelle Lynn 7/7/16 Loc 191 Digging into my messenger bag, I realize I forgot my iPod back in my room.

orphanage The Apple Orchard Susan Wiggs 7/11/16 p. 323 When my grandmother died half a year later, I was sent to a church orphanage.

unit Sisters in Love Melissa Foster 7/3/16 p. 183 — a worn, green couch with a dark blue throw across the back cushions, a coffee table, and a scratched, wooden shelving unit that looked like it had seen better days.

message 15: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jul 27, 2016 05:38PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Ooh some good ones here...

15/15 FOUND

✔alcohol/ic - What Happens in London - Julia Quinn 7/3
(the alcohol had not caused his body to grow fat), p5

✔collide - Menagerie - Rachel Vincent 7/6
(and collided with what felt like a hollow wall), p329

✔curve - Forged by Desire - Bec McMaster 7/2
(the curve of his muscled arse), p81

✔fence - Forged by Desire - Bec McMaster 7/2
(twining around each bar of the fence), p47

✔gamble - Forged by Desire - Bec McMaster 7/2
(do you gamble?), p249

✔haircut - Stiletto - Daniel O'Malley 7/14
(can you book me for a haircut), p105

✔horse - What Happens in London - Julia Quinn 7/3
(that horse race in the park), p61

✔purple - Allegiance of Honor - Nalini Singh 7/3
(surrounded by purple blooms), p52

✔swing - Allegiance of Honor - Nalini Singh 7/3
(as well as swings in the area), p10

✔twelve - What Happens in London - Julia Quinn 7/3
(I was twelve. Twelve!), p228

EXACT
✔buffet - Stamped Out - Terri Thayer 7/4
(the line at the buffet was three deep), p192

✔grain - What Happens in London - Julia Quinn 7/3
(anyone with a grain of sense), p220

✔messenger - What Happens in London - Julia Quinn 7/3
(a messenger from the War Office), p32

✔orphanage - Menagerie - Rachel Vincent 7/6
(in a prison-like orphanage), p261

✔unit - Allegiance of Honor - Nalini Singh 7/3
(a tightly integrated unit), p58

Forged by Desire (London Steampunk, #4) by Bec McMaster Allegiance of Honor (Psy-Changeling #15) by Nalini Singh What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) by Julia Quinn Stamped Out (A Stamping Sisters Mystery, #1) by Terri Thayer Menagerie (Menagerie, #1) by Rachel Vincent Stiletto (The Checquy Files, #2) by Daniel O'Malley

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 16: by Tammie (last edited Jul 24, 2016 08:12PM) (new)

Tammie | 1634 comments July Word Hunt-Going for Champion Hunter!

Found:
9/10

✔7/15 alcohol/ic: Easy with You, Ebook, page 51, ...I'm not an alcoholic pothead or an irresponsible woman without a maternal bone in her body.”

✔7/8 collide: Hillbilly Rockstar, Kindle 23%, 89 of 396 Her hand stilled and their gazes collided.

✔7/10 curve: Treat with Caution, Kindle 2%, loc 268 of 11522 Hands in the pockets of her stone-colored shorts, she’d dropped a hip and it accentuated the curve of her waist…

✔7/10 fence: Treat with Caution, Kindle 13%, loc 1544 of 11522 A fence ran around his garden, shielding them from his neighbors,…

✔7/24 gamble: A Beautiful Wedding, Kindle 7%, 77 of 147, “And I promise to never enter another fight, drink in excess, gamble or throw a punch in anger . . .

✔7/3 haircut: Blood Money, Kindle 7%, 15 of 161 A haircut was beyond overdo, but time was a lost commodity for most of them on the force.

✔7/12 horse: Lace & Lead, Kindle 39%, loc 717 of 1845 Watching her as she tried to shop carrots to give to the horses: "Miss Gregson, please...

✔7/6 purple: Treat her Right, Kindle 64%, loc 7448 of 11522 Tasha had opened one of the bags and lifted out Maisey’s favorite silver scarf, a purple mini skirt, and two snaplock bags…

✔7/3 swing: Blood Money, Kindle 45%, 74 of 161 The city had yet to come to life, but it would be in full swing within a few hours.

✔7/15 twelve: Easy with You, Ebook, page 75, "She's been dead for roughly twelve hours.”

Bonus-Found: 5/5

✔7/8 buffet:
Hillbilly Rockstar, Kindle 34%, 133 of 396 ”If you’ll excuse me, I need to eat before they tear down the buffet."

✔7/10 grain: Treat with Caution, Kindle 11%, loc 1319 of 11522 ”…It goes against the grain to dress for someone other than myself."

✔7/8 messenger: Hillbilly Rockstar, Kindle 1%, 3 of 396 ”Don’t snap at the messenger,” Crash cautioned.

✔7/6 orphanage: Treat Her Right, Kindle 63%, loc 7341 of 11522 ”Mummy yelled and told us if we didn’t help, she’d send us to an orphanage," Ethan revealed.

✔7/3 unit: Blood Money, Kindle 43%, 71 of 161 ”I’ll send a protection unit to your place."

Easy with You (With Me in Seattle, #8.5) by Kristen Proby Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6) by Lorelei James Treat with Caution (Treats to Tempt You, #1) by Serenity Woods A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful, #2.5) by Jamie McGuire Blood Money (Bad Money #1) by Ali Parker Treat her Right (Treats to Tempt You, #2) by Serenity Woods

message 17: by Cheryl (last edited Jul 21, 2016 06:17PM) (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 77 comments Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

Completed:
9/10
Bonus: 4/5
Carryover: 4/8

✔︎alcohol - I Am Forever 7 July
He rubbed a cotton ball moistened with alcohol against the inside of my elbow. Pg 42
✔︎collide - Wicked 22 July
Our eyes collided and held. Pg 225
✔︎curve - Hidden Blade 12 July
I ran my gaze up her smooth legs, over her thighs and the curve of her waist… pg 127
✔︎fence - Hidden Blade 12 July
…and peered through the fence … pg 109
gamble
✔︎haircut - Wicked 22 July
… especially with the shaggy haircut. Pg 13
✔︎horse - Another One Bites the Dust 16 July
I saw my husband thrown from his horse, pg 74
✔︎purple - Hidden Blade 12 July
The face was swollen and flushed purple… pg 13
✔︎swing - November 9 9 July
swing open my bathroom door... pg 212
✔︎twelve - November 9 9 July
That’s an average of only twelve hours in the first month. pg 170

Bonus words:
✔︎buffet - Another One Bites the Dust 16 July
To port, two bare and embarrassed-looking buffet tables waited for our touch. Pg 54
✔︎grain - November 9 9 July
Wood grain trim. pg 208
✔︎messenger - I Am Forever 7 July
He was only the messenger. Pg 17
orphanage
✔︎unit - I Am Forever 7 July
Each unit rose at least two stories high... pg 108

Carryover words:
lollipop
✔︎scenic– The Curse of Tenth Grave 4 July
turned down the scenic route through the kitchen, pg 113
✔︎shaman- The Curse of Tenth Grave 4 July
I got the feeling they had been consulting a shaman-type healer. Pg 23
✔︎degenerate- The Curse of Tenth Grave 4 July
Mr. Adams Jr. was also a degenerate gambler, pg 212
✔︎dynamite - Another One Bites the Dust 16 July
If I had a wheelbarrow full of dynamite … pg 215
decorous
propeller
connectivity

The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10) by Darynda Jones I Am Forever (What Kills Me, #2) by Wynne Channing November 9 by Colleen Hoover Hidden Blade (Soul Eater, #1) by Pippa DaCosta Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) by Jennifer Rardin Wicked (A Wicked Saga, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 18: by Amy (last edited Jul 11, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

Amy (amy-i) July Word Hunt
Found: 10/10

alcohol/ic - Bender ... 7/2 ★★★★☆
15%..... At eighteen, I hadn’t even tasted alcohol.

collide - The Two Gentlemen of Altona ... 7/8 ★★★★★
34%..... Mac stepped back, letting go of Henry’s arm as he collided with Jeff.

curve - Making Nice ... 7/5 ★★★★☆
29%..... Ryan watched him pull on his coat, his mouth still curved in an obnoxious, disdainful smirk, and didn’t try to stop him when Blake turned to leave.

fence - Spring Fever ... 7/1 ★★★☆☆
53%..... “Clover, are you insane? We can’t climb the fence!”

gamble - The Merchant of Death ... 7/11 ★★★★★
10%..... It had been a gamble, but like Mac had told Henry, bad guys did crazy shit for love.

haircut - The Two Gentlemen of Altona ... 7/8 ★★★★★
31%..... Strange, what a simple dye job and haircut could do.

horse - Making Nice ... 7/5 ★★★★☆
67%..... Remember this tomorrow, Blake thought. Remember, Ryan as Robin Hood. Ryan Hood. Had there been a horse?

purple - Making Nice ... 7/5 ★★★★☆
68%..... Ryan set his bag down to examine the selection, disappointed they didn’t come in purple.

swing - Bender ... 7/2 ★★★★☆
37%..... Then I swing my legs carefully to the floor.

twelve - Bender ... 7/2 ★★★★☆
36%..... Dex twists his wrist to look at his watch. “It’s twelve fifteen.”

message 19: by Tina Theresa (last edited Jul 21, 2016 07:34AM) (new)

Tina Theresa | 255 comments Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

Completed: 10/10 DONE

alcohol/ic Out of Bounds 13% Jackson would be..hell, he didn't know - an alcoholic? 7/14
collide Unbreak My Heart 99% Then our mouths collided. 7/20
curve Unbreak My Heart 33% "But you haven't kicked me in the balls either, so I'm still ahead of the curve. 7/20
fence Enslaved by the Ocean p156 I reach the small wire fence and leap over it, landing with thump on the other side. 7/11
gamble Stolen: Complete Series p217 It was a gamble, but she had to make it. 7/12
haircutThe Year We Fell Down p249 I have a haircut appointment. 7/11
horse Any Duchess Will Do p71 He had to pull the horse to a halt in the center of the road and recover himself. 7/17
purple Out of Bounds 36% When they stopped next to a deep purple '69 Pontiac GTO and he dug his keys our of his pocket, she caught her breathe. 7/14
swing Twice the Bang p29 The moment she'd swung it open, she tried to swing it back closed. 7/12
twelve The Year We Fell Down p61 Twelve girls in red T-shirts ran past me and into our room. 7/11

The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy #1) by Lorelei James Twice the Bang (Delta Heat, #4) by Delilah Devlin Stolen Complete Series (Stolen, #1-4) by Lucia Jordan Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1) by Bella Jewel Out of Bounds (Boys of Fall) by Erin Nicholas

Bonus words:
buffet Wildest Dreams p32 I could eat my way through an entire buffet and then I could sleep for a week. 7/4
grain Lady Luck p421 I watched as he bent then I heard a squeal and he came up with Vivian Bess, our Vive, carrying her under his free arm like a sack of grain. 7/8
messenger Wildest Dreams p150 "We wanted to send a messenger but no one knew where you'd gone." 7/4
orphanage Any Duchess Will Do 41% He had no desire to spend his day at an orphanage. 7/17
unit Lady Luck p26 I tipped my head to the unit. 7/8

Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) by Kristen Ashley Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4) by Tessa Dare

message 20: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2412 comments i'm in! =)

message 21: by Melissa (last edited Jul 16, 2016 08:47AM) (new)

Melissa | 30 comments July Word Hunt - DONE 7/16/16

alcohol/ic - Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas - pg 144/322 - 7/7/16
"It's not that strong," Amelia protested, unable to taste any alcohol in the fruit-heavy wine.

collide - The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne - pg 167/349 - 7/12/16
When she reached for the reins, their hands collided.

curve - Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas - pg 18/322 - 7/7/16
A slow smile had curved St. Vincent's lips.

fence - Remote Resort: Rescue by Roselynn Randerod - pg 50/179 - 7/8/16
We installed motion detectors in the surrounding woods but deer kept triggering them so I went with a defensible perimeter fence and extra security cameras all around the buildings.

gamble - Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas - pg 155/322 - 7/7/16
Gamble! Drink! Buy a horse! Take a mistress! For God's sake, have a little imagination.

haircut - Stranded by Eve Vaughn - pg 147/221 - 7/3/16
Her short haircut sat well with her, making India’s brown eyes look bigger than ever and her cheekbones higher.

horse - Remote Resort: Rescue by Roselynn Randerod - pg 131/179 - 7/8/16
A trio of placidly grazing horses looked up to inspect her and Lila nickered, drawing them towards her like a magnet.

purple - Stranded by Eve Vaughn - pg 183/221 - 7/3/16
Steven turned a deep shade of purple.

swing - The Infamous Rogue by Alexandra Benedict - pg 60/263 - 7/5/16
The table illustrated a couple courting: a gentleman pushing his sweetheart in a tree swing.

twelve - The Infamous Rogue by Alexandra Benedict - pg 229/263 - 7/6/16
He had headed the family since boyhood, but his mother had suffered great hardship during the twelve years his father was away.

Bonus Words
Completed: 5/5

buffet - The Infamous Rogue by Alexandra Benedict - pg 181/263 - 7/6/16
As a host of servants transferred the steaming platters and salvers from the buffet to the table, James resumed his vigil of Sophia.

grain - The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne - pg 6/349 - 7/10/16
She would have given half her bushels of seed grain to nip into Harold's for a quick shot of Brown Blazer.

messenger - Imagine by Jill Barnett - pg 370/377 - 7/16/16
She jerked open the front door just as the messenger had raised his hand to press the door chime.

orphanage - Imagine by Jill Barnett - pg 33/377 - 7/13/16
A matron was taking them to an orphanage on Cook Island.

unit - Stranded by Eve Vaughn - pg 43/221 - 7/1/16
Yes, things look pretty grim right now, but I’m sure when the plane didn’t arrive at its destination, someone would’ve sent some kind of search unit to scour the nearby islands for survivors.

Stranded by Eve Vaughn The Infamous Rogue (Hawkins Brothers, #2) by Alexandra Benedict Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Remote Resort Book Two Rescue by Roselynn Randerod The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne Imagine by Jill Barnett

message 22: by Mary (new)

Mary | 161 comments July Word Hunt

alcohol/ic -

collide -

curve -

fence -

gamble -

haircut -

horse -

purple -

swing -

twelve -

Bonus Words
Completed: 0/5

buffet -

grain -

messenger -

orphanage -

unit -

message 23: by Katie (last edited Jul 26, 2016 06:23PM) (new)

Katie | 2077 comments RRRC: July Word Hunt
10/10 read
4/5 read

Alcohol/ic - Finding Forgiveness, Loc 151, "...his mate was an alcoholic..."
Collide - Kiss of the Night, Loc 3146, "...his foot collided with something..."
Curve - Second Chance, Loc 2579, "...the beginnings of the curve of her..."
Fence - Garden Spells, Loc 338, "...had pulled kids off the fence."
Gamble - Still the One, Loc 159, "Or gamble."
Haircut - Broken Soul, Loc 1134, "He had a fresh marine haircut..."
Horse - Rogue Rider, Loc 84, "Interesting horse tattoo on his right forearm..."
Purple - Taunting Krell, Loc 1153, "Be happy you aren't purple."
Swing - Extreme Love, Loc 1956, "...putting a seductive swing into her hips."
Twelve - You Wish, Loc 410, "...makes me look twelve years old."

Buffet - Beauty and the Feast, Loc 1867, "They wanted a deli-style buffet..."
Grain - Hold on My Heart, Loc 1521, "...just to appreciate the grain?"
Messenger - Queen of Shadows, Loc 6308, "...that the trembling messenger had just delivered."
Orphanage
Unit - How to Walk Like a Man, Loc 504, "...teased each other in James's unit."

message 24: by Ravenbleu (last edited Jul 22, 2016 01:30AM) (new)

Ravenbleu | 56 comments FINISHED

Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

✔︎ alcohol/ic: Easy Love
My cheeks feel warm from the alcohol, but....

✔︎ collide: Any Duchess Will Do
...nearly collided with a finely dressed man.

✔︎ curve: Mr. Romantic
...that fell down over the curve of his chest...

✔︎ fence: The Allure of Dean Harper
I'd been on the fence about attending...

✔︎ gamble: Undercover Billionaire Boss: A BWWM Contemporary Romance
...liked to gamble, though his chosen...

✔︎ haircut: Ryker
...grocery shopping, and I need a haircut .

✔︎ horse: Mr. Romantic
The horses are running.

✔︎ purple: Easy Love
..right after I pull a purple, lacy ....

✔︎ swing: The Allure of Dean Harper
"Okay, I'm just going to swing my leg over..."

✔︎ twelve : Easy Love
"Oh, gosh, about twelve years now, I guess."

Bonus words:
✔︎ buffet: Undercover Billionaire Boss: A BWWM Contemporary Romance
...way through the buffet line.

✔︎ grain:Any Duchess Will Do
...possessed a single grain of decency, he would...

✔︎ messenger:- Free Me
...enough for her to be his messenger.

✔︎ orphanage: Any Duchess Will Do
...desire to spend his day at an orphanage.

✔︎ unit: The Allure of Dean Harper
The A/C unit kicked on and...

Easy Love (Boudreaux, #1) by Kristen Proby Mr. Romantic (Mister, #2) by J.A. Huss Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4) by Sawyer Bennett The Allure of Dean Harper (The Allure, #2) by R.S. Grey Undercover Billionaire Boss A BWWM Contemporary Romance by Mia Caldwell Free Me (The Found Duet, #1) by Laurelin Paige Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4) by Tessa Dare

message 25: by Maritza (last edited Jul 26, 2016 09:26AM) (new)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 525 comments Present and accounted for.

July Word Hunt 11 of 15 completed

Alcohol / ic - by Christina Lauren read 07/06/16**** (pg 69) - Sara rarely drank hard ALCOHOL, but, again: breaking all the rules.
Collide - Beautiful Beloved (pg 33) - the chair COLLIDEd with the waiter...
Curve - Destiny Gift by Juliana Haygert read 07/03/16**** (pg 212) - Ceres sprawled on the bed, her body in a seductive CURVE.
Fence - Destiny Gift (pg200) - Victor was the last to cross the steel FENCE.
Gamble - Tell Me Something by Aubrey Bondurant read 07/03/16***** (loc 1%) - that includes GAMBLE Advertising, GAMBLE Properties and GAMBLE Productions.
Haircut - Beautiful Beloved (pg 82) - It's strange that a HAIRCUT could give someone such...
Horse - Beautiful Beloved (pg 78) - I also said, 'hung like a bloody HORSE.'
Purple - Addicted to You by Krista Ritcie read 07//16(pg 37) - his limbs are tangled in my PURPLE sheets, passed out from all the sex.
Swing - Destiny Gift (pg 209) - God I hated his mood SWINGs.
Twelve - Always Beautiful by M. K. Oien read 07/20/16**** (loc 63%) - What are we TWELVE? Dixon asked.

Bonus Words

Buffet - Tell Me Something (loc 72%) - but not so much for the midnight BUFFET.
Grain - A Taste of Pearl by Arianne Richmonde read 07/08/16** (pg 100) - , together with GRAIN to make it weighty.
Messenger - The Talented Mr. Rivers by HelenKay Dimon read 07/16/16**** (39.4%) - So, you're the MESSENGER?
Orphanage -
Unit - Tell Me Something (loc 17%) Which UNIT are you in?

Tell Me Something (Something, #1) by Aubrey Bondurant Destiny Gift (Everlast, #1) by Juliana Haygert Beautiful Beloved (Beautiful Bastard, #3.6) by Christina Lauren A Taste of Pearl (Pearl Sample) by Arianne Richmonde The Talented Mr. Rivers (End of the Line, #2) by HelenKay Dimon Always Beautiful by M.K. Oien Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie

message 26: by Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (last edited Jul 15, 2016 09:01AM) (new)

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 731 comments Becky's Tracking Post
July Word Hunt 2016
Champion Lv. + Bonus

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Finished: 17 of 17 COMPLETED: 7/15/2016
10 = basic words
5 = bonus words
2 = rollover words

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Words 1 through 10:

✔︎ 1. alcohol/ic: Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin |★| Jul 15
Phrase: relishing the familiar burn as the alcohol slid down his throat. Loc: 36%
✔︎ 2. collide: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo |★★★★| Jul 10
Phrase: …something shot through the air past them and collided with the bridge. Loc: 78%
✔︎ 3. curve: Rocks & Gravel by Catie Rhodes |★★★★| Jul 9
Phrase: Rainey’s lips curved, and it wasn’t the smile she used to win the title… Loc: 17.3
✔︎ 4. fence: Leave No Trace by Cindy Gerard |★★★★★| Jul 8
Phrase: No perimeter fences, either, which tells me they’re not too worried Loc: 44.7%
✔︎ 5. gamble: Texas! Lucky by Sandra Brown |★★★| Jul 6
Phrase: I married her on the chance that would help, but lost that gamble too. Loc: 88.6
✔︎ 6. haircut: The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins |★★★★★| Jul 7
Phrase: Okay, so the haircut was a bit radical. Loc: 15.5%
✔︎ 7. horse: Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer |★★★| Jul 6
Phrase: And then there is the horse! Loc: 4.5%
✔︎ 8. purple: In From The Cold by Nora Roberts |★★★| Jul 5
Phrase: “…in the purple heather by a loch and listen to the wind in the pine.” Loc: 48.5%
✔︎ 9. swing: Mortal Stakes by Robert B. Parker |★★★| Jul 1
Phrase: And I didn’t want to swing with my coat on. Loc: 31%
✔︎ 10. twelve: Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart |★★★★| Jul 2
Phrase: …from the time Jilly turned twelve and begun to tower over her mother… Loc: 82%

Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Rocks & Gravel (Peri Jean Mace #3) by Catie Rhodes Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5) by Cindy Gerard Texas! Lucky (Texas! Tyler Family Saga #1) by Sandra Brown The Perfect Match (Blue Heron #2) by Kristan Higgins Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer In From The Cold (The MacGregors, #0.2) by Nora Roberts Mortal Stakes (Spenser, #3) by Robert B. Parker Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart
★★★★★

***Bonus Words***

✔︎ buffet The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen |★★★★| Jul 11
Phrase: ,,,tiny lemon meringue cups from the buffet table. : Loc: 9.4%
✔︎ grain: Blood Trail by C. J. Box |★★★★★| Jul 2
Phrase: She was, but there was a grain of sincere incredulity as well. Loc: 56.8%
✔︎ messenger: Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble |★★★★★| Jul 5
Phrase: “Messenger of God,” Sister Marjo said. Loc: 86.5%
✔︎ orphanage: Fair Play by Deeanna Gist |★★★★★| Jul 7
Phrase: But we’re not an orphanage. Loc: 57.3%
✔︎ unit: Spell Booked by Joyce & Jim Levine |★★★★| Jul 4
Phrase: A special unit of investigators who were assigned to... Loc: 37%

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen Blood Trail (Joe Pickett, #8) by C.J. Box Lonestar Angel (Lonestar Series, #4) by Colleen Coble Fair Play by Deeanne Gist Spell Booked (Retired Witches Mystery #1) by Joyce Lavene
★★★★★

***Rollover Words***

From June:
✔︎ lollipop: Rising Tides by Nora Roberts |★★★★| Jul 3
Phrase: The supermarket cashier always had a smile—and a lollipop—for Aubrey Loc: 25.6%
✔︎ shaman: Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts |★★★| Jul 13
Phrase: He’d consulted with a shaman in Arizona, Loc: 8.9%

Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2) by Nora Roberts Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts

message 27: by Emily (last edited Jul 27, 2016 08:36AM) (new)

Emily | 693 comments 9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

July
alcohol/ic (Loc292) She hadn't had a drop of alcohol in a long time. Under your Sking by Shannyn Schroeder 7.1
collide (Pg18/Loc146) When he sets her back down on the floor, my eyes once again collide with hers. Trust Me by Lacey Black 7.4
curve (Loc1060) Surprised, I felt my lips curve upward. Debt by Jessica Gadziala 7.6
fence (1407) It's not really a curse, he explained as he tightened his hold around her and carefully stepped over the white picket fence that marked her property line. Honeymoon from Hell 1 by RL Mathewson 7.2
gamble (Loc3002) I would have to take a gamble and see if I could try and pull Jessa out of Raze's hands. Guarded by Michaela Adams 7.10
haircut (Loc1936) Why do you have a boy's haircut? Black Sheep by Bijou Hunter 7.7
horse (Loc 2265) T show myself that I can take the reigns without falling off my horse. Pricne With Beneits by Nicole Snow 7.7
purple (Loc756) I looked down to where his eyes are cast and notice my side is covered in a purple and red angry bruise. Better Left Forgotten by Lisa Helen Gray 7.5
swing (Loc1148) Daddy, I went really high on the swing and guess what? Obsession by Lisa Helen Gray 7.5
twelve (1939) The twelve> black chairs around the table were comfortable and sleek, though they may as well have been made of stone for how at ease I felt. Crave by Megan O'Brien 7.7

Bonus

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

buffet (pg365/Loc365) she might be able to fight back the urge to jump him and consummate the marriage precipitously, forcing everyone to wait to get to the buffet
grain (Loc2313) I should take her crude words with a grain of salt. Pole Dancer by JA Hornbuckle 7.15
messenger (Loc 2099) Noah soundeed less than happy about being the messenger.
orphanage (pg55) They left me and Alena at an orphanage when we were very young. Guard by Becca Jameson 7.20
unit (pg495/Loc9856) I've dispatched a unit The Will by Kristen Ashley 7.13

message 28: by Carly (last edited Aug 01, 2016 09:36AM) (new)

Carly (car88) | 65 comments »JULY 2016 - WORD HUNT«
·Post 29·

10/10 Complete
(view spoiler)

»Bonus«
3/5 Complete
(view spoiler)

»June Carryovers«
(view spoiler)

»READ«
Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn, #1) by C.J. Ellisson The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1) by Cynthia Eden Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison Series) by Mindy Klasky Croc's Return (Bitten Point, #1) by Eve Langlais Swan and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #2) by Eve Langlais Kiss at Your Own Risk (Soulfire #1) by Stephanie Rowe Vacation Hell (Princess of Hell, #4) by Eve Langlais No More Black Magic (Here Witchy Witchy, #1) by A.L. Kessler

message 29: by NayNay (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

NayNay Monthly Word Hunt
Duration:
July 1/16 - July 31/16

BOOK USED A Place Beyond Courage (William Marshal, #1) by Elizabeth Chadwick

collide location 1384 'Henry's attendants ran out and collided with him'
curve location 126 'over the smooth curve of the pommel'
fence location 3138 'has long sat on the fence'
gamble location 2980 'he was taking a gamble'
horse location 160 'pungent aromas of horse and stable'
purple location 278 'shod in the purple of kingship'
swing location 1942 'deserve better than to swing'
twelve location 4815 'set with twelve rubies'
Bonus
grain location 227 'then you have a grain of prudence'
messenger location 766 'the royal messenger who had been waiting outside'

BOOK USED Trauma Plan (Grace Medical, #1) by Candace Calvert

alcohol/ic location 141 'former hardware salesman, alcoholic, a smoker with emphysema'
Bonus
unit location 1700 'friendly electronic unit'

BOOK USED Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews

July page 283 'it's just that it's July'
haircut page 316 'twenty years of the same haircut'
Bonus
buffet page 131 'table and chairs, and a buffet'

BOOK USED The Time of Singing (William Marshal #4) (Bigod #1) by Elizabeth Chadwick

Bonus
orphanage page 291 'lacking the protection of an orphanage'

message 30: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Jul 24, 2016 03:31PM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 386 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 July 2016

8/10

alcohol/ic- "Babe, you have no alcohol tolerance." pg 24 - Finger Lickin' Fifteen
curve- "There was a very slight curve to the corners of his mouth." pg. 13 Finger Lickin' Fifteen
haircut "This guy with a really bad haircut and a nose like Captian Hook." pg 154 Finger Lickin' Fifteen

fence "What would we do all day, with no cows to milk and no fences to mend." pg 101 Dorothy Must Die: Stories
horse "It was hitched to a crude wooden horse composed.." pg 90 Dorothy Must Die: Stories
purple "All I saw was red and blue and green and purple and yellow..." pg 37 Dorothy Must Die: Stories

twelve "No Tag's still got twelve hours..." pg 100 Better Days and Other Stories

swing- "..., and he took a swing at me..." pg 160 Sizzling Sixteen

collide
gamble

Bonus
1/5

messenger- " I shoved the papers into my messenger bag.." pg 79 Sizzling Sixteen

buffet
grain
orphanage
unit

message 31: by Iris (last edited Jul 29, 2016 09:03PM) (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 16 comments I'm in :)

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 July 2016

10/10

ALCOHOL/IC: Never Never: Part Three - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher 7/2/16
Page 36: "And my mother is an alcoholic."
COLLIDE: Desertion - River Savage 7/28/16
Page 382: "He abruptly stops, causing me to collide into him."
CURVE: Never Never: Part Three - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher 7/2/16
Page 78: "I press my lips against the curve of her shoulder."
FENCE: Never Never: Part Three - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher 7/2/16
Page 34: "The only thing ugly about this setting is the barbed wire that runs across the top of the fence."
GAMBLE: Iniquity - Amy A. Bartol 7/26/16
Page 32: "That was a gamble, Evie."
HAIRCUT: Indebted - Amy A. Bartol 7/25/16
Page 276: "I want to brush it back for him and tell him that he should get a haircut."
HORSE: The Curse of Tenth Grave - Darynda Jones 7/6/16
Page 220: "He answered anything I asked, and though I had no idea why he was opening up now, I was never one to look a gift horse in the chops."
PURPLE: Desertion - River Savage 7/28/16
Page 385: "The room is intimate, soft purple and cream colors set in a low light."
SWING: Written In Red - Anne Bishop 7/12/16
Page 41: "Any other Wolves who were out running tonight would swing by for a bite or two."
TWELVE: Written In Red - Anne Bishop 7/12/16
Page 179: "There were twelve ponies waiting for her."

BONUS WORDS
3/5

BUFFET:
GRAIN: The Curse of Tenth Grave - Darynda Jones 7/6/16
Page 120: "I will say after what you told me about him, take everything you read here with a grain of salt."
MESSENGER: The Curse of Tenth Grave - Darynda Jones 7/6/16
Page 116: "I’d been playing messenger for some time, and while I loved the position, the benefits sucked."
ORPHANAGE:
UNIT: Written In Red - Anne Bishop 7/12/16
Page 64: "He hadn’t known the bastard he shot was still technically alive when he called for help and a medical unit and then left the girl so he could quickly check the rest of the house."

message 32: by Becky (last edited Jul 09, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1398 comments I'm in again!

15/15

alcohol/ic- Coming in from the Cold loc 1038- Her own parents had given her up in favor of drugs and alcohol. 7/1-7/2
collide- Magic Breaks loc 4884- For a second I thought Thomas would collide with him, but the alpha rat stopped an inch from Curran. 7/5-7/6
curve- The Art of Sinning loc 817- Back in his wife's day, gowns had clung to a woman, showing every curve, but they'd grown stuffed of late- with petticoats and drawers and what all. 7/3-7/4
fence- Trial by Fire loc 318- "I mean, I do the ranch part- ride fence and such." 7/1
gamble- Magic Breaks loc 699- "I'm not inclined to gamble with your safety." 7/5-7/6
haircut- Safe Words loc 4874- Same hair cut, same carefully tailored uniform, but there was something about his face; he was practically glowing. 7/2-7/3
horse- Trial by Fire loc 256- "She's healthy as a damn horse." 7/1
purple- Safe Words loc 484- Phan waved a Popsicle at him and grinned a purple grin. 7/2-7/3
swing- Trial by Fire loc 381- Holden led the way through the house to a huge sunroom, a baby swing sitting under a ceiling fan. 7/1
twelve- Safe Words loc 4765- Tobias was sure he didn't really want to see the painting that the previous twelve hours may have inspired. 7/2-7/3

Bonus

buffet- Magic Breaks loc 5968- At the far wall, the buffet table stretched, manned by several servers in white. 7/5-7/6
grain- Coming in from the Cold loc 1133- He stared down at the wood grain, his eyes unfocused. 7/1-7/2
messenger- Gays of Our Lives loc 116- I shifted my messenger bag, feeling for the shape of the cane. 7/9
orphanage- Forbidden loc 781- "I'm going over to the orphanage." 7/7-7/8
unit- Coming in from the Cold loc 1385- "The way the entire ortho unit is running around, you'd think the queen was coming to dine." 7/1-7/2

message 33: by cherryjellybeans (last edited Jun 25, 2016 05:50PM) (new)

cherryjellybeans (cherryandjellybeans) | 181 comments I'm in again too

0/10 words

alcohol/ic
collide
curve
fence
gamble
haircut
horse
purple
swing
twelve

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie | 4 comments I want to do it, but I read my books on my iPhone so a 300 page book can have more than a thousand on iBooks, so I won't be able to tell the real page number. Can I still participate?

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jun 27, 2016 10:00AM) (new)

MountainKat | 20264 comments Angie wrote: "I want to do it, but I read my books on my iPhone so a 300 page book can have more than a thousand on iBooks, so I won't be able to tell the real page number. Can I still participate?"

I use percentage for the books I read in iBooks - just do the math! For page number it should be the actually page number, in a print book or some Kindle books have them too. Otherwise, percentage is good. =)

message 36: by Angie (new)

Angie | 4 comments MountainKat wrote: "Angie wrote: "I want to do it, but I read my books on my iPhone so a 300 page book can have more than a thousand on iBooks, so I won't be able to tell the real page number. Can I still participate?..."

Oh okay! This looks fun :)

message 37: by Angie (last edited Jul 12, 2016 05:03AM) (new)

Angie | 4 comments Completed 10/10
Bonus 2/5

Alcohol/ic Magic Breaks
4%: She found the half-starved child of an alcoholic on the street, almost died saving her from demons, and then adopted her.

Collide Magic Slays
20%: Grendel lunged and collided with her palm.

Curve Magic Gifts
6%: For some reason I had expected a hanok house with a curved tiled roof and a wide front porch.

Fence Magic Slays
17%: The remaining few spent small fortunes on wards, fences, and ammo.

Gamble Magic Breaks
12%: I’m not inclined to gamble with your safety.

Haircut Magic Rises
21%: Two parents and two grown sons, both handsome, dark-haired, hazel-eyed, with narrow faces, short haircuts, and clean-shaven square jaws.

Horse Magic Breaks
21%: I’d need a horse to keep up with the shapeshifters.

Purple Magic Slays
6%: The PAD collectively turned purple with rage

Swing Magic Rises
16%: Last time I checked, I was a big girl, all grown up and able to put on my shoes and swing my sword all by myself.

Twelve Magic Gifts
55% : The blade of the axe flared at the toe and heel, its razor-sharp edge spanning full twelve inches.

Bonus words
Buffet Magic Shifts
4%: By the time I found a working phone and convinced the Paranormal Activity Division that a pack of ghouls six times the typical size was moving toward Atlanta, Northlake would be an all-you-can-devour ghoul buffet.

Messenger

Orphanage

Unit Magic Shifts
91%: It is clearly some sort of transdimensional containment unit.

message 38: by Jill (new)

Jill | 1 comments I'm in~!

Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 31 July 2016

Bonus: 0/5

alcohol/ic -

collide -

curve -

fence -

gamble -

haircut -

horse -

purple -

swing -

twelve -

Bonus words:

buffet -

grain -

messenger -

orphanage -

unit -

message 39: by Jennifer H (last edited Jul 30, 2016 09:42AM) (new)

Jennifer H RRRC July Word Hunt

alcohol/ic: Sweet Filthy Boy 7/3-4♥
pg 40 ~ Let's blame the alcohol
collide: Sweet Filthy Boy 7/3-4♥
pg 103 ~ hands collide in midair
curve: Trace 7/9-4♥
pg 21 ~ the curve of a cheek
fence: Sweet Filthy Boy 7/3-4♥
pg 190 ~ pristine white fence
gamble: Crystal Cove 7/13-4♥
pg 225 ~ a gamble with no downside
haircut: Jade Island 7/6-4♥
pg 246 ~ the haircut is mainland
horse: Trace 7/9-4♥
pg 220 ~ as if they are horses
purple: the Titan's Curse 7/11-5♥
pg 66 ~ cluster full of purple grapes
swing: Jade Island 7/6-4♥
pg 4 ~ I'll swing by after
twelve: Jade Island 7/6-4♥
pg 165 ~ I spent twelve hours

buffet: Heir of Fire 7/1-4♥
pg 346 ~ on the buffet table
grain: Heir of Fire 7/1-4♥
pg 58 ~ a sack of grain
messenger: Heir of Fire 7/1-4♥
pg 120 ~ didn't expect the messenger
orphanage
unit: Trace 7/9-4♥
pg 18 ~ your own window unit

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren Jade Island (Donovan, #2) by Elizabeth Lowell Trace (Kay Scarpetta, #13) by Patricia Cornwell The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan Crystal Cove (Friday Harbor, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

message 40: by Christina (AKA Babbling) (last edited Jul 30, 2016 08:12PM) (new)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 195 comments JULY

Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America by Firoozeh Dumas 2 July 2016 ★★★★
Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn 4 July 2016 ★★★★★
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones 9 July 2016 ★★★★★
A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain 10 July 2016 ★★★★★
A Wedding in Springtime by Amanda Forester 17 July 2016 ★★★

Funny in Farsi A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America by Firoozeh Dumas Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain A Wedding in Springtime (Marriage Mart, #1) by Amanda Forester

alcohol/ic - Kitty and the Midnight Hour - pg. 18 - I smelled sweat , perfume , alcohol , cigarettes.
collide - A Murder in Time - loc. 6686 - as she rounded a corner, she collided with Gabriel.
curve - Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America - pg 136 - knit dress that accentuated her ample curves.
fence - Kitty and the Midnight Hour - pg.226 - in the corner formed by a brick wall and a wooden fence.
gamble - A Wedding in Springtime - loc. 2802 - he also has a tendency to gamble
haircut - Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America - pg. 15 - carefully chose his clothing, got a haircut
horse - Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America - pg. 45 - smiling girl ridding a horse
purple - First Grave on the Right - pg. 76 -a bloated face, blue and purple, appeared before me
swing - Kitty and the Midnight Hour - pg. 241 - allow me to swing him head first into the ground
twelve - First Grave on the Right - pg. 17 - with something more reasonable like say nine twelve.

message 41: by Amanda A (last edited Jul 24, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments July Monthly Word Hunt
Completed: 15/15

alcohol - "I'll make sure you can't walk in the morning, and it won't be from the alcohol." Everywhere and Every Way Page 282
collide - "A fist collided with her face in a vicious blow." Undiscovered Loc 115
curve - "We make it curve into one main horseshoe" Everywhere and Every Way Page 78
fence - "But she snuck right on under the fence" Nuts Page 235
gamble - "the gamble held bad odds" Everywhere and Every Way Page 201
haircut - "when he turned five and had his first haircut" A Fatal Thaw Page 140
horse - "she wanted to be a horse trainer" Nuts Page 246
purple - "key dangling from a purple rabbit's foot" Midnight Run Page 81
swing - "The swing stopped so suddenly" Nuts Page 236
twelve - "Twelve forks clattered in a giant pot" The Girls Page 115

Bonus:
buffet - "flicking at some imaginary dust on the buffet hutch" A Fatal Thaw Page 118
grain - "180-grain hunting ammunition" A Fatal Thaw Page 3
messenger - "she sent me spinning from her like a messenger for her alternate self." The Girls Page 350
orphanage - "But every time his new family would send him back to the orphanage" Midnight Run Page 137
unit - "Having spent two years working with a K-9 unit" Midnight Run Page 166

A Fatal Thaw (Kate Shugak, #2) by Dana Stabenow 7/1 Midnight Run (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1259) by Linda Castillo 7/2 Everywhere and Every Way (Billionaire Builders, #1) by Jennifer Probst 7/5 Nuts (Hudson Valley, #1) by Alice Clayton 7/6 The Girls by Emma Cline 7/7 Undiscovered (Treasure Hunter Security #1) by Anna Hackett 7/8

message 42: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3360 comments July Word Hunt

0 of 10 Complete
0 of 5 Bonus

July Words
✧alcohol/ic: One Hit Wonder - Denyse Cohen
calibre loc: 31.4 - The truth was, the alcohol helped to drown her worries.

✧collide: Under the Covers - Rita Herron
calibre loc: 573.4 - Then his body collided with the ground,

✧curve: Mine to Take - Cynthia Eden
calibre loc: 51.1 - His body curved over mine when he—he held me against him.

✧fence: One Hit Wonder - Denyse Cohen
calibre loc: 339.2 - The cars parked in a crooked line near the chicken wire fence surrounding the house and yard,

✧gamble: Under the Covers - Rita Herron
calibre loc: 43.3 - Dr. Jensen’s father had once been a roving artist who sculpted nudes and liked to gamble.

✧haircut: Under the Covers - Rita Herron
calibre loc: 285.2 - A haircut and facial would do her wonders.

✧horse: Fantastical - Kristen Ashley
calibre loc: 14.0 - I made it to the balcony and looked down to see that indeed three horses were in the courtyard.

✧purple: Fantastical - Kristen Ashley
calibre loc: 131.4 - Also full, flowing skirts, these of a dusky purple with petticoats,

✧swing: Fantastical - Kristen Ashley
calibre loc: 149.6 - ...the other one struck out with powerful swings and blue sparks…

✧twelve: Mine to Take - Cynthia Eden
calibre loc: 69.6 - “For twelve hours.”
One Hit Wonder by Denyse Cohen Under the Covers by Rita Herron Mine to Take (Mine, #1) by Cynthia Eden Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley

Bonus
✧buffet: Wrapped in You - Kate Perry
calibre loc: 145.7 - To one side there was an elaborate buffet set up,

✧grain: Heart of the Night - Gayle Wilson
calibre loc: 418.2 - The grain of truth, Kate supposed, hidden in the mass of chaff that had been written about the case…

✧messenger: One Hit Wonder - Denyse Cohen
calibre loc: 251.8 - She climbed off her stool and pulled her own cell from her messenger bag.

✧orphanage: Cake - Nicole Reed
calibre loc: 60.5 - While there, he helped build schools, an orphanage, and medical centers.

✧unit: April Undercover - Evan Katy
calibre loc: 223.9 - They were headed toward what looked like an air conditioning unit:
Wrapped in You (Laurel Heights, #10.5) by Kate Perry Heart of the Night by Gayle Wilson One Hit Wonder by Denyse Cohen Cake by Nicole Reed April Undercover (Samantha Rialto Mysteries) by Evan Katy

message 43: by Suzanne (last edited Jul 20, 2016 08:37AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2052 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
2016 July Word Hunt
Duration:
July 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016

Progress: 12 out of 15

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

July
Alcohol/ic:
"I'm so ready for carbs and alcohol and girls." Page 189
Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts - ***** - 7/5/2016
Collide: "I laugh again and he takes a step closer but as soon as he does, the moment explodes into awkward again as I reach for him and our hands collide in midair"
Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren - ***** - 7/19/2016
Curve: "He laughed, nuzzling his face in the curve of her shoulder." Page 154
Fence: "He came upon a long, ill-lit hallway that had doorways covered by chain-link fence on each side." Loc 9620
Cut & Run by Abigail Roux - *** - 7/7/2016

Gamble

Haircut: "Out of the truck, Zane could see the young agent was tall and lanky, and his short haircut couldn't restrain the dark curls that had to be natural." Loc 588
Horse: "I have to go horse riding." Page 137
The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion - **** - 7/11/2016
Purple: "Ty pulled out a new T-shirt from his seemingly endless supply, one with "ExFed" written across the front in purple and green letters, and he slid into it as he turned around and looked over Zane." Loc 2154
Swing: "She set the trays down, then tucked her chin length swing of hair behind her ears before she obeyed Mrs. Grady and fixed herself a little bowl of berries." Page 11
Twelve: "My doctor said twelve weeks was fine." Page 141

Bonus

Buffet: "Inside, I discovered that Sofia had spent the afternoon preparing a long, colour-coordinated buffet bar of homemade sandwich toppings."
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater - *** - 7/8/2016
Grain: "The references to research in psychology and pregnancy incorporate the prejudices of fictional characters and should be taken with a grain of salt." Page 344
Messenger: "When I let go, he turns to pack his computer into a leather messenger tote."
Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren - ***** - 7/19/2016

orphanage
unit

Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Abigail Roux Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1398 comments Finished! See post #33 for details.

message 45: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 1062 comments FINISHED
Word Hunt ~ July
1 - 11 July 2016

alcoholic Only with You Lauren Layne 7/2/16 p. 14 She’s spent the past few years being a barfly and giving us heart palpitations worrying about her getting shot up by some alcoholic motorcycle ruffians.

collide Revel Alison Ryan 7/2/16 LOC 963-964 Displaying the focus that made him an all-county wide receiver in high school, Declan attempted to change direction as the wind made the ball dip, and he reached full extension – only to collide with a defensive back.

curve All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 256 All life's curve balls didn't always result in black eyes.

fence All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 197 Fortunately, Olivia thought again, Maritza didn't realize Olivia was playing both sides of the fence.

gamble Melting into You Tracey Alvarez 7/6/16 Loc 5265 To gamble that he wouldn’t let her down?

haircut Taken by Love Melissa Foster 7/4/16 p. 224 Her gray hair still held the fresh curl of a new haircut that framed her round, friendly face.

horse Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 58 Deacon’s mother, Priscilla, goes on a rampage through every one of Jack’s known haunts: the White Horse Tavern, Milano’s, 169, Blarney Stone.

purple Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 230 The can was amethyst purple, and in pink, girly cursive, it said Skinny4Life.

swing Lovers At Heart Melissa Foster 7/3/16 “Don’t forget, you said you’d do the after-party swing tonight. Lovers at Heart (p. 33)

twelve Here's to Us Elin Hilderbrand 7/1/16 p. 11 But the M.E. put the time of death about twelve hours earlier—so maybe seven or eight o’clock last night.

Bonus words:
buffet
All Summer Long Dorothea Benton Frank 7/1/16 p. 180 Sam removed a remote control wand from a drawer in the buffet and handed it to Bob.

grain Justified Deception Patricia Watters 7/4/16 Loc 164 And in another, Annie was slung over her father's shoulders like a sack of grain, Annie making a silly face at the camera.

messenger Don't Let Go Michelle Lynn 7/7/16 Loc 191 Digging into my messenger bag, I realize I forgot my iPod back in my room.

orphanage The Apple Orchard Susan Wiggs 7/11/16 p. 323 When my grandmother died half a year later, I was sent to a church orphanage.

unit Sisters in Love Melissa Foster 7/3/16 p. 183 — a worn, green couch with a dark blue throw across the back cushions, a coffee table, and a scratched, wooden shelving unit that looked like it had seen better days.

message 46: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Congrats Becky!!

Congrats JoAnne!!

Hmm - the words this month must have been too easy?? ;P

message 47: by Loriidae (last edited Jul 12, 2016 04:30PM) (new)

Loriidae | 415 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "....Hmm - the words this month must have been too easy?? ;P"

Obviously I am reading the wrong books! =^..^=

message 48: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Hehehe.

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ (mckennamuse) | 731 comments WOW! I've never been finished this early! I even had two rollover books from last month. It could have something to do with reading 22 books so far this month :\

My post is here: Finished 17 of 17 books

Thanks, Jane!

message 50: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19821 comments Congrats Becky!!

*mumbling*...definitely need harder words ;)

« previous 1 3